All public state champs are open enrollment schools?

Ohiofootball76

Does anyone find this interesting? I know there is always a huge debate about Private-Public but is there really much difference?

Winton Woods 64
Chardon 0
The other four are between 1 and 9 for their CB numbers. Winton Woods is operating like a private. The others are not.
Operating like a private lol no some of the inner city schools in Cincinnati have too many issues with safety being 1 of them & teachers having to police the classroom instead of teaching. But I get it most ppl want the kids to attend a struggling school system and be in an environment that doesn't allow them to develop into good students.

As long as public schools are mandated to educate everyone who walks through their doors, it is not the same. there are a certain number of kids who do not come to school, behave, or try in any way. These kids are never eligible to play any sports. But they stay on the public counts because they have to. Private schools do not have those kids. They wouldn't let them in, (although most of the time they don't apply...these problems begin at home)
It has always been my argument that the fairest way to equalize the private school advantage was to compare eligible students, not all students. Most privates counts would remain the same, while the public schools would not be hindered by the kid who is technically enrolled, but won't even show up for school.

Winton Woods 64
Chardon 0
The other four are between 1 and 9 for their CB numbers. Winton Woods is operating like a private. The others are not.
This is kinda dumb.

A school district can choose to be open enrollment or not be OE.
If a district is not OE it’s because
THEY CHOSE NOT to be OE.

Thus the CLOSED enrollment district operates more like a private because they don’t take OE kids.
Just like a private doesn’t take everyone.

Winton Woods will take any warm body they can get.
It sure as hell isn’t about sports lol.

This is kinda dumb.

A school district can choose to be open enrollment or not be OE.
If a district is not OE it’s because
THEY CHOSE NOT to be OE.

Thus the CLOSED enrollment district operates more like a private because they don’t take OE kids.
Just like a private doesn’t take everyone.

Winton Woods will take any warm body they can get.
It sure as hell isn’t about sports lol.
Apparently you aren’t familiar with how competitive balance numbers are formulated. It’s all about the sport

Apparently you aren’t familiar with how competitive balance numbers are formulated. It’s all about the sport
Would you prefer the kids to go to a school where the teachers have to police the classroom instead of teaching? We've had multiple gun threats, fights Withrow and Taft had to change the day & time of their game to Saturday afternoon because both neighborhoods were going through a gang war where 4 TEENAGERS END UP DEAD FROM GUNSHOTS.

Only the closed enrollment schools are at a disadvantage.
Any public school district that feels that this is a significant disadvantage-- and wants to remedy it-- is ALWAYS free to convert to open enrollment at ANY time. NO ONE is stopping any public school from doing that-- if a high quality, closed enrollment school is ever foolish enough to prioritize athletic success over maintaining control over who attends school in the district.

Would you prefer the kids to go to a school where the teachers have to police the classroom instead of teaching? We've had multiple gun threats, fights Withrow and Taft had to change the day & time of their game to Saturday afternoon because both neighborhoods were going through a gang war where 4 TEENAGERS END UP DEAD FROM GUNSHOTS.
It’s not no gang war downtown and Evanston jus had a beef let’s not put extras on it no different than WW and Princeton

Winton Woods 64
Chardon 0
Most of the kids that come aren’t in sports. They are just trying to get out of where they are at, like you were kinda saying.

It’s not no gang war downtown and Evanston jus had a beef let’s not put extras on it no different than WW and Princeton
Yea kid those kids who got killed 2 in Avondale 1 Downtown & 1 in Northside all were apart of what you call beefs. My homie works for URBAN LEAGUE they show up to every murder scene. I just don't talk to talk. Hence the reason they canceled a youth football game as well. I happen to live right around the corner from the where the kid got shot in the head in broad daylight. Who lost their life in the WW vs Princeton beef?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4GX
Too many posters can’t understand that a lot of private school kids are born into the same school that the dads went to. The local district never had a chance with them. Other kids are born into Catholic grade schools and will continue that through high school. Lastly, you don’t have to be Catholic to go to a private school but you will get a a Catholic school education along the way and learn some solid morals and principles along the way.

Carey doesnt have 1 player that didnt grow up in our district, for the record. To pretend that every public open enrollment school is doing what the privates do is laughable.
Don't they get about 1/3 or more of Vanlue kids to open enroll? Maybe they all start their in Kindergarten. Quite possible none of them play football. This is not a shot at them I honestly don't know the answers.

Yea kid those kids who got killed 2 in Avondale 1 Downtown & 1 in Northside all were apart of what you call beefs. My homie works for URBAN LEAGUE they show up to every murder scene. I just don't talk to talk. Hence the reason they canceled a youth football game as well. I happen to live right around the corner from the where the kid got shot in the head in broad daylight. Who lost their life in the WW vs Princeton beef?
It ain’t no gang war ppl get killed all the time and there’s a reason Princeton and WW didn’t play for years whether someone died or not. And I’m outside I know wats goin on in the streets ion gotta hear it from nobody else. My point is it ain’t no gang war u putting too much on it

2 kids got killed on the west side recently west high aint cancel nothin, is that a gang war no it go lik that sometimes

Tell
Tell me the names of the gangs that’s beefing if it’s a gang war? U can’t