Alter vs Clinton Massie

Congrats on floating a rumor that had zero truth to it. That's how you damage a person's reputation. Classy.

What person?

stripes lighten GIF

I'm gonna have to go with Alter in this one, Massie has been holding on to that undefeated record too long and I cant see them playing for a Regional Final game. Would love to see a Shawnee Massie Regional Final however.

Congrats on floating a rumor that had zero truth to it. That's how you damage a person's reputation. Classy.

Buddy, did I call out one singular person? “youthful making youthful decisions” doesn’t sound like a “persons reputation. But as always stay classy ol pal.

And also they were just rumors… as I originally stated in the post. There was no fiction to them. But anywho let’s go back to the game. Knights by a touchdown. 28-21.

You're telling me that in a game with 2 heavy run teams and two stout defenses that there will enough time for 58 points? Get your head out of the gutter man. Alter 17 Massie 10
No way there’s enough time in the game. The way massie runs the ball. The quarters will move so quickly. I agree low scoring game for sure.

No way there’s enough time in the game. The way massie runs the ball. The quarters will move so quickly. I agree low scoring game for sure.
If there are few punts , I can see it getting there. Each team should have at least 5-6 possessions even in a run heavy game. I am shooting for a bit lower myself but it is not out of the ball park. History would indicate that is close than what most of us are predicting.

If there are few punts , I can see it getting there. Each team should have at least 5-6 possessions even in a run heavy game. I am shooting for a bit lower myself but it is not out of the ball park. History would indicate that is close than what most of us are predicting.
but a few punts would mean less points i mean were talking 58 points @Casualobserver thats a lot for these two ground n pound teams

2020 the score was CM 42 Alter 32 basically the same offense run by both teams.
Alter was up and turned ball over then bobbled a punt on the 10 yard line in the last 3 minutes of the game. Was first game of the season for both teams.
What little I know about CM they appear to be the same with very little passing while Alter and their offense has become more dynamic as the season has progressed.
It will be a great game

I'll take Alter 31 CM 17

Could we consider this game as the final in the region? Shawnee and Wyoming are great in all, but I believe they stand little chance to CM and Alter. In my opinion this could be one of the games of the year, and next week should be scary for the victor of Shawnee and Wyoming.

Sure, keep thinking that.

Sure, keep thinking that.
There is a reason for brackets and seedings. some people over inflate the importance, historical frameworks, of certain matchups. Yep Alter/Massie fits that ticket but lost there is that Alter has had problems with Shawnee, in particular, in the tourney. Games are not often replays of whatever transpired years past. It's HS and rosters flip constantly. That said the tease is programs like Alter/Massie locking up then drawing a Hartley/Steubenville upstream...Could be exciting, sure, but the DIV heavyweight is clearly Glenville as things stand.. CAPE 2.0 for those with memory..

There is a reason for brackets and seedings. some people over inflate the importance, historical frameworks, of certain matchups. Yep Alter/Massie fits that ticket but lost there is that Alter has had problems with Shawnee, in particular, in the tourney. Games are not often replays of whatever transpired years past. It's HS and rosters flip constantly. That said the tease is programs like Alter/Massie locking up then drawing a Hartley/Steubenville upstream...Could be exciting, sure, but the DIV heavyweight is clearly Glenville as things stand.. CAPE 2.0 for those with memory..
My response was tongue in cheek....

Good post and agree. IMO, the four best teams in R16 are playing tonight. Ironically, Alter/Massie are similar to each other as are Wyoming/Shawnee. Seedings do funny things...

McNick fan and former football Dad here. My son in law was a Captain on a Massie State Championship team and I like to support my GCL Coed brethren so I will watch the game as a neutral observer. Just got my 2 tickets. Probably sit on the Massie side since there will be more room. Looking forward to a good game.

When you are wrong, you are just wrong. I was exactly that. Massie offered close to nothing in the first half. Knights led 21-0. Won 21-3. Onward for Alter.

I suspect Clinton Massie wasn't that good this year. Kind of an ugly win for Alter.

And that game WAS NOT the region 16 final.