5th Division Coming ???

What if the new division is for the super big schools? I’ve heard that rumor before. There is a large disparity between a small D1 and the biggest schools so a major big school division would make sense
As someone said above.....there are only like 70 super big schools. Not sure it would be a great tournament.

Most small privates aren’t putting their operational income (tuition) into athletics to begin with. Mine doesn’t. So, “financially positive” is neither here nor there — and it’s also irrelevant to whether or not athletics are a positive to a school (hint: they are.)
Point being that SOME privates generate beneficial funds from their athletics, while many have a negative affect on the financial purse of the school.

Kids should or could be allowed to attend a private school but still play sports at their school of residence. I can support the private school education and still feel that kids can do sports and plays in their home district.
So the kid at Middletown Christian that is 5’6 and would be cut from the Middies reserves should not have any place to play high school basketball?

So the kid at Middletown Christian that is 5’6 and would be cut from the Middies reserves should not have any place to play high school basketball?
Gym class. Intramurals. Y League. Why should every 5'6 kid that is bad at basketball have a place to play for a high school team. Should every adult be allowed to call themselves doctor, lawyer, pilot, policeman, fireman?

Gym class. Intramurals. Y League. Why should every 5'6 kid that is bad at basketball have a place to play for a high school team. Should every adult be allowed to call themselves doctor, lawyer, pilot, policeman, fireman?
Those kids won’t be held back by where they live or go to school. In fact they can search to find a school that will take them and train them to be a doctor or lawyer or whatever. All these kids are doing is finding a school where they can play high school ball. Who are they hurting?

Those kids won’t be held back by where they live or go to school. In fact they can search to find a school that will take them and train them to be a doctor or lawyer or whatever. All these kids are doing is finding a school where they can play high school ball. Who are they hurting?
Not everyone gets everything they want without work and competition.

Seems to me the kid going to MC has found a place to get exactly those things. Work and competition.
I view it as the kid is going to MC to avoid work and competition. Different way to see it. I suppose it is nice to have options when you have plenty of excuses.

The schools for Docs and Lawyers argument is ridiculous…those schools are very competitive..not everyone gets in…you have to be good enough…sports are the same…not everybody gets a trophy….not everyone makes the team…you can come and interview at my company…and if you are not good enough or a fit I won’t hire you…that is how things work…why just 5 divisions? Why not 7 like football (which is ridiculous)..why not 10? Every school can win a state title! I know nothing and could care less about MC. That said even if you are a small private and have a decent athletic program good kids will come…especially if you have a good coach.

It wasn’t an argument any doctor or lawyer school. It was a point that not everyone gets to be what they want without lots of effort.

Kids get cut every year. Should we start creating private schools to provide a team to every kid cut in every sport?
Of course not but if it's an option for someone I have no problem with that. Not sure why you are so hung up on it.

Not everyone gets everything they want without work and competition.

This is no longer politically correct. Entitlement is the new standard. Everyone gets to have whatever the other guy has. Working for it no longer applies. I think a previous President called it “sharing the wealth.”

I view it as the kid is going to MC to avoid work and competition. Different way to see it. I suppose it is nice to have options when you have plenty of excuses.
Saying kids that go to private schools should have to play sports at a public school is one of the worst takes on this site in a long time. At a time where kids are struggling mentally worse than ever and need community badly, you think we should cut opportunities.

Color me shocked that contrarian rhetoric of “let’s have less kids play high school sports” is being seriously suggested on a high school sports forum in 2023.
That logic is flawed…regardless of how many divisions there are, there are a finite number of high schools…a finite number of teams in every sport. The only way to get more kids to play would be to expand the number of players on each team…so, are we advocating for 30 players on a high school basketball team? Nobody wants less kids participating but there are limited opportunities in every sport. I am certain that if a student auditioned for the lead in the high school musical but couldn’t sing a lick they would not get the role. If everyone can have anything they want then I am going out on the PGA Champions Tour..I am sure they wouldn’t mind a 13 handicapper slapping it all over the lot 🤣

I’m All for 5 divisions. There’s 7 in football and there’s less football teams then basketball teams in Ohio

Saying kids that go to private schools should have to play sports at a public school is one of the worst takes on this site in a long time. At a time where kids are struggling mentally worse than ever and need community badly, you think we should cut opportunities.
That is not even close to what was being said. You may be worse then I thought.

That is not even close to what was being said. You may be worse then I thought.
I'm worse than you thought, not then.

You said above "I feel a private school could be like a vocational or trade/tech school for HS kids. They can attend class but their extra curricular action is with their school of residence." Next I say that is a bad idea because it will eliminate opportunities for some kids and you respond by saying that isn't what you said and I'm awful. 🤣 🤣 🤣

I'm worse than you thought, not then.

You said above "I feel a private school could be like a vocational or trade/tech school for HS kids. They can attend class but their extra curricular action is with their school of residence." Next I say that is a bad idea because it will eliminate opportunities for some kids and you respond by saying that isn't what you said and I'm awful. 🤣 🤣 🤣
I apologize. My talk to text was in "don't give a shat mode".

You are spinning it that I said where they must play. I'm saying a kid attending a private school could be allowed to play for his school of residence. I have known parents who want their kids to receive a private education but have no problems with their local school teams, music dept or drama clubs. That would be more options from my view. In the area that I live there are 4 private schools within aprox a 30 minute drive. Also inside that area there are 14 public schools. In an average year if you attend a basketball game of the private schools you could have 300 fans on a good night. If two of the private schools play each other it could be 150. If two of the public teams play it is likely to be closer to 800 on average and over 1000 on a good night.