Austintown Fitch 2023

History does not imply hope.

OTOH, look at the numbers. How many high school studs disappear in college? Hint: every kid in the program has as many stars as you did on your recruiting profile. Most don't make it. Go to class. It's a better bet.

History does not imply hope.

OTOH, look at the numbers. How many high school studs disappear in college? Hint: every kid in the program has as many stars as you did on your recruiting profile. Most don't make it. Go to class. It's a better bet.
That’s true, I just hope every kid from my area makes it that’s all

The latest word I have heard is tgat he is just going to sit out the season. It's most likely true because everyone would be abuzz with where he is at if he were practicing with a team.
This is what happens when adults treat youth sports as a business. Regardless if you are a D1 prospect, or a senior who never puts on a jersey after their last game, your senior year should hopefully be a memorable one. I feel bad for him in the context that he will not get to be a part of what looks like a very good Austintown football team as well as missing out on All area/state teams, Big 22 recognition and so on. I feel bad for the young man.

Last edited:
This is what happens when adults treat youth sports as a business. Regardless if you are a D1 prospect, or a senior who never puts on a jersey after their last game, your senior year should hopefully be a memorable one. I feel bad for him in in the context that he will not get to be a part of what looks like a very good Austintown football team as well as missing out on All area/state teams, Big 22 recognition and so on. I feel bad for the young man.
I agree. I think he should of played somewhere. Ideally the father should kept his mouth shut and realized that it is about his son and not him but that is the world we live in now.

Last word I will say on Robinson. When I met him and his father, they actually told me that there were recruiters telling him to sit this year out to avoid injury. I don't know if that is true, but that is what they told me. As far as him being successful in college, I think he will be great. He is a workout machine who never stops. He has all the tools, and even though he is not playing, is still going one on one with former college and even former pro players. He will be ready to battle in college. He did not get kicked off the team or leave the team for doing drugs, getting bad grades, going to a better school, or fighting. He is a 3.9 GPA kid who takes all of his classes at YSU. He is deeply religious and has a strong desire to give back to the kids of Youngstown. He isn't on the team because his coach and his father didn't get along, and I think Parker did not think he was a team player. I personally think Parker could have avoided this situation and this would not be happening. However, I'm sure he was sick of the crap, and he wants the kids to be focused on the team and not individual accolades. From talking to Robinson, I do think Robinson was dedicated to his teammates and his coach. He said nothing bad and only praised everyone on the team. With that, I will not talk about it and only wish him the best of luck.

On with the season. Does anyone know what time the three way with Mentor will happen?

Last word I will say on Robinson. When I met him and his father, they actually told me that there were recruiters telling him to sit this year out to avoid injury. I don't know if that is true, but that is what they told me. As far as him being successful in college, I think he will be great. He is a workout machine who never stops. He has all the tools, and even though he is not playing, is still going one on one with former college and even former pro players. He will be ready to battle in college. He did not get kicked off the team or leave the team for doing drugs, getting bad grades, going to a better school, or fighting. He is a 3.9 GPA kid who takes all of his classes at YSU. He is deeply religious and has a strong desire to give back to the kids of Youngstown. He isn't on the team because his coach and his father didn't get along, and I think Parker did not think he was a team player. I personally think Parker could have avoided this situation and this would not be happening. However, I'm sure he was sick of the crap, and he wants the kids to be focused on the team and not individual accolades. From talking to Robinson, I do think Robinson was dedicated to his teammates and his coach. He said nothing bad and only praised everyone on the team. With that, I will not talk about it and only wish him the best of luck.

On with the season. Does anyone know what time the three way with Mentor will happen?
Good post.

No college recruiter is telling kids to sit out their senior year of high school.

I don't believe that for a second. Not that he would tell you anything, but I'm sure Coach Parker has a different story.

No college recruiter is telling kids to sit out their senior year of high school.
Yes, that sounds less than credible. Can you imagine the blow back if a college recruiter was encouraging a player to sit? They'd never be allowed to set foot on school grounds again. College coaches know what it's like to deal with that when guys are sitting out bowl games.

Agree with everything you’ve said here falguin except the Parker comment. My understanding (and may or may not be correct) is that Brian’s father physically went after Parker and was restrained. That was the last straw (along with/or continuing the DeShaun Watson 7 on 7) and happened on the field in front of everybody. So imo this is an issue between Mr. Robinson and TJ which couldn’t be worked out. I wish Brian the best moving forward and will follow and support the Falcons 💯 as always. I will also follow and support Brian in his football future.

I'm beginning to wonder if the father did this on purpose. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Hopefully this is behind the team now. Best of luck to the Falcons this season. If anyone goes to the Mentor scrimmage, please post updates.

My understanding (and may or may not be correct) is that Brian’s father physically went after Parker and was restrained. That was the last straw (along with/or continuing the DeShaun Watson 7 on 7) and happened on the field in front of everybody.
Could be a case of addition by subtraction. Every school encounters that at some point. Count yourself fortunate that the subtraction actually occurs and move on.

Bummed I can't make the Ignatius game this year at Fitch. I have been all over the state to different places but never AF.

Taking the wife to Chapelle that night but will be checking my phone.

The new home bleachers look awesome. Well done Fitch!
20230803_190857.jpg