Another Weekend Of Youth Basketball.... Another Weekend Of Fights

I attended a Nike EYBL summer session and was impressed with the quality of officiating.

The officials were younger and called the game like a college contest.

At halftime and after the game, a couple older men would talk to the three referees in a huddle near one of the baselines.

Were the officials there making $25 a game?

I attended a Nike EYBL summer session and was impressed with the quality of officiating.

The officials were younger and called the game like a college contest.

At halftime and after the game, a couple older men would talk to the three referees in a huddle near one of the baselines.

Were the officials there making $25 a game?
Sounds like a camp and if that was the case, they probably were not only getting paid, they probably paid to be there. Cost of doing this role.

Well, not many crews work both ends, but if they did, they'd typically get around $70 for varsity and $45-$50 for the JV.

In the summer..... typically it's $25 no matter the age group
SW Ohio has went up to 30-35$ for summer games. Many JV Games in the area just went up to 50$ per for next season.

The replies from the idiots on Barstool (?) leave us with no doubt why the environment exists.

Those morons truly think there is no problem with this behavior.

Wow to have a much bigger player be urged on to hit another player over basically nothing. Wow!

Will be interesting to see the "apology" from the mother. And if it's not sincere, which I doubt, what is the penalty?