23/24 CHL Baseball thread

Reading is the surprise imo.

1-7 over all. Granted two 2 run losses and two 1 run losses
it looks like the league will come down to IH vs. Wyoming at the end of the year... those should be fun to watch. Reading is a huge surprise, but they can still turn things around, although it looks unlikely that they will have a shot at winning the league with 2 CHL losses now.

Reading’s season has been a real surprise so far. They lost a couple really good players from last year but the drop off has been much more than expected.
Wyoming beat them again on Wednesday 11-3. The Cowboys lost Senior Aiden Pippin for the season due to injury. They will miss his bat in the lineup. He was an RBI machine and his BA was near the top of the league.
Right now, it looks to be a 2 dog race with IH and Wyoming. IH is better top to bottom and will most likely win the league again this year.

Reading’s season has been a real surprise so far. They lost a couple really good players from last year but the drop off has been much more than expected.
Wyoming beat them again on Wednesday 11-3. The Cowboys lost Senior Aiden Pippin for the season due to injury. They will miss his bat in the lineup. He was an RBI machine and his BA was near the top of the league.
Right now, it looks to be a 2 dog race with IH and Wyoming. IH is better top to bottom and will most likely win the league again this year.
I agree I did not think this years Reading team would be sitting at 2-10 and at the bottom of the CHL standings.
Looks like both FT games were postponed b/c of weather. and they still have DP twice. their matchups w/taylor on paper should be good games as well. Connor Davis hasnt pitched yet this year (i am assuming injured?) and his offensive #'s arent where they were last year I am sure thats hurting them.

A big surprise for Taylor has been Senior Jaylen Howard He is hitting .462 !

that was DP's 1st win over Wyoming in baseball since 2017! that right there is why you play the game!

that was DP's 1st win over Wyoming in baseball since 2017! that right there is why you play the game!
Wonder what the vibe was in the Wyoming locker room after that LOL.

The randomness of baseball is what makes it fun to watch imo. A guy can be a sub .200 hitter and just have a game where he throws the bat out and ends up 3-3 and he's the reason you win.

Wonder what the vibe was in the Wyoming locker room after that LOL.

The randomness of baseball is what makes it fun to watch imo. A guy can be a sub .200 hitter and just have a game where he throws the bat out and ends up 3-3 and he's the reason you win.
LOL i mean Wyoming WAS 11-0 and actually ranked in PBR top power 25 rankings for all of D1-4 . not sure they will be next week or not.

With the season winding down, anyone have predictions for POY? Stevens from wyo and Rinala from IH are probably the two most likely, but I could see it being someone else as well. Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the IH Wyoming series this week

With the season winding down, anyone have predictions for POY? Stevens from wyo and Rinala from IH are probably the two most likely, but I could see it being someone else as well. Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the IH Wyoming series this week
Its Rinala IMO. maybe stevens steals a vote.

Stevens .567 , 2 HR , 16 RBI , 9 SB ---- 2-1 7.32 ERA 9k 's

Rinala .473 , 19 RBI , 32 SB ----- 5-0 1.441 ERA 37 k's
Rinala w/a signature performance vs MOE 6 IP 3 ER 2K's not bad vs #1 in state.

Tourney time is here~
#18 finneytown vs #19 Georgetown
#16 Deer Park vs #11 clark
#9 Mariemont vs #12 Purcell
#7 madeira vs #13 CNE

#11 taylor vs #5 CHCA
#4 Wyoming vs #12 Norwood
#10 Reading vs #3 Batavia
#2 Indian Hill vs #13 Hughes

looking ahead I think IH gets out. may have a good one vs bellbrook BUT their common opponent is Ross. IH beat ross 11-6 while Bellbrook lost to Ross twice.

Dont let Reading be a sleeper to knock off Batavia either. If Connor Davis throws that game could be a good one.
Wyoming vs Badin could happen as well but Badin is too deep IMO

Its worth noting the Career Jayce Parsons has had at Deer Park!

kid is a pretty good all around athlete.

Baseball
4 year varsity starter
2024 - .500 1 HR 13 RBI He hit over .300 his freshmen and sophomore year as well