ABJ - Akron's top quarterbacks - 10 to watch

BS. The question is whether those fans would go to a game between two teams with whom they have no affiliation or rooting interest just to watch a specific player. They wouldn't.
How many fans saying they would do such a thing would be a sufficient sample size?

I'll be at the week 1 game between Lake and Alliance to watch D1 commit Brendan Zurbrugg, and then I'll be hitting a Canton South PAC-7 game later in the season to watch D1 commit Poochie Snyder. No affiliation or rooting interest in any of these teams.

Hopefully Stevie diamond have a good year he is a good quarterback he got a d1 to Marshall just junior he also help Buchtel win state champ in basketball.

Not that I expect you to have followed my posts, but I'm with you on that. IDGAF about college offers. It's just that offers or interest is a convenient (if lazy) way to get a rough assessment of outside evaluation.

There might be 50 "good high school QBs" playing this year. But -- sad to say -- being a good high school QB does not in and of itself merit attention.
Ok, I get it now and understand why, when you came back into the Yappi fold there were several members making surprised comments.

But in my very brief interaction here, you are very contradictory in almost every statement. The article is Akron's top 10 to watch. You take it to 2-3 in Ohio. You say "IDGAF about college offers", but all of your arguments are based upon them.

You're a pot-stirrer. Cool. You be you brother. It's what drives conversation and if you have the time to spend, God love ya.

This thread reads like a Massillon thread 😱 Hoban is playing a transformed DB. The ABJ editors are love with Hoban. STVM have two legit QB’s and a stable of 6-4 plus WR. WJ also has a solid QB. Look forward to the 2023 season.

This thread reads like a Massillon thread 😱 Hoban is playing a transformed DB. The ABJ editors are love with Hoban. STVM have two legit QB’s and a stable of 6-4 plus WR. WJ also has a solid QB. Look forward to the 2023 season.
Everyone loves a winner. Didn't the 2 big WR's transfer from Hoban to St V? Probably because they didn't have a legit QB I would imagine.

Top prospects are based off of what these writers are hearing. I am going to side more with Oil on this one. QB is the most difficult position to play and there just are not a lot of great prospects out there that are considered "Ones to Watch". It doesn't mean that they are not solid and do what they are asked of for their team to be successful. Guess it depends upon what your idea of prospect is. A prospect is a college-type player, D1 pretty mcuh. Does it mean the rest are run of the mill players, not at all. Size, speed arm strength and many more come into play as well. Arbitrary ideals and talents come into play. I have seen some awfully good high school players that are offensive or defensive linemen, but because they are 6'1" tall, they never got a whiff of a recruiter. Same with some excellent Qbs that had more running-style offenses, it was what they were in. Does it mean they couldn't pan out possibly? No, but to say that I could look around the Akron area and find, what I would consider PROSPECTS, Nah. In the state of Ohio, I could venture there might be 20-30 out there, but it is so driven by the coach's style of play, many probably don't get the looks or publicity. In my opinion, way TOO MUCH emphasis is placed on who's being recruited by what college rather than how good they are and how much better do they make the other players around them. THAT is how I judge a PROSPECT. DO they make the other players around them better and do the little things necessary to make the other players around them WANT to do better for them?
Now, you two make up and go out to dinner. sleepover is optional.

Top prospects are based off of what these writers are hearing. I am going to side more with Oil on this one. QB is the most difficult position to play and there just are not a lot of great prospects out there that are considered "Ones to Watch". It doesn't mean that they are not solid and do what they are asked of for their team to be successful. Guess it depends upon what your idea of prospect is. A prospect is a college-type player, D1 pretty mcuh. Does it mean the rest are run of the mill players, not at all. Size, speed arm strength and many more come into play as well. Arbitrary ideals and talents come into play. I have seen some awfully good high school players that are offensive or defensive linemen, but because they are 6'1" tall, they never got a whiff of a recruiter. Same with some excellent Qbs that had more running-style offenses, it was what they were in. Does it mean they couldn't pan out possibly? No, but to say that I could look around the Akron area and find, what I would consider PROSPECTS, Nah. In the state of Ohio, I could venture there might be 20-30 out there, but it is so driven by the coach's style of play, many probably don't get the looks or publicity. In my opinion, way TOO MUCH emphasis is placed on who's being recruited by what college rather than how good they are and how much better do they make the other players around them. THAT is how I judge a PROSPECT. DO they make the other players around them better and do the little things necessary to make the other players around them WANT to do better for them?
Sleepover mandatory. Unless Oil snores, which I'm guessing to be true...

My curiosity is getting the best of me. First, do you think the newspapers will eventually go out of business??? If so, how many years before they're pretty much gone???
It can't happen soon enough. A Howard Johnson's on the New York Thruway with a malfunctioning toilet, boiled hot dogs, moldy hamburger buns, and weeds all over the landscaping is better than the pathetic newspaper "industry."

Just bury the sad bas*ards.

I'm not sure most of Akron will get it, however. You all tolerate an erector set of a highway system but as long as HOBAN wins......your community falling apart doesn't matter.

If 'Dre Knott is down with that.... you're good. 'Cuz he sucks up to Jose Ramirez and he's gonna rag on the Manchester guy Zac Jackson while spewing some St. V and Cleveland Meatballs (I mean Browns) bovine scat (that's BS to youse in Norton).

Ignore that 'Dre went to St. V, the McDonald's golden (arches) rival of HOBAN. This is Summit County bragging rights. Don't economically team up with Cleveland to make the region better....nah....this is AKRON....like anyone in Texas gives a damn.

Akron folks should be flooding ODOT with WTF questions and comments about the perpetual erector set aka highway construction in your city. When will that construction get done? When Chris Christie gets down to 150 pounds?

Your mayor Horrible Horrigan is such a clown he should be named Bobo, the I Promise School produces lower IQ people than triple maskers walking through Acme Fresh Market, and Swenson's has lost its swag.

At least WNIR keeps the Akron boomers entertained.

Last edited:
How many fans saying they would do such a thing would be a sufficient sample size?

I'll be at the week 1 game between Lake and Alliance to watch D1 commit Brendan Zurbrugg, and then I'll be hitting a Canton South PAC-7 game later in the season to watch D1 commit Poochie Snyder. No affiliation or rooting interest in any of these teams.
You actually make an important point here. Many here want to say you need to go to this school or that school to get a scholarship. Yet we have Zurbrugg going to Oklahoma from off the beaten path Alliance.
If you can play they'll find you.