7 on 7 at Wapak

I went and I thought it was a real quality 7 on 7. Of course St. Clair and Montgomery looked like Ohio State recruits. I thought Kaleb Moyer for Wapak looked really good. He threw 2 picks I think but he’s young and I think he had some pretty spectacular throws. I doubt Wapak will pass this year, but Moyer looked real good. I thought Shelby’s QB looked good today too. All the defenses really got picked apart but it’s the first 7 on 7 of the offseason so not really surprising.

St. Clair was the best QB there and it really wasn’t that close. Stunning to see how much he’s developed in 6 months or so. Chiefs went 3-0 and I believe they were only stopped on one single possession.

St. Clair was the best QB there and it really wasn’t that close. Stunning to see how much he’s developed in 6 months or so. Chiefs went 3-0 and I believe they were only stopped on one single possession.
I agree that St. Clair is the better QB and it seems Ohio State agrees but saying “it wasn’t close” is pretty disrespectful to Montgomery. He had a pretty bad pick where he tried forcing a pass into triple coverage but he had some pretty nice throws too and I think he overall did really well. Definitely a Power 5 QB in college

I’m not sure I would make the same assessment after one 7 on 7? Montgomery has a very strong arm and showcased it on some nice out routes, he also had really nice touch on his long balls. St Clair also has a very strong arm, and seemed to process the short routes and underneath stuff really well. Once again, 7on 7 is designed to showcase the offensive and I think it did that for both of them. That being said I thought Moyer held his own and looked pretty decent for a Sophomore. #85 for Wapak certainly passes the eye test, big, can run and seemed to have good hands. I think he is only a Junior. I also thought the Shelby QB looked decent and seemed to be a pretty good DB as well. It looks like St Clair and Moyer have plenty of athletes to get the ball to as well.

Enjoyed some Spring 7on7 last night at Wapakoneta. 4 schools participated. Findlay, Shelby, and Bellefontaine joined Wapak in a Spring Spectacular. Was treated to some very good QB action with Tavien St Clair who was recently offered by Ohio State and Ryan Montgomery, another Ohio State offered recruit, put on a passing clinic last night both showing why they are being recruited by D1. Wapaks QB, Caleb Moyer and Shelby's QB (unsure of his name) played well too. The timing was a little off with their receivers but both squads show promise. Overall, glad I went and watched these 4 schools play. I now know I have several teams I want to check out this upcoming season

This post may look strange in its format, but thats because I actually wrote this in another thread before I saw this thread. I just copied and pasted this and deleted from the other

whatever happened to the manchild that Wapak had a few years ago that had the THOR look? long hair... and i think he was a hellva wrestler too?
I think I remember a kid being described like that. 🤔

As a side bar, that is lawyer speak for...a side bar. What happened to the green house south of town?

I think I remember a kid being described like that. 🤔

As a side bar, that is lawyer speak for...a side bar. What happened to the green house south of town?
Evan Kaeck was the running back and wrestler and the green house was hit by the tornado that went through wapak about a month ago damaged several businesses.

I agree that St. Clair is the better QB and it seems Ohio State agrees but saying “it wasn’t close” is pretty disrespectful to Montgomery. He had a pretty bad pick where he tried forcing a pass into triple coverage but he had some pretty nice throws too and I think he overall did really well. Definitely a Power 5 QB in college
How did Beach look kicking

How did Beach look kicking
He was consistent up to 45 yards, made some from 50 but missed several as well, don’t think he made anything from deeper. All of his kickoffs were deep into the end zone. Didn’t see him punt, he definitely has a D1 leg!

How tall is St Clair? Does he have much mobility?

How tall is St Clair? Does he have much mobility?
He’s at least 6’3”, seemed like he towered over most of his team the other day.

In terms of mobility, he’s no Dezmin Lyburtus but he can run. Not to compare this kid to one of the top QBs to ever play, but his play style and upward trajectory throughout high school reminds me a lot of CJ Stroud. They are both methodical, accurate passers with big enough arms and solid mobility.

In terms of mobility, he’s no Dezmin Lyburtus but he can run. Not to compare this kid to one of the top QBs to ever play, but his play style and upward trajectory throughout high school reminds me a lot of CJ Stroud. They are both methodical, accurate passers with big enough arms and solid mobility.
Lyburtus was a really good QB for Belle. I think he even led the team one year in rushing... Of course when I hear the name Lyburtus, I think of the RB from the early 90's and what a gift that young man was. I see St. Clair as an upper echelon Pocket passer, though he is deceptively quick with some speed to run when he has to, he is good with time on target, reads the field well, does not put himself in a no win situation and will push to gain on the next down without messing up the current down and his arm is incredible. Watching the kid on the sideline, he seems locked into his defense and what the other offense is doing, appears to be a team player. This kid seems as much a student of the game as he is a gifted athlete and QB and that is only my observation from the stands 40 yards away. And he is a Junior this year...more the better.

Thank you. Just wished he played against better competition. Probably explains his lower ranking.

Thank you. Just wished he played against better competition. Probably explains his lower ranking.
Wrong. He’s “ranked lower” (20th or in the country) because the rankings aren’t an exact science following someone’s sophomore season. He will be a top 5 ranked QB when the sites update for summer and his “lower competition” won’t matter.

Wrong. He’s “ranked lower” (20th or in the country) because the rankings aren’t an exact science following someone’s sophomore season. He will be a top 5 ranked QB when the sites update for summer and his “lower competition” won’t matter.
It’s definitely a factor, don’t get so offended lol. Smaller school kids usually transfer to larger schools because larger schools get more exposure. That’s just how it is.

However, St. Clair has significantly improved over the past year and the rankings are just lagging behind on his progress. Like you said, once the rankings are updated he’ll be much higher. But if he went to a bigger school he would definitely be ranked higher as well.

St Clair was ranked 14th in the nation by 247 before the Ohio State offer. He was just offered by LSU and Alabama yesterday. Montgomery is really good, but he was also propelled by his brother who is now a Buckeye.

It’s definitely a factor, don’t get so offended lol. Smaller school kids usually transfer to larger schools because larger schools get more exposure. That’s just how it is.

However, St. Clair has significantly improved over the past year and the rankings are just lagging behind on his progress. Like you said, once the rankings are updated he’ll be much higher. But if he went to a bigger school he would definitely be ranked higher as well.
Agreed, just look at the RB from West Holmes who transferred to Pick North. Thankfully Ohio has started implementing some form of spring ball now so hopefully these players get noticed more.