2024 Schedules

Ursuline Football '24.jpg

Glenville @St. Edward week 6

I really wonder the thought process of the powers to be is looking like right now as far as opting up goes. The situtaion this year is even more unique playing a D1 regional finalist week 1 and you dont have to declare until 2 weeks in. In theory Ginn could just test run that Upper Arlington game but Im sure a decision will be made by then

I really wonder the thought process of the powers to be is looking like right now as far as opting up goes. The situtaion this year is even more unique playing a D1 regional finalist week 1 and you dont have to declare until 2 weeks in. In theory Ginn could just test run that Upper Arlington game but Im sure a decision will be made by then
I think it’s as simple as he was competitive as anyone in D1 he just couldn’t win the big one. We feel with the talent, coaching staff (improved but not perfect, see Avon 2023), and most importantly the culture being instilled at the elite youth level. He beat Eds, Iggy, Mentor, and others in the D1 playoffs previously. Agreed with you, opening up at UA will be telling.

I think it’s as simple as he was competitive as anyone in D1 he just couldn’t win the big one. We feel with the talent, coaching staff (improved but not perfect, see Avon 2023), and most importantly the culture being instilled at the elite youth level. He beat Eds, Iggy, Mentor, and others in the D1 playoffs previously. Agreed with you, opening up at UA will be telling.
Oh trust me Ive been down this road many times on here lol these people have amnesia but agreed with everything you said

Oh trust me Ive been down this road many times on here lol these people have amnesia but agreed with everything you said
If I had a vote (which I don’t) I would opt in to D1 for the 2025 season. Ginn Elite kids will be the core off all four classes by then with the 2026-2028 kids all being Sophs and up. That’s gonna be a big year for us, this coming season should be special as well.

What year did Glenville beat Mentor in the playoffs again? I don't remember it

Centerville, Glenville, Massillon, Mentor, Solon, Toledo St. John Jesuit, and Toledo Whitmer among others had success in the D1 playoffs making deep runs but none of them won it all. Doesn’t take away from any of those programs and several of them still have the ability to make deep playoffs runs in D1.

What year did Glenville beat Mentor in the playoffs again? I don't remember it
I stand corrected ‘05 was regular season and I thought we beat you guys in the playoffs the week after we beat Iggy in 06 or 07. But the point stands, we beat Ed’s, Iggy, Massillon, and Solon in the D1 playoffs and the challenge would be welcomed. Thanks for the fact check.

Last edited:
If I had a vote (which I don’t) I would opt in to D1 for the 2025 season. Ginn Elite kids will be the core off all four classes by then with the 2026-2028 kids all being Sophs and up. That’s gonna be a big year for us, this coming season should be special as well.
Indeed. Little Arvell can sling it and he will have weapons galore. Plus the defense outside of Bryce was pretty young last year

Indeed. Little Arvell can sling it and he will have weapons galore. Plus the defense outside of Bryce was pretty young last year
We’re looking at a QB comp between Arvell and the kid that played Frosh and JV last season. Other than Bryce, Jermaine, Jennings, and the other starting CB we bring back everyone on D. And have some nice young pieces too.

2024 Louisville Leopards Football Schedule:

I know Columbus City schools were on Thursdays which were always nice to watch, but it’s seems even they are back to Fridays.
A lot of games aren't bumped from Friday until they start scheduling the officials and shortages require rescheduling the games. Happens in PA a lot more now. Closer to the season they'll set their dates