A 64 College Football Team Tournament - Simulation

Fun exercise at any level. But honestly, I think the only major difference between running 64 and say 8 would be something you can't simulate: injuries.

Fun exercise at any level. But honestly, I think the only major difference between running 64 and say 8 would be something you can't simulate: injuries.

I’ve mocked a 64 team tournament for NCAA a couple times now. Teams play a 10-game regular season (2 non conference- for most). The two teams making the title game played one more game than they do now. I’d have to dig it out if you have more questions. I will say it’s been pretty interesting seeing some of the match-ups along the way. For those that still clamor for the original bowls, the early rounds can be your smaller bowl games leading to your traditional big bowl games (Fiesta, Orange, Rose, Sugar) as the Final Eight teams.

Adding teams just waters it down. No one watches the regular season in most sports since it’s meaningless besides college football

I’ve mocked a 64 team tournament for NCAA a couple times now. Teams play a 10-game regular season (2 non conference- for most). The two teams making the title game played one more game than they do now. I’d have to dig it out if you have more questions. I will say it’s been pretty interesting seeing some of the match-ups along the way. For those that still clamor for the original bowls, the early rounds can be your smaller bowl games leading to your traditional big bowl games (Fiesta, Orange, Rose, Sugar) as the Final Eight teams.

Be interesting to see one season of your simulation.