Anyone need a fitness accountabilibuddy?

JackEd

Ever since March 13th 2020, I have ever so slowly gained 18 pounds of fat. On that date everything was pretty much shut down including the fitness center I use at work. Needless to say that I don't have the discipline to workout at home. Going to the gym before work puts me in the right frame of mind to eat healthy, and pretty much avoid bad decision making (binging on snacks or to much alcohol at night). I am able to talk myself out of eating late or drinking to much if at all because I know I have to get up by 4am to hit the gym before work. Life is to busy for the vast majority of us after we get home to hit the gym after work and I am no different. Once the shutdown went into effect I went from 200lbs to 223, there was a mental switch that went off and I can't turn it back on. I'm currently 220lbs and the fitness center at work has been open since September but I still can't get out of this funk. I've had spurts over the 18 months or so of getting into a running routine and body weight routine, but nothing that will motivate to keep in going. What I'm looking for is a good old fashion fat shaming, that can help keep me on a steady workout regiment.
If anyone is interested you'll know where to find me.

Get a workout partner that forces you to run, walk or lift. Works for me.Tell everyone in your circle of friends your modest goals. Ask them to hold you to it. Get a few hyper-critical non-feeling pals to humiliate you once in a while when you've let down. Post workouts on line. I use
www.attackpoint.org. It's free.

One of my boys joined a boot camp group that works out in all weather 3 days at a local park in the pre-dawn hours.

Modest goal of jogging a 5k or more by the Christmas holidays and dropping 10 lbs. Organize an informal event that proves your fitness. Weigh in in front of a group. Maybe penalize yourself by the pound and donate the money to charity. Then reset once you've made the goal.

Just $19.99 a month, call right now. Numbers are open.

mad laugh GIF

Get a workout partner that forces you to run, walk or lift. Works for me.Tell everyone in your circle of friends your modest goals. Ask them to hold you to it. Get a few hyper-critical non-feeling pals to humiliate you once in a while when you've let down. Post workouts on line. I use
www.attackpoint.org. It's free.

One of my boys joined a boot camp group that works out in all weather 3 days at a local park in the pre-dawn hours.

Modest goal of jogging a 5k or more by the Christmas holidays and dropping 10 lbs. Organize an informal event that proves your fitness. Weigh in in front of a group. Maybe penalize yourself by the pound and donate the money to charity. Then reset once you've made the goal.
I like this idea.

While I have lost about ten pounds in the last year, the next ten seems to be tougher. My doc says it's 80% diet and 20% exercise (my numbers and the opposite of what I have always felt). I do fair at both diet and exercise, but fair will not take care of those stubborn ten pounds. I've known for some time I need to kick it up a notch and just need to get motivated to do it. The cooler weather should help, that is, until it gets too cold to do as much as desired.

On the lighter side of weight loss

A very portly gentleman goes to the doctor with a specific complaint.

Patient: Doc, I have as problem. I can't see my genitalia.
Doctor: That's because you need to diet.
Patient: Dye it?! What good will that do me?I can't even tell what color it is now.