ASVSM @ Dover

Doverbuck1

Dover has played St.V St.M twice,first game was the 2012 state semi finals when Paris Campbell ran wild and Donte Booker ran down our fastest player. The other game was in the first round of 2016 playoffs at Dover when St.V. Was literally bigger,faster and stronger at every position and cruised 42-7
I don’t think we will see that physical disadvantage this year.
Dover has been playing well but need to cut down on the penalties that killed 2 trips in the red zone and called 2 touchdowns back against Phila.
I look for a dogfight type of game.

This wouldn’t be the team that I’d want my team to open up the first round of the playoffs with. The game should be a good one but I do believe Dover will win.

This version of the Irish just makes too many mistakes at crucial times. Turnovers, missed assignments and mental errors. If they can avoid those they can be competitive but they haven't shown the ability to do that yet.

I’d say dover is a step behind Hartley and Stv played pretty close with them. If Dover plays like they did vs Np Svsm will beat them by 14-21 points. The Play calling was terrible the last few games. Dover better mix up the passing a little more.

STV O-Line is the biggest Dover will see to this point. Yes bigger then Strongsville. The Rb is a beat and a load to bring down. They do mix in the pass and run pretty well. Dover can win but it’s going to be a battle. Better clean a few things up. And they better play call better then they been calling the last few games. Iffts last season coaching before he retires I’m sure he wants to win some playoff games

I’d say dover is a step behind Hartley and Stv played pretty close with them. If Dover plays like they did vs Np Svsm will beat them by 14-21 points. The Play calling was terrible the last few games. Dover better mix up the passing a little more.

STV O-Line is the biggest Dover will see to this point. Yes bigger then Strongsville. The Rb is a beat and a load to bring down. They do mix in the pass and run pretty well. Dover can win but it’s going to be a battle. Better clean a few things up. And they better play call better then they been calling the last few games. Iffts last season coaching before he retires I’m sure he wants to win some playoff games

Has Ifft said this is his last season? I didn’t know that.

These SVSM sympathizers LMAO. I’m just waiting on them to play a good game. At some point mistakes, penalties and missed assignments become part of your identity. You’ve had 10 weeks to clean it up but go on with how great they are. I’m just here to comment

These SVSM sympathizers LMAO. I’m just waiting on them to play a good game. At some point mistakes, penalties and missed assignments become part of your identity. You’ve had 10 weeks to clean it up but go on with how great they are. I’m just here to comment
Exactly which STVM sympathizers are you referring to? I haven't heard anyone from the STVM faithful indicate anything other than they are a mistake prone, flawed team. Can they beat Dover? Sure. Should they even be in the playoffs? IMO, no.

Damn. The #2 seed getting no respect in this one. Tough draw for Dover. Give me Dover 24-10
Any perceived lack of respect is NOT coming from STVM fans. We've seen the Irish underachieve much of the season. They have played exactly one complete game against a quality opponent. They have made critical errors in just about every close game they have been in. They have the talent to be a top DIII team, but they have never put it together this season. And, considering how they limped through the last 3 games of the regular season, I see no reason to expect that that trend will not continue.

This year's 4-6 record for SVSM is its worse in 15 years. When turnovers, missed assignments and untimely penalties become the norm as they have for the Irish it demonstrates that there are deeply engrained issues with the team not just bad luck or bad bounces. In the end it just comes down to them not being a very good team. Good teams have bad weeks not bad seasons.

As for the Hartley game as a measuring stick, if I recall correctly the game was an early blowout (especially the second quarter) but SVSM scored a couple of times late to make it not look so bad.

It sounds like SVSM struggles a bit on offense, but scores a decent amount via defense and special teams. Can anyone back this up? If true, I expect this to be a defensive struggle- like 14-7 or so.

Dan Ifft is a season vet of the game. Dover Will be ready and he will game plan accordingly. Dover has to great QBs that can sling it and they will if they have 2. Dover 31-14. This will not even be a game.

SVSM Quarterback play been pretty bad this year… They just do not really have the people that they have had in the past at that position. I do believe if they can shorten the game this will be closer than most think. I think Dover wins close only because they are at home.