(5) Versailles vs (1) Taft

We're spoiled with some great third round matchups in SW Ohio. Taft should definitely be able to keep this one competitive but I'm going with Versailles:

Versailles 21
Taft 13

Did Versailles destroy the ability of Carlisle to run the ball? Was wondering about how they did last week if Taft runs the triple a well.

Did Versailles destroy the ability of Carlisle to run the ball? Was wondering about how they did last week if Taft runs the triple a well.
Early on Carlisle was successful at running the ball and getting some 1st downs. 1st drive stalled out by inches after a 4th down play. Another drive early in the game was stall by tip pass getting intercepted.
After half time, Versailles's D tackles and Ends were controlling the line and disrupting Carlisle's scheme.

Early on Carlisle was successful at running the ball and getting some 1st downs. 1st drive stalled out by inches after a 4th down play. Another drive early in the game was stall by tip pass getting intercepted.
After half time, Versailles's D tackles and Ends were controlling the line and disrupting Carlisle's scheme.
Carlisle aint Taft.

Tigers had a fine season but it will be time to break out the high top sneakers and get ready for hoops action.

After seeing some film Taft is big and talented, should be a great match up Saturday night. Game plans and adjustments along with how Versailles can keep fresh legs on defense will be key. Offensively I think we can move the ball on Taft, be nice to score early and make Taft play from behind so they can't just grind the clock out on us.

After seeing some film Taft is big and talented, should be a great match up Saturday night. Game plans and adjustments along with how Versailles can keep fresh legs on defense will be key. Offensively I think we can move the ball on Taft, be nice to score early and make Taft play from behind so they can't just grind the clock out on us.
i think you are giving up 54 yards rushing a game.... what type of OFF does Taft use?

I was there as well. Below I posted the link to the game. I’m curious to know the time of possession for this game.
Taft dominated TOP but not sure that is enough of a reason to say they dominated the game. We likely just have different definitions of what it means to dominate the game.

I watched some of it also.....I can agree with Taft scoring 21, but I dont see Versailles scoring 45. If both teams are running the ball, I dont think there is enough time for Versailles to score 45.
I will be happy if it is one more score than Taft!
Versailles's lineman can't be driven off the ball like S. S.
I hoping Versailles's two big wrestlers on the offensive and defensive line dominate along with the other quick linemen.

I watched some of it also.....I can agree with Taft scoring 21, but I dont see Versailles scoring 45. If both teams are running the ball, I dont think there is enough time for Versailles to score 45.
I hoping Versailles's two big wrestlers on the offensive and defensive line dominate along with the other quick linemen.
just a feeling they will...

I'll be on the sidelines for this game and am interested to see how this plays out. Things I'm looking for
1. Who is able to control the trenches
2. What kind of creativity will two teams that like to run the ball a whole lot come up with to keep the opposing defense honest or hit a game changing play?
3. The MAC brand of smash-mouth football versus Taft's speed/athleticism. This is not to say Versailles doesn't have athletes OR that Taft can't be tough as I've seem some try to frame it as, for whatever reason (trying to motivate Versailles I guess?).

I'll be on the sidelines for this game and am interested to see how this plays out. Things I'm looking for
2. What kind of creativity will two teams that like to run the ball a whole lot come up with to keep the opposing defense honest or hit a game changing play?
3. The MAC brand of smash-mouth football versus Taft's speed/athleticism. This is not to say Versailles doesn't have athletes OR that Taft can't be tough as I've seem some try to frame it as, for whatever reason (trying to motivate Versailles I guess?).
That is what will be the Tigers downfall. The lack of athletic ability will be on display on the turf this weekend. IF it was at Hole field, some extra water on the field, smell of freshly spread manure as the Senators come into town then MAYBE Versailles would have a fighters chance.

As a side-note: Versailles has a pretty cool little concert venue that they get some fantastic older acts! Check em out at BMI https://www.bmikarts.com/Concert-Events

That is what will be the Tigers downfall. The lack of athletic ability will be on display on the turf this weekend. IF it was at Hole field, some extra water on the field, smell of freshly spread manure as the Senators come into town then MAYBE Versailles would have a fighters chance.

As a side-note: Versailles has a pretty cool little concert venue that they get some fantastic older acts! Check em out at BMI https://www.bmikarts.com/Concert-Events
The sarcasm font is still clearly on and thick. ???

I coached in the same League as Taft for 7 years and we have tried to introduce the sport of wrestling to them as well!
IMO if some of their big men wrestled their Line would be a wrecking crew!!!!

I coached in the same League as Taft for 7 years and we have tried to introduce the sport of wrestling to them as well!
IMO if some of their big men wrestled their Line would be a wrecking crew!!!!
Wrastling really. Wonder how Marion Local, Saint Henry can compete with V and Coldwater ( both with wrastling ) and the Flyers, Redskins have no wrastling. Do they teach blocking and tackling in wrastling.

3. The MAC brand of smash-mouth football versus Taft's speed/athleticism. This is not to say Versailles doesn't have athletes OR that Taft can't be tough as I've seem some try to frame it as, for whatever reason (trying to motivate Versailles I guess?)

Taft's offense reminds me of the type of smash mouth football we ran back in the day. I love it!

Wrastling really. Wonder how Marion Local, Saint Henry can compete with V and Coldwater ( both with wrastling ) and the Flyers, Redskins have no wrastling. Do they teach blocking and tackling in wrastling.
GIF by Entertainment Tonight