8 Texas high school football players hospitalized

did coach Gregg have those types of workouts?
We had some crazy ones, 400 push-ups in a hour doesn't seem to bad, unless there were some crazy rules like: all perfect or starting over if someone screws up. We had to start over if not everyone finish conditioning in certain times for certain position groups. As in that rep did not count and so on, only time I threw up was when we had to a 30-minute lifting circuit without a resting and these circuits were led by a coach one on one.

When I was a kid we had to do 500 in the frozen mud with a small cow standing on our back... no milk until you're done!

• Haha
Reactions: LCL
We had some crazy ones, 400 push-ups in a hour doesn't seem to bad, unless there were some crazy rules like: all perfect or starting over if someone screws up. We had to start over if not everyone finish conditioning in certain times for certain position groups. As in that rep did not count and so on, only time I threw up was when we had to a 30-minute lifting circuit without a resting and these circuits were led by a coach one on one.
400 push ups in an hour is 6.6 a push up a minute.

The only conditioning that I remember being a pain in the butt was this exercise where the entire team would lineup shoulder to shoulder across the field. The coach gave us 2 whistle commands. On the first whistle we'd do an up-down, on the second whe would sprint ten yards to the next line on the field. If any of us did up-down before the whistle or ran on the first whistle we'd start over. One practice we got 70 yards down the field and a kid messed up. We started all over. Needless to say none of us messed up the drill again.

But 400 push-ups in an hour kinda makes the coach seem crazy. What does he expect the kids to do? Move the Earth?