Are Ohio high school football roster numbers down overall?

ex_dc_atc

We were discussing on another thread a school that was a perennial playoff team essentially from 1995 until 2018. Now just a few years later, their numbers have shrunk to the point they've had to cancel a game due to the issue. It makes me curious, how many schools in the state have a roster size of 25 or less players? At the small school level, it appears the number of teams with even less than 20 players is growing. Anyone care to start listing schools that we know are below that 20-25 player range? Especially schools that weren't having issues with numbers even a short time ago.

from where i’m from, i think roster sizes took there biggest hit around 2013/2014. since then, i don’t think anything has changed
I know in the WOAC, which is a league I'll follow, they probably have half their teams in the 20 range on rosters. Obviously Bradford has basically cancelled their season due to numbers. Then in the TRC you have Covington cancelling a game this week due to numbers. In the SWBL, Madison is around that 20 range too.

I know in the WOAC, which is a league I'll follow, they probably have half their teams in the 20 range on rosters. Obviously Bradford has basically cancelled their season due to numbers. Then in the TRC you have Covington cancelling a game this week due to numbers. In the SWBL, Madison is around that 20 range too.
Milton was in the 80s in the late 2000s and now field 45.
It’s a kid thing. I think there are always going to be communities that create that atmosphere of participation (Valley View, Milton, Marion Local, Coldwater,etc) due to proper parental involvement. Some communities suffer from over-bearing parents and in those cases, along with more liberal educators, you see a trend downward.
Covington is a rare situation and is a football community. The coach must be at issue, not the lack of involvement. Kids don’t want to play for him.

Milton was in the 80s in the late 2000s and now field 45.
It’s a kid thing. I think there are always going to be communities that create that atmosphere of participation (Valley View, Milton, Marion Local, Coldwater,etc) due to proper parental involvement. Some communities suffer from over-bearing parents and in those cases, along with more liberal educators, you see a trend downward.
Covington is a rare situation and is a football community. The coach must be at issue, not the lack of involvement. Kids don’t want to play for him.
I often wonder if kids aren't participating in sports as much or if there more specialization. Probably like most things, it's a combination of a lot of different items. The enrollment at the schools doesn't seem to be changing dramatically.