all city

rakoczy will too. and lets keep in mind that the CHL had an immense amount of talent last year, with Dan Ibarra, Zach Winters, Nate Bascom, Ian Templeton, Matt Ellsworth, Josh Greene, David Kreihbiel, Jose Combs, Hansey (forget first name sorry), Jeff Smoker, Vasilis Vasilakis, Finneytowns #7 and #8, and those are just form the big 3 teams and not even all the good players on each team. Last year's CHL was unreal.

agreed. The CHL was absolutely loaded last year.

I doubt all those people from Ftown will get All city? I believe smoker and maybe schultz will get some sort of all city, The other two will prolly only get all chl. No one from the 11-2-2 Reading team?

Who does reading play outside of the CHL that is a quality team and im pretty sure thats where all of their losses and ties come from. and from what ive heard both of their league ties (wyoming and finneytown) they were both 1-1 ties with readings goal coming off of a penalty kick.

Reading played several quality teams. They beat New Miami when they were both undefeated, I thought they tied Maderia and I think they beat wyoming. The mariemont game was a joke - can't get a good referee at reading fields... even if you paid them - the line judge referee was running down the sidelines pulling up his drawers- he was that bad. Didn't see the indian hill game, but heard it was sad - reading just did not come to play.. and the Finneytown from what I read above - is sour grapes... regardless of why they tied... there were still 80 minutes of unanswered goals from Finneytown... it was a very evenly matched game - and Finneytown lost their cool and clocked someone in the head in the box... to keep him from scoring. The Penalty kick was a good one to be called on, it was not a give me....

From what I saw from him this year, Clay deserves all-city. I heard he is a ranked goalie - going into the season? But, I think depending on how far Reading goes in post-season. Which I am not saying should be considered until after the first 2.. and on... I would think he has a good chance. He is outstanding.

Reading tied wyoming on a very touchy call inside the box, while wyoming led for the last 5 minutes of the first half and all of the second half until the call with under two minutes left. wyoming dominated the game with more opportunities but couldnt capitalize and reading had very ferw shots from 20 yards and in.

Pitch fork, Reading did not even play new miami this year, they did however play little miami. The freshman nelson is a goalie, and is very talented, but I dont know about all city possibly all CHL though, since besides smoker I have not seen or heard abotu any other goalies from the CHL(dont really know much about this years goalies so dont go crazy if Im wrong like everyone on here likes to do)

All City

Grothaus: Great player w/ out question & deserves honors. Understands the game & strategy as well as anyone
Tommy George..... the person who needs & deserves the most accolades.
Tyler Huerkamp...like a thief in the night....can score at will.
Milfords defense......2 years in a row have graduated some of the best in class yet each year the new kids step up. This Milford team is not about one stud like many GCL teams especially in the land of "purple".....never has been nor will be. :hello:

hey what does everyone think of robert taylor, craig cantor, and alec gates goin all city. they were prolly a huge part in turpins success during the season. they didn't produce agains WW but they didnt have any luck on there side that night and WW played a really good game. Post any comments about thes three people

Luke Spencer of WW. Went all city last year. Better stats on a better team this year. Definitely deserves all city again.

What # is Luke Spencer? I don't remember anyone that was that much of a dominant force when we played WW.

#2 I believe. I wan't at the WW milford game so i don't know how he played but he was on a mission against Turpin and I hope that carries over into this Milford game.

John Zelek and Ryan Brinn should be first team all city from Indian Hill..they led IH to a share of the CHL crown for the first time in years

Grothaus: Great player w/ out question & deserves honors. Understands the game & strategy as well as anyone
Milfords defense......2 years in a row have graduated some of the best in class yet each year the new kids step up. This Milford team is not about one stud like many GCL teams especially in the land of "purple".....never has been nor will be. :hello:

And you had to quote Elder why? I don't think they have 50 goals on the season for no reason. I know Meyer didn't score 50. They have 3 of the top 8 point leaders in the GCL(12 teams). I'd say that is pretty good. Not only that, they have a payer who has 2nd most assists in the city and a keeper tied for most shutouts in the city(Unless you count the Mason keepers together). So they must have at least a decent defense. So I don't believe they are about one stud. He is definitely a go to man that produces. So I'll say Meyer(F) and Corbett(M) from Elder with Hurley(GK) and Bertke(D) as maybe's.

I agree with Grothaus and possibly Huerkamp, but I'm not sure if George will get it yet this year.

And you will get ragged on for your comment about Elder here, but i agree with that statement as well. They will try and name off a list of other players they have, but everybody knows they are a 1 man show.

I can't believe i actually agree with Radar here. Don't know what this world is coming to haha.

Yeah, Tommy George doesn't deserve all-city. He makes small mental mistakes(I believe it was the Princeton game where he completely messed up on a free kick), and was only outstanding the second half of the season. Ryan Grothaus is in my opinion the one from Milford to go All-city.

#2 I believe. I wan't at the WW milford game so i don't know how he played but he was on a mission against Turpin and I hope that carries over into this Milford game.

I wasn't bashing on him, from what I hear he is a pretty good player. I just don't remember him when we played WW. We'll see how things go Saturday.

Grothaus, Huerkamp, and the defender who wears #2 should all get
consideration. Michelson might get a look. Is it true that Milford has 8 or 9 Juniors starting on it ? Also I've heard that they are all finally healthy, seems that every game some key player was out with an injury. Of course they were all healthy against Loveland and lost at home so go WW.

Grothaus, Huerkamp, and the defender who wears #2 should all get
consideration. Michelson might get a look. Is it true that Milford has 8 or 9 Juniors starting on it ? Also I've heard that they are all finally healthy, seems that every game some key player was out with an injury. Of course they were all healthy against Loveland and lost at home so go WW.

Let's see.. Tyler Huerkamp, Nathan Hudson, Ben Jones, Ryan Grothaus, Peter Michelson, Danny Haberer are they typical starting Juniors. So 6, the rest are all seniors. Brady was the only key player that was injured that I know of. We're pumped for the game Saturday, sure WW will be also. Should be an exciting game.

Sportsguy Has Seen the Light

I agree with Grothaus and possibly Huerkamp, but I'm not sure if George will get it yet this year.

And you will get ragged on for your comment about Elder here, but i agree with that statement as well. They will try and name off a list of other players they have, but everybody knows they are a 1 man show.

I can't believe i actually agree with Radar here. Don't know what this world is coming to haha.

Hey now...Sportsguy finally drank the purple Kool Aid & has come full circle. Nothing like a new believer!!!!! Jump on the bandwagon!!:cool: