Any Mr Basketball picks?

TJ Crumble would have probably been the obvious choice, but he's now ineligible. Maybe Marcus Johnson?

Tyler McKinley, Jonathan Powell, and Raleigh Burgess are the obvious candidates from Southwest Ohio, but I don't think any of them will win it. McKinley has the most impressive stat line but has played the weakest competition and missed a few games. Powell is averaging 20.2 ppg, but has been a little disappointing overall and is only shooting 45%. Burgess doesn't have the best stat line and is known for his defense and has also missed a few games.

I'm guessing Parham and Owens are ineligible because they are not actually at an OHSAA school?

Have to think Jesse McCullough and Colin White are in the running. Don't think Damon Friery or RJ Greer are in the running because their stat lines don't stand out. Dorian Jones maybe?

I think McKinley, McCullough, White & Powell would have to be the finalists. All very deserving

Being a Cincinnati guy, my biased vote goes to McKinley

I think McKinley, McCullough, White & Powell would have to be the finalists. All very deserving

I would go with McKinley as well, but I'm not optimistic given that OJ Mayo is the only Mr. Basketball ever from Cincinnati.

Care to venture who your Mr. Basketball is then?

I would venture to say McKinley is the favorite.

McCulloch, Powell, Jones probably have a fair shot as well with Powell having the least shot. They might consider White but I don't see him winning either.

Skaljac from Becksville is a name I heard a couple weeks back as a possibility.
Most likely gonna be a guy from a large area, Cleveland, C-Bus or Dayton/Cincy.
White has name recognition though.

I agree with those 4 finalists but I would go with McCullough as best. In their head to head match up mid season McCullough absolutely dominated McKinley. It was quite a surprising performance. I haven't seen much of Whites play this year but Powell I thought was very impressive in the 2 games of his I attended.

I agree with those 4 finalists but I would go with McCullough as best. In their head to head match up mid season McCullough absolutely dominated McKinley. It was quite a surprising performance. I haven't seen much of Whites play this year but Powell I thought was very impressive in the 2 games of his I attended.
It wasn't midseason but McCullough did have the better game of the two

Cleveland Top Candidates:
Marcus Johnson, Garfield Hts. 23.1 PPG; 3.6 APG Team 21-1 D1
Jesse McCulloch, Lutheran East 22.4 PPG; 14.1 RPG; 4.3 Blocks Team 16-5
Luke Skaljac, Brecksville 21.9 PPG; 5.7 APG; 4.2 Steals Team 18-4 D1

Do people lean toward Tyler McKinney because he is staying in state for college? He seems to have really impressive stats this season. He didn't play all 4 years of high school basketball in Ohio. Winton Woods doesn't have a great strength of schedule and just lost in District semifinals. Only saw him play against Lutheran East this season and he looked outmatched. I'd be curious to hear from locals who see him play more often.

Do people lean toward Tyler McKinney because he is staying in state for college? He seems to have really impressive stats this season. He didn't play all 4 years of high school basketball in Ohio. Winton Woods doesn't have a great strength of schedule and just lost in District semifinals. Only saw him play against Lutheran East this season and he looked outmatched. I'd be curious to hear from locals who see him play more often.
He’s legitimately very good. The team around him at Winton Woods isn’t. It’s harder for a big guy to be dominant night-in and night-out in high school because they don’t dominate the ball. Very quick for his size at 6’9” and his ability to drive and finish is excellent. Also is unselfish. The only thing that could limit him at the next level is his shooting ability.