Alabama vs. Florida football... GO!

Neither Arkansas nor Kentucky finished the season ranked.

Kentucky was ranked #17 when LSU lost to them. But as I said they lost the week before and the two weeks after they beat LSU. So what does that say about how good they really were?

It says that the sec is tough.....

thats about it.

I would say a BAD team would be let's say hmmm....MIAMI

Oklahoma ROMPED em 51-13
VT 44-14
UVA 48-0

Kentucky or ARK wasn't beaten THAT badly by any opponent.

Especially opponents who lost to: Colorado, Wyoming, NC State, and a OVERRATED BC team.

I could understand your argument had ARK and KY been beaten by BAD teams. but they weren't. They were inched out by rivals, and other SEC schools...

ARK had 5 losses. 4 of which were to teams that were ranked at the time of the game (KY, AU, TN, Mizzou)

KY had losses to #6 South Carolina, #12 Florida, #10 UGA, and UT (#2 in the SEC)

How could you discredit either of those teams, considering they play tougher schedules than 99% of teams outside of the SEC.

Let's compare two top dogs and their schedules shall we

UGA vs. OSU

UGA schedule this year
South carolina
AZ ST
Alabama
Tenn
LSU
FL
KY
Auburn

OSU schedule
USC
Michigan
PSU (decent)
Illinois (overrated)
Wisconsin

There isn't a conference in the nation, top to bottom, that can compete. and that is the bottom line.

So you mean to tell me that if LSU lost to only UGA and FL this year, that they wouldnt be able to compete with anyone else in the nation???

or if FL only lost to LSU and UGA.

Come on man. a 2 loss team in the sec is no worse than an undefeated team from the big 10, pac 10, or any other conference for that matter.

You honestly think that UGA last year couldn't have dismantled OSU, USC, Mich, or even WVU?

How were they on a roll?

They lost to a 6-loss South Carolina team by 2 touchdowns the week before!

Then they lost two right after beating LSU.

These were their wins prior to the LSU game:

Eastern Kentucky (non-1A)
Kent State (3-9)
Louisville (6-6
Arkansas (8-5)
FAU (8-5)

Then they lost to 6-6 South Carolina before beating LSU.

First off you kept shooting down my argument. So why are you using it now?

My point is Dade teams only play Dade teams so their records won't look sexy.

You are saying that playing an SEC school automatically makes them a tough opponent.

Not the same.

I never said another conference was tougher than the SEC.

You are just making stuff up now.

Actually they were playing a 4-1 USC team moron.

a team who ended up with 6 losses on the year correct.

But who were the losses to?

LSU (national champs) 12-2 (both losses to SEC schools)
TN (SEC runner up) 10-4 (2 losses to SEC schools)
Clemson (rival game) 9-4 (1 loss to an SEC school)
ARK (SEC) 8-5 (4 losses in the SEC)
Vanderbilt (fluke loss) 5-7 (6 sec losses)
FL (SEC POWERHOUSE) 9-4 (3 sec losses)

South Carolina was ranked #6 when they faced kentucky. again. NICE TRY

out of 26 losses, 18 of them to SEC schools.

First off you kept shooting down my argument. So why are you using it now?

My point is Dade teams only play Dade teams so their records won't look sexy.

You are saying that playing an SEC school automatically makes them a tough opponent.

Not the same.

I never said another conference was tougher than the SEC.

You are just making stuff up now.

and actually what I am saying is the SEC teams may not have a record that looks as sexy as say a big 12, big 10, acc, or pac 10 school, but it doesnt mean they wont hurt any one of those conferences, given the opportunity to play them..

There isnt a conference out there who could list 6 teams that would compete and have a record above .500 in ANY conference.

I could list 6 from the SEC

LSU, UGA, UF, TN, AU, SC, and possibly AL this year.

It says that the sec is tough.....

thats about it.

I would say a BAD team would be let's say hmmm....MIAMI

Oklahoma ROMPED em 51-13
VT 44-14
UVA 48-0

Kentucky or ARK wasn't beaten THAT badly by any opponent.

Especially opponents who lost to: Colorado, Wyoming, NC State, and a OVERRATED BC team.

I could understand your argument had ARK and KY been beaten by BAD teams. but they weren't. They were inched out by rivals, and other SEC schools...

ARK had 5 losses. 4 of which were to teams that were ranked at the time of the game (KY, AU, TN, Mizzou)

KY had losses to #6 South Carolina, #12 Florida, #10 UGA, and UT (#2 in the SEC)

How could you discredit either of those teams, considering they play tougher schedules than 99% of teams outside of the SEC.

Let's compare two top dogs and their schedules shall we

UGA vs. OSU

UGA schedule this year
South carolina
AZ ST
Alabama
Tenn
LSU
FL
KY
Auburn

OSU schedule
USC
Michigan
PSU (decent)
Illinois (overrated)
Wisconsin

There isn't a conference in the nation, top to bottom, that can compete. and that is the bottom line.

So you mean to tell me that if LSU lost to only UGA and FL this year, that they wouldnt be able to compete with anyone else in the nation???

or if FL only lost to LSU and UGA.

Come on man. a 2 loss team in the sec is no worse than an undefeated team from the big 10, pac 10, or any other conference for that matter.

You honestly think that UGA last year couldn't have dismantled OSU, USC, Mich, or even WVU?

What in the world does a 5-7 Miami team have to do with this?

The first sign of a bad argument is one in which you need to change the subject.

The 2007 Miami team was in no way, shape or form a contender for the national championship. So them losing by huge margins to a few teams is irrelevant.

LSU wants to be called national champions with that resume? Please.

Inched out?

Arkansas lost to Missouri by 31 points. They lost to Tennessee by 3 touchdowns.

Kentucky lost to a 6-6 team by 15 points. They lost to Mississippi State by 17. Georgia by 11.

None of those games were within one score.

Not to mention their razor thin victory over a depleted FSU team.

No. You are pulling things out of your --- again.

I'm saying a two-loss team shouldn't win a national championship. Nowhere did I say they "couldn't compete" with other top teams.

You are misunderstanding me again.

Any 2-loss SEC team is no worse than undefeated teams from other conferences?

What in world is wrong with you? Do you make any sense ever?

Actually they were playing a 4-1 USC team moron.

a team who ended up with 6 losses on the year correct.

But who were the losses to?

LSU (national champs) 12-2 (both losses to SEC schools)
TN (SEC runner up) 10-4 (2 losses to SEC schools)
Clemson (rival game) 9-4 (1 loss to an SEC school)
ARK (SEC) 8-5 (4 losses in the SEC)
Vanderbilt (fluke loss) 5-7 (6 sec losses)
FL (SEC POWERHOUSE) 9-4 (3 sec losses)

South Carolina was ranked #6 when they faced kentucky. again. NICE TRY

out of 26 losses, 18 of them to SEC schools.

Who cares what their record was at the time? They beat UL-Lafayette (3-9) and South Carolina State (non-1A).

South Carolina was a 6-6 team. They weren't very good. Them being 4-1 at the time means that they went 1-5 after beating Kentucky.

Newsflash: When you play a team early in the season the chances are they will have a sexy record given that BCS teams often play scrubs in pre-conference play.

Another newsflash....

When a conference (SEC) plays very few tough OOC opponents they will usually have MOST of their losses to fellow SEC schools.

Duh.

Florida an SEC powerhouse? Didn't they lose to the Michigan team you are so fond of bashing?

and actually what I am saying is the SEC teams may not have a record that looks as sexy as say a big 12, big 10, acc, or pac 10 school, but it doesnt mean they wont hurt any one of those conferences, given the opportunity to play them..

There isnt a conference out there who could list 6 teams that would compete and have a record above .500 in ANY conference.

I could list 6 from the SEC

LSU, UGA, UF, TN, AU, SC, and possibly AL this year.

South Carolina?

These were their OOC games last year:

UL-Lafayette (3-9) W 28-14
South Carolina State (non-1A) W 38-3
North Carolina (4-8) W 21-15
Clemson (9-4) L 23-21

They lost to the only OOC team they played with a winning record. And they didn't win very convincingly against two weak teams.

What makes you think they'll be better?

Alabama?

They lost to Florida State (7-6) and Louisiana-Monroe (6-6).

UL-Monroe barely had a winning record in the Sun Belt!

Florida State was 4-4 in the ACC.

Yet somehow Alabama might be able to have a winning record in any conference?

Based on what?

South Carolina?

These were their OOC games last year:

UL-Lafayette (3-9) W 28-14
South Carolina State (non-1A) W 38-3
North Carolina (4-8) W 21-15
Clemson (9-4) L 23-21

They lost to the only OOC team they played with a winning record. And they didn't win very convincingly against two weak teams.

What makes you think they'll be better?

Alabama?

They lost to Florida State (7-6) and Louisiana-Monroe (6-6).

UL-Monroe barely had a winning record in the Sun Belt!

Florida State was 4-4 in the ACC.

Yet somehow Alabama might be able to have a winning record in any conference?

Based on what?

Tennessee last year would have had a tough go in the pac10.

LSU wants to be called national champions with that resume? Please.

LSU wants nothing...They won two title games no matter what your ignorant opinion is...

Miami with all that South Florida "talent" can't even win the ACC and you wanna talk about an SEC team...Please is right..

Get off this site....

LSU wants nothing...They won two title games no matter what your ignorant opinion is...

Miami with all that South Florida "talent" can't even win the ACC and you wanna talk about an SEC team...Please is right..

Get off this site....

My position is far from ignorant.

It demonstrates your incompetence that all you can respond with is that I'm ignorant and that Miami sucks.

Dodge, deflect, change subject.

That's the cajun way.

2003: Losing to a 5-loss team by 12 points....
2007: Losing twice to 5-loss teams, including the last one at home.....

Somehow to call those the worst teams in the 10 years of the BCS is ignorant, despite not a single plausible argument to the contrary.

Get off this site? Please. I'm not going anywhere. I'm destroying you. It's not even funny.

Get off this site? Please. I'm not going anywhere. I'm destroying you. It's not even funny.

Only in your mind...

Wake us up when you and Miami become relevant....

North Carolina 33
Miami 22

----, McNeese State, LA(1-AA) plays North Carolina this year and will probably do better than that...

Worry about your OWN team instead of belittling other teams accomplishments...Of course after reading some of the Florida forums where your "opinion" is splattered everywhere that will be tough for you...

Who cares what their record was at the time? They beat UL-Lafayette (3-9) and South Carolina State (non-1A).

South Carolina was a 6-6 team. They weren't very good. Them being 4-1 at the time means that they went 1-5 after beating Kentucky.

Newsflash: When you play a team early in the season the chances are they will have a sexy record given that BCS teams often play scrubs in pre-conference play.

Another newsflash....

When a conference (SEC) plays very few tough OOC opponents they will usually have MOST of their losses to fellow SEC schools.

Duh.

Florida an SEC powerhouse? Didn't they lose to the Michigan team you are so fond of bashing?

hahahahaha SEC doesn't play tough OOC teams??

FSU, Clemson, AZ St, Louisville, Hawaii, Cal, West Virginia, Wake, Texas.

How can you say that the SEC doesn't go out and get opponents.

Granted I don't think Hawaii or Louisville will be that tough this year, and FSU wasn't at their best last year, BUT.

When the games were scheduled two years before, the teams were in good years.

As far as you not thinking FL is an SEC powerhouse, well that stupidity speaks for itself moron.

Is that why people are saying that the NOV 1st matchup with UGA will be #1 vs. #2? And others are saying the winner of the SEC EAST (either UF or UGA) will be in the national championship???

That remark was probably the funniest I have ever seen, and if you knew much of ANYTHING about college football, you wouldn't have even uttered that statement, Florida an SEC powerhouse? lol

when was i ever fond of bashing michigan????

Last edited:
USA is going to be in the Sun Belt right? I look forward to future whippings administered by FAU.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

kind of like FAU has beat up on Troy right???

FAU won last year 38-32

Troy won in 2006 24-17

Troy in 05 28-14

Troy doesn't seem to have a problem getting athletes to come, considering they have played against UGA, FL, FSU, Gt, OK ST, and competed in ALL those games...

They scored more points against FL than LSU, AU, FSU, and TN did.

guess what. Troy is further inland than South is, what makes you think that South won't get good recruits???

I'm tired from a long flight home.

All I can say is that you should be banished or vacate the board on your volition based on those silly things you said about Prattville.

They couldn't play at the big boy table.

Done.

I'm tired from a long flight home.

All I can say is that you should be banished or vacate the board on your volition based on those silly things you said about Prattville.

They couldn't play at the big boy table.

Done.

couldn't play at the big boy table??

are you simple?? you act as if they were badly beaten

If I recall they held X to less than 15 yards on the ground in 20+ attempts, and were beaten by a score midway through the 4th qtr.

Let's see how MNW does against poly their before you start saying prattville cant play at the big boy table.

couldn't play at the big boy table??

are you simple?? you act as if they were badly beaten

If I recall they held X to less than 15 yards on the ground in 20+ attempts, and were beaten by a score midway through the 4th qtr.

Let's see how MNW does against poly their before you start saying prattville cant play at the big boy table.

Are you serious? You and your troop of buffoons inundated this board for weeks about great Prattville was and how fast and talented they were.

And now you take solace in a moral victory?

I'm not a Northwestern fan. So I'm not all that concerned about them losing to Poly.

Are you serious? You and your troop of buffoons inundated this board for weeks about great Prattville was and how fast and talented they were.

I'm not a Northwestern fan. So I'm not all that concerned about them losing to Poly.

And you say because Prattville was beaten 15-10 that they aren't a good team and that they are a joke???

Are you SERIOUS???

you probably didn't even watch that game, because if you did, you would know that Prattville is every bit as fast as we said they were, and they were just as talented as we said they were..

And MNW showed the country just what i have said

FL 6A ball is WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Im sure you are concerned, your a BIG florida homer like no other...

Speed wont win you games in Ohio D1, if that was the case Glenville would win the state title every year... Same could be said for Colerain. A great defense will shut down any team will great speed here in Ohio.

Just ask X, Prattville had all the speed in the world and couldnt do anything with it because the way X's D played...

And you say because Prattville was beaten 15-10 that they aren't a good team and that they are a joke???

Are you SERIOUS???

you probably didn't even watch that game, because if you did, you would know that Prattville is every bit as fast as we said they were, and they were just as talented as we said they were..

And MNW showed the country just what i have said

FL 6A ball is WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can say that again!!!

[/B]

Actually, Im sure you are concerned, your a BIG florida homer like no other...

Speed wont win you games in Ohio D1, if that was the case Glenville would win the state title every year... Same could be said for Colerain. A great defense will shut down any team will great speed here in Ohio.

Just ask X, Prattville had all the speed in the world and couldnt do anything with it because the way X's D played...

Not concerned.

Yes, a Florida fan to the end, but not concerned with what was a preseason game for one of our good but not great teams.

I don't what you are trying to say about speed. I can assure you that speed alone doesn't win much down here either. Northwester and Washington had more than just speed last year.

Not concerned.

Yes, a Florida fan to the end, but not concerned with what was a preseason game for one of our good but not great teams.

I don't what you are trying to say about speed. I can assure you that speed alone doesn't win much down here either. Northwester and Washington had more than just speed last year.

6A was just talking about how big and fast Prattville were and I was just stating speed wont win you games here in Ohio. Thats all I was stating... Nothing more.

We agree on something... :eek:

Thats a first...

but the difference between you and i is that I didn't come out here and say they were better than everyone else.

I also never GUARANTEED a victory, and said that it would be a CLOSE game.

So how is ANYTHING I said before the game incorrect?

I said that Prattville was fast......That is Correct

I said it would be a close game.....that was correct.

I said that Prattville has been smaller than opponents (o-line vs. d-line) but quicker.....still correct.....

X fans and anyone who was at the game could concur that Prattville's defense is FAST and their flow on the field is extraoordinary.

but the difference between you and i is that I didn't come out here and say they were better than everyone else.

I also never GUARANTEED a victory, and said that it would be a CLOSE game.

So how is ANYTHING I said before the game incorrect?

I said that Prattville was fast......That is Correct

I said it would be a close game.....that was correct.

I said that Prattville has been smaller than opponents (o-line vs. d-line) but quicker.....still correct.....

X fans and anyone who was at the game could concur that Prattville's defense is FAST and their flow on the field is extraoordinary.

I know you never guaranteed a W but your other buddies from Prattville did. Hense the reason they are no longer around. They were predicting a blow out. Come on now, Ohio football is not a push over. No way X was getting blown out in that game. There D is way to good. I also never said any of the info you provided was incorrect.

I was just stating a team can have all the speed in the world and that doesnt mean they are going to win here in Ohio...

I was at the game. Your D was fast and good. One of the best I have seen.

A couple of recent scores.

Mosley (FL) 56
Jeff Davis (AL) 31

Fort Walton Beach (FL) 31
Sparkman (AL) 14

Congrats, the last time Prattvile played JD it was 62-0.

As for Sparkman, LOL they are a joke....they also finished 3-7 last year....

WOW you are really beefing up that tough OOS schedule for the FL teams huh CANES????

Does it burn you that we still have a 10 win advantage against the state of FL???

Congrats, the last time Prattvile played JD it was 62-0.

As for Sparkman, LOL they are a joke....they also finished 3-7 last year....

WOW you are really beefing up that tough OOS schedule for the FL teams huh CANES????

Does it burn you that we still have a 10 win advantage against the state of FL???

Insecure much?

I posted these scores simply because they're the only FL-AL matchups that I know of so far.

4A Mosley (4-6) non-playoff team.
4A Fort Walton Beach (7-3) lost by 25 in first round.

So a 4-6 Florida team beat a 3-6 Alabama team by 25 points.

Sounds good to me.

Insecure much?

I posted these scores simply because they're the only FL-AL matchups that I know of so far.

4A Mosley (4-6) non-playoff team.
4A Fort Walton Beach (7-3) lost by 25 in first round.

So a 4-6 Florida team beat a 3-6 Alabama team by 25 points.

Sounds good to me.

They were also DEMOLISHED by a 5a AL team Carver (Montgomery,AL) 50-7, who also finished 3-6 last year, and Stanhope Elmore 42-14........

Doesn't take much to beat them, that would be like you bragging if Foley (AL) beat Goleman

They were also DEMOLISHED by a 5a AL team Carver (Montgomery,AL) 50-7, who also finished 3-6 last year, and Stanhope Elmore 42-14........

Doesn't take much to beat them, that would be like you bragging if Foley (AL) beat Goleman

That would be a first.

An Alabama team actually playing a Florida team from south of St. Augustine.

That would be a first.

An Alabama team actually playing a Florida team from south of St. Augustine.

It's called a comparison.....

Doesn't mean the teams will actually play...I am just pointing out that your teams you pointed out isn't a very good view of AL football..

There are 64 teams in 6A....JD is currently at #62 and Sparkman is at #35

Sparkman's only win is against a 1-3 Decatur team, and they beat them by one point.....

Again, those two teams, JD and Sparkman would be compared to Cypress Creek and Jupiter.