All Sports Trophy... again

JediMaster, the?10, and Knock-em-out - Shut up and drink your juice boxes girls.

8-26allday, I would like to inform your dumb, stubborn --- that I am not a parent or athlete of one of your "juice box" sports. I have absolutely no direct relation to anyone who plays one of your "juice box" sports. In fact I played both football and basketball in high school. You are the one who clearly does not realize a thing, this forum was about how Mason has a chance to win the AST again and I'm not sure why you can't just be happy with that.

I am also wondering where is your information on why you think that your "big 3" sports are doing so terrible in Mason. I am also wondering who this "we" is that you are referring to that hates where these three programs are.

If you could answer these questions for me it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe then we can have an educated discussion until then all this bored will see are the constant facts that me and other posters have given and the childish whining about nothing.

JediMaster, the?10, and Knock-em-out - Shut up and drink your juice boxes girls.

How brave you are calling names and talking tough behind that "keyboard safe house". All that knowledge and bravery coming from someone who most likely never played a HS game in any of the 3 sports you post about. Those three sports should be better for a school the size of Mason but that doesn't make the success of the remaining 10+ sports any less impressive.

Any school would and should be proud to win the AST. It always means more to the winners and is insignificant to the losers (helps losers deal with failure and also keeps them from ever winning it too). Winners will want to win the AST and appreciate the significance of the award.

The football program seems to be heading in the right direction with the new coaching staff but still has a long way to go (time will tell).

Basketball I'm not quite sure about,it's been up and down since joining the GMC and will most likely be the case with status quo.

Baseball will remain average to above average in the GMC with an occasional run in the tournament but will never win a state title much less a GMC title with the current state of the program talent or no talent.

All three of the "big 3 sports" are competitive but are far from elite and don't measure up to the success of the remaining sports programs at Mason (if that's what your saying then I agree).

How brave you are calling names and talking tough behind that "keyboard safe house". All that knowledge and bravery coming from someone who most likely never played a HS game in any of the 3 sports you post about. Those three sports should be better for a school the size of Mason but that doesn't make the success of the remaining 10+ sports any less impressive.

Any school would and should be proud to win the AST. It always means more to the winners and is insignificant to the losers (helps losers deal with failure and also keeps them from ever winning it too). Winners will want to win the AST and appreciate the significance of the award.

The football program seems to be heading in the right direction with the new coaching staff but still has a long way to go (time will tell).

Basketball I'm not quite sure about,it's been up and down since joining the GMC and will most likely be the case with status quo.

Baseball will remain average to above average in the GMC with an occasional run in the tournament but will never win a state title much less a GMC title with the current state of the program talent or no talent.

All three of the "big 3 sports" are competitive but are far from elite and don't measure up to the success of the remaining sports programs at Mason (if that's what your saying then I agree).

Thanks for your agreement

The Big 3 sports have been below average to slightly above average at Mason with few exceptions since joining the GMC.

Any "sports trophy" awarded by a formula that weights boys volleyball, girls cross country and chess team results the same as the three major sports is flawed from the jump.

I was just looking at the AST scores and looks like Mason has won it for the forth straight time. Nice accomplishment and congrats to all the athletes that contributed to this success!

The Big 3 sports have been below average to slightly above average at Mason with few exceptions since joining the GMC.

Any "sports trophy" awarded by a formula that weights boys volleyball, girls cross country and chess team results the same as the three major sports is flawed from the jump.

Maybe football will be better this year if we can keep the players away from the high school staff on the weekends....

Looks like Mason baseball has contributed the least amount of points to the AST for the last 2 years (excluding Volleyball and Boys Bowling). :confused:

The football program seems to be improving (still has a ways to go; but is heading in the right direction it seems) and baseball has been declining (with the exception of last years tournament run) since joining the GMC. :eek:

With all the athletes leaving the baseball program by choosing other sports, going to other schools to play, losing interest in the game, quiting, and just plain not coming out for the baseball program; it's not a surprise. :shrug:

Like someone else said in another thread Mason has the talent but team chemistry is almost none existent and we all know who's ultimately responsible for that! :wallbang:

Looks like it's time to take the path that the football program has taken. I think it's time for an updated coaching staff that can bring renewed life to Mason baseball; leadership that teaches the mental aspect of the game (the most important part) that can relate to the players, coaches that believe in their players and players that believe in their coaches, and most importantly stop baseball players from losing interest in playing the game (the ultimate failure). When this happens (with the talent that Mason has), players will start having fun again, confidence will rise, they will then reach their potential, and then Mason will become a dominate force in baseball and the GMC. :hello:

But hey. if you're happy with just being competitive, never winning a GMC title, going to the regional finals once every 20 years, and watching frustrated athletes try to overcome a dysfunctional situation; then do nothing. :Ohno:
Thank goodness for summer ball and a short HS baseball season because most mental damage that is done (loss of confidence) can and will be overcome due to a short season/other opportunities! :thumb:

Looks like Mason baseball has contributed the least amount of points to the AST for the last 2 years (excluding Volleyball and Boys Bowling). :confused:

The football program seems to be improving (still has a ways to go; but is heading in the right direction it seems) and baseball has been declining (with the exception of last years tournament run) since joining the GMC. :eek:

With all the athletes leaving the baseball program by choosing other sports, going to other schools to play, losing interest in the game, quiting, and just plain not coming out for the baseball program; it's not a surprise. :shrug:

Like someone else said in another thread Mason has the talent but team chemistry is almost none existent and we all know who's ultimately responsible for that! :wallbang:

Looks like it's time to take the path that the football program has taken. I think it's time for an updated coaching staff that can bring renewed life to Mason baseball; leadership that teaches the mental aspect of the game (the most important part) that can relate to the players, coaches that believe in their players and players that believe in their coaches, and most importantly stop baseball players from losing interest in playing the game (the ultimate failure). When this happens (with the talent that Mason has), players will start having fun again, confidence will rise, they will then reach their potential, and then Mason will become a dominate force in baseball and the GMC. :hello:

But hey. if you're happy with just being competitive, never winning a GMC title, going to the regional finals once every 20 years, and watching frustrated athletes try to overcome a dysfunctional situation; then do nothing. :Ohno:
Thank goodness for summer ball and a short HS baseball season because most mental damage that is done (loss of confidence) can and will be overcome due to a short season/other opportunities! :thumb:
For football, we'll find out this year if the slightly improved results from last season were a mirage or not. We couldn't even manage to finish above .500 in a year where we didn't have to play Colerain. Clearly there were distractions (both parental and extracurricular) that contributed to the results being below the hype.

For football, we'll find out this year if the slightly improved results from last season were a mirage or not. We couldn't even manage to finish above .500 in a year where we didn't have to play Colerain. Clearly there were distractions (both parental and extracurricular) that contributed to the results being below the hype.

Regarding football, I agree time will tell; but regardless, there was improvement and considering the past few years that's a good thing!

Actually, Mason exceeded expectations...the GMC coaches picked Mason to finish dead last last year and they finished 4th.
http://www.pulsejournal.com/sports/high-school-sports/gmc-team-by-team-football-previews-868648.html

Any "hype" may have been anticipation due to there being a new coach and kids getting excited about the program again...there's bound to be some buzz in a situation such as that. Mason previously had a total of 6 GMC wins in three years, three wins in the first year.

Actually, Mason exceeded expectations...the GMC coaches picked Mason to finish dead last last year and they finished 4th.
http://www.pulsejournal.com/sports/high-school-sports/gmc-team-by-team-football-previews-868648.html

Any "hype" may have been anticipation due to there being a new coach and kids getting excited about the program again...there's bound to be some buzz in a situation such as that. Mason previously had a total of 6 GMC wins in three years, three wins in the first year.

You are correct MC; can't take anything away from last years team IMO.
A noticeable improvement indeed; hope they can keep moving in the right direction! :thumb:

The team may have exceeded the expectations of the other coaches in the GMC, but they underperformed relative to the hype generated from within and outside the program. If we still can't finish above .500 in a year when we didn't even have to play Colerain, we're still firmly seated as bottom-half dwellers in the GMC.

How many idiot parents took to forums like Yappi declaring that victories and playoffs were in the making? And the various "flame" wars with posters from other schools hiding behind anonymous screen names and false bravado? Embarrassing to say the least.