Another school shooting

Fire drills require you to leave the building. That is wholly different than staying in your room.
LOL. So the best option for safety measure is what defines what is dumb or not? What about a tornado drill? You stay inside for those. Are those dumb too?

Fire drills require you to leave the building. That is wholly different than staying in your room.
You are failing badly today. Have another cup of coffee and try to wake your brain up. Both drills are to save lives. One is to get away from a deadly fire, the other is to prevent a deadly shooter from getting to you. Saving lives is the common denominator. Hope this helps.

Agreed. I won’t even need Kyles gun. Go ahead and give it a go.
Bring It Fight GIF by Idiocracy

yes. WHile your working on that solution, tell me your solution to prevent people from running over families watching parades with cars.
We already have laws that try to stop cars from running over pedestrians.

Kids can learn to communicate and understand with a mask on. Give them more credit than that. They are not a pet dog or cat. They can learn better in a classroom than online. Surely you are smart enough to know this or are you constantly drunk? Apparently there is some value in wearing a mask. Do you honestly think that the majority are opposed to wearing masks in certain situations? If you are opposed your kids wearing a mask in school, keeping them at home and let them learn online. I can do the same if I don't agree with the school's policies. I won't force you and you will not force me.
Not trying to be a jerk here Bob, have you even been in a school, during school hours and witnessed the “mask wearing”? It’s all a CYA thing for schools and health departments. The kids don’t wear the masks properly and the teachers are tired of enforcing. No one can come back in 10 years and sue someone successfully if they were attempting “best practices”.

The reason for all the “masking in schools keeps numbers low” only keeps numbers low because it makes it seem as though masks are working because the rules say I don’t have to quarantine if I have a mask on my chin. Watch a school bus when you pass one, kids are supposed to be wearing them on buses, they are, just not over their nose and mouth. I heard a story from an education buddy of a superintendent watching bus video to determine if a student was a close contact. The rule was 15 min next to each other. Well, that super timed the students in close proximity at 14 minutes and 30 seconds ?. Guess what, determined to NOT be a close contact because of 30 seconds. Just one example of humans playing with their own rules to suit their own outcomes. I’m sure there are countless other anecdotal evidence stories out there.

Not trying to be a jerk here Bob, have you even been in a school, during school hours and witnessed the “mask wearing”? It’s all a CYA thing for schools and health departments. The kids don’t wear the masks properly and the teachers are tired of enforcing. No one can come back in 10 years and sue someone successfully if they were attempting “best practices”.

The reason for all the “masking in schools keeps numbers low” only keeps numbers low because it makes it seem as though masks are working because the rules say I don’t have to quarantine if I have a mask on my chin. Watch a school bus when you pass one, kids are supposed to be wearing them on buses, they are, just not over their nose and mouth. I heard a story from an education buddy of a superintendent watching bus video to determine if a student was a close contact. The rule was 15 min next to each other. Well, that super timed the students in close proximity at 14 minutes and 30 seconds ?. Guess what, determined to NOT be a close contact because of 30 seconds. Just one example of humans playing with their own rules to suit their own outcomes. I’m sure there are countless other anecdotal evidence stories out there.
I think we all get the reason some schools are still doing this, whether you agree or not. I wish my kids no longer had to mask in school, but they'll live. The reason masks were brought into this discussion seemed to center around them being more detrimental to children than an active shooter. I agree with you that most younger kids don't wear them properly, and that teachers are likely over it as well, but IMO, it's not an apt comparison to kids getting shot in the hallway of their school.

And we have laws preventing people from murdering people. Thanks for teeing that one up.
Obviously not nearly as effective as the ones for mowing over people in cars given the numbers. Right back at you.

14 or 15 does not matter. Should the parents be charged if they knew he had that weapon outside the home? Do they have any legal culpability in this situation.? The kid claims it was his weapon? He certainly had possession of it for days.
What does it matter if it was given to him or not like a typical liberal you are going down a slippery slope. If I have a 15 year old and I teach him how to properly use a gun and tell him where the gun is in case of a home break in am I liable if he takes that gun to school and shoots someone ? Did the parents show bad judgement, yes but I highly doubt they gave their son a gun thinking he was going to shoot someone. We shouldn't be taking people to court over bad judgement or be judging intent.

You are failing badly today. Have another cup of coffee and try to wake your brain up. Both drills are to save lives. One is to get away from a deadly fire, the other is to prevent a deadly shooter from getting to you. Saving lives is the common denominator. Hope this helps.
His argument was asinine and I'm being kind.

I think we all get the reason some schools are still doing this, whether you agree or not. I wish my kids no longer had to mask in school, but they'll live. The reason masks were brought into this discussion seemed to center around them being more detrimental to children than an active shooter. I agree with you that most younger kids don't wear them properly, and that teachers are likely over it as well, but IMO, it's not an apt comparison to kids getting shot in the hallway of their school.
Certainly. I wasn’t attempting to conflate the two- obviously different.

However, just like you said “I agree that most younger don’t wear properly…” It’s not just the younger kids, sometimes they’re easier to enforce because they know no better. Middle school and up? At least 75% aren’t wearing properly for the majority of the day.

Not a one school in our county is having their children wear masks..and guess what? There;s no more Covid here than anywhere else in the state.

Keep being good little puppets and wear those masks, sheep.

However, just like you said “I agree that most younger don’t wear properly…” It’s not just the younger kids, sometimes they’re easier to enforce because they know no better. Middle school and up? At least 75% aren’t wearing properly for the majority of the day.
Fair enough. I don't doubt that. My oldest just entered Middle School. I guess I assume it isn't entirely better there either. He and his peers seem more concerned about fights and bathroom vaping hooligans anyway. Lol.

What does it matter if it was given to him or not like a typical liberal you are going down a slippery slope. If I have a 15 year old and I teach him how to properly use a gun and tell him where the gun is in case of a home break in am I liable if he takes that gun to school and shoots someone ? Did the parents show bad judgement, yes but I highly doubt they gave their son a gun thinking he was going to shoot someone. We shouldn't be taking people to court over bad judgement or be judging intent.
I really don't care about your slopes. We are not talking about a kid taking the gun from his parents behind their back. The evidence indicates that the gun was purchased for the kid and/or he was given unrestricted access to it. Assuming that is true, let me ask you this another way. In the eyes of the law, a 15 year old kid can not enter into a legal transaction to buy a gun. A BLM felon can not legally buy a gun. If I buy a gun and knowingly give possession of it to the BLM felon and he murders 4 MAGAs at a Trump rally, am I and should I be liable? If the answer is yes, why would I not be liable if I did the same thing to my 15 year old kid who murdered 4 school kids?

I'm pretty sure someone could kill someone with a skateboard

and there's more.....

It's exceedingly predictable that I'm now seeing ads for firearm safes in the middle of this thread feed. Lol. Let's hope they're big enough to hold skateboards.

and there's more.....
Sorry… Mr. Plum in the Library with a skateboard is not an option. A candlestick? Absolutely is feasible, Clue told me so…

This has been discussed ad naseum on the Rittenhouse thread. There are still a couple holdouts that believe they are Chuck Norris and no puny little skateboard is capable of harming them.
It was and we established that skateboards are deadly weapons. My question is if they both are, should they be treated equally in terms of access and liability?

It was and we established that skateboards are deadly weapons. My question is if they both are, should they be treated equally in terms of access and liability?
Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?

Maybe that’s why you’re struggling get an answer?

Our school district has a threshold policy that if that number is hit masking is reinstated. The grade schools and jr. high now must mask until the end of the year when the numbers will be revisited. The masks seem to be a minor annoyance more than anything else. Mostly the kids seem to be happy just to be back in school.
Kids don‘t care, only their MAGA parents care.

Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?

Maybe that’s why you’re struggling get an answer?
I have heard repeatedly on this board that guns don’t kill people any more than skateboards and hammers do. As such, if we don’t have access and liability laws for those, we should not have them for guns.

False! They care, hence when they are required to wear them, you see them as a cute little chin covering.
Your son cares because you have already made it clear that you are pushing your MAGA agenda on him. He is the kid at school that all the other kids whisper behind his back “there’s the psycho”.