All MAC D IV State Volleyball Championship Up Next....New Knoxville vs. St. Henry

Please explain to me how a official, who was AD at NK can be a down official for NK state semi state final. He could not do a different game? This doesn’t seem right?

Please explain to me how a official, who was AD at NK can be a down official for NK state semi state final. He could not do a different game? This doesn’t seem right?
“Was an AD”. They aren’t currently. I doubt they can screen every ref like they do a jury. Or need to.

I think the guy should have removed himself from the assignment, basically a no win situation. His former team wins and he is called a favorite, he makes some calls that go against his old team and he is bending over backwards to appear neutral.

As for judgment calls the down ref probably has the fewest, their primary job is managing the court; communicating with the table and the coaches. Probably his biggest judgment calls is in/under the net, they also make the call on being out of rotation when receiving serves.

I always find it odd when two teams from the same league play each other in the state championship. St. Henry and New Knoxville are 25 miles apart?? How does this happen, or does the state work around this to try to create a better matchup later in the tournament?