700 WLW

I agree they are quite a pair together. SEG has seen a lot over the years. Not bad for a high school grad (Colerain HS) without a college degree. Just goes to show if you work your but off and get a break here and there anything is possible.

FYI -- Trumpy gave Bill (SEG) Denison his nickname. Trumpy was amused by SEG's 5h1t eating grin.
I have heard Seg talk about being an NKU alum.

from McConnell this morning...Oakland has a rash of restaurants that are closing, mainly due to staffing and theft. A tactic some are using is closing the dining room and doing only drive thru only. After the segment, Mike says, that's what you get when you defund the police.

from McConnell this morning...Oakland has a rash of restaurants that are closing, mainly due to staffing and theft. A tactic some are using is closing the dining room and doing only drive thru only. After the segment, Mike says, that's what you get when you defund the police.
TA DA !

That's not just Oakland...I've seen it in central Ohio due to staffing.

That's not just Oakland...I've seen it in central Ohio due to staffing.
Oh it's nationwide, he just had Oakland as an example. I honestly don't know how some of these fast food restaurants stay in business. If you pay attention, there are many who don't have many customers, even at peak times. I've often said we need about a 10-15% closeure rate for industry and that would do a couple of things. One it would put some competition in the marketplace where employees would feel a need to show up and do a relatively good job to stay employed. That in turn would push labor rates down. We're overpaying bad employees for just being a worker.

Oh it's nationwide, he just had Oakland as an example. I honestly don't know how some of these fast food restaurants stay in business. If you pay attention, there are many who don't have many customers, even at peak times. I've often said we need about a 10-15% closeure rate for industry and that would do a couple of things. One it would put some competition in the marketplace where employees would feel a need to show up and do a relatively good job to stay employed. That in turn would push labor rates down. We're overpaying bad employees for just being a worker.
I’ll give you credit for consistency: You are consistently anti-worker/anti-labor on here.

I’ll give you credit for consistency: You are consistently anti-worker/anti-labor on here.
Not at all. I'm for the good worker, the guy/ gal that shows up everyday and puts in a days work. We've got so far away from that many don't even realize it.

the Larry Kidd for congress commercial with a drill instructor may be one of the most annoying of all time. need Burbank back to do the exploding election commercials. Mike M said he wouldn't take someone else's gig. :(

the Larry Kidd for congress commercial with a drill instructor may be one of the most annoying of all time. need Burbank back to do the exploding election commercials. Mike M said he wouldn't take someone else's gig. :(
The fact that you remember the name of the candidate just goes to show you that the commercial worked. Guess we'll see if Kidd wins.

Gary Burbank was my guy!!! Every weekday 300-6. We don't , We don't mess around!

Wouldn't you like to drive my labor rate down so you can purchase my product cheaper? I think he has a great idea, let's get everyone to earn less, except for our jobs, and we will have reestablished our purchasing power via deflation.

Wouldn't you like to drive my labor rate down so you can purchase my product cheaper? I think he has a great idea, let's get everyone to earn less, except for our jobs, and we will have reestablished our purchasing power via deflation.
Missing the point completely, we are just speeding the process of a society where it will be critical to have some kind of major skill to earn a living. Because you see what happens, if you continue to artificially raise labor costs by rasing the wages for jobs that don't require it, eventually the business will automate that job and there will no longer be a job there. Look at many of the large stores, self check outs. If you can't get people do a simple job like a grocery store checkout person unless they are unioninzing and getting $25 an hour with great benefits, then when does it stop? Business just puts in self check outs, they pay for themselves in a few weeks/ months and they never call in sick. You hire a few folks who oversee 8-10 checkout stations and boom, large savings to the business and many people out of work.
It's so weird to me that we have a society that wants to get paid alot of money, yet they want to go get supplies on the cheap?? How does that work in your minds?

Onto more important subjects, today kicks off another year of Brennaman and Jones on baseball. Every Mon-Fri former Red Tracy Jones joins hall of fame and retired broadcaster Marty Brennaman to talk Reds and other stuff. I'm shocked the station hasn't gone to them and see if they'd want to do a 1/2 hour, hour weekly show.

Missing the point completely, we are just speeding the process of a society where it will be critical to have some kind of major skill to earn a living. Because you see what happens, if you continue to artificially raise labor costs by rasing the wages for jobs that don't require it, eventually the business will automate that job and there will no longer be a job there. Look at many of the large stores, self check outs. If you can't get people do a simple job like a grocery store checkout person unless they are unioninzing and getting $25 an hour with great benefits, then when does it stop? Business just puts in self check outs, they pay for themselves in a few weeks/ months and they never call in sick. You hire a few folks who oversee 8-10 checkout stations and boom, large savings to the business and many people out of work.
It's so weird to me that we have a society that wants to get paid alot of money, yet they want to go get supplies on the cheap?? How does that work in your minds?
I fully understand your point, I just do not think it would work out the way you predict. Not saying I'm entirely correct. What would be wrong with a society where nearly all work was done by automated machinery? The government would send each person a check for basic needs, and they would provide healthcare ( medishare) ,education (edushare), housing (climacare), clothing (ramientcare), food (calshare)and transportation (rideshare). These systems would work together and people would be assigned by their ability to help in each segment of society. The end result would be a great work/life balance with most people reaching retirement by 40 .

Those numbers on a paycheck are just some arbitrary value that does not correspond the same over time. Fast food workers should be getting 20-30/hr in this economy. There are plenty of $50-$80 /hr jobs out there if you want to go to grad school or be self employed to get one. A CPA often starts at six figures today and a PA or DR will be 1.5 or 2 times that number. So why not pay the ambitious fast food worker who lacks the raw mental talent 40-50k to do work that few people enjoy? Prices get too high other low or mid level earners will stop frequenting their locations and prices will level off.

I fully understand your point, I just do not think it would work out the way you predict. Not saying I'm entirely correct. What would be wrong with a society where nearly all work was done by automated machinery? The government would send each person a check for basic needs, and they would provide healthcare ( medishare) ,education (edushare), housing (climacare), clothing (ramientcare), food (calshare)and transportation (rideshare). These systems would work together and people would be assigned by their ability to help in each segment of society. The end result would be a great work/life balance with most people reaching retirement by 40 .

Those numbers on a paycheck are just some arbitrary value that does not correspond the same over time. Fast food workers should be getting 20-30/hr in this economy. There are plenty of $50-$80 /hr jobs out there if you want to go to grad school or be self employed to get one. A CPA often starts at six figures today and a PA or DR will be 1.5 or 2 times that number. So why not pay the ambitious fast food worker who lacks the raw mental talent 40-50k to do work that few people enjoy? Prices get too high other low or mid level earners will stop frequenting their locations and prices will level off.
Yes, there of course is going to be a supply and demand factor. I think we see that now. Because there are too many jobs out there and not enough good workers, employers have to be willing to overpay for jobs or they won't have any employees. Do we hear anymore about there not being any jobs out there? That used to the rallying cry of the libs. Of course now it's that there isn't enough high paying jobs. Well you can't have everything. And weather a doctor, lawyer, CPA or fast food worker, there has to always be something more than money that gets you out of bed in the morning to go to work.