2024 Massillon Tigers

We need to understand three things:
1. Nate is terrified of playing THE VILLE
2. Ginn is the best coach and talent developer ever
3. Every kid on the Glenville team lives in the neighborhood

Good team. Very good. But we'd be working on our 3rd straight win this year. We know, he knows, he knows we know, and we know he knows. :) I will say they do have some loaded teams coming up and for awhile, just hope they can get out of D4.

Good team. Very good. But we'd be working on our 3rd straight win this year. We know, he knows, he knows we know, and we know he knows. :) I will say they do have some loaded teams coming up and for awhile, just hope they can get out of D4.
Anybody hearing whether there is going to be a week #8 game?

This is what I want to know as well
There has to be. 2 of the games (in Oregon & against the Canadians) won’t count towards the 8 games needed to qualify for the playoffs so if there is no week 8 game, the Tigers would have only played 7 games. Or at least that’s what I was told lol

There has to be. 2 of the games (in Oregon & against the Canadians) won’t count towards the 8 games needed to qualify for the playoffs so if there is no week 8 game, the Tigers would have only played 7 games. Or at least that’s what I was told lol
yeah that’s what it sounds like… i hope we still look into 7 and 8 if we have cancel the canadian team week 7 to pick up a team that counts and take a bye in week eight so be it .. i’m sure coach knows all this and is working to make sure we have enough games that count

yeah that’s what it sounds like… i hope we still look into 7 and 8 if we have cancel the canadian team week 7 to pick up a team that counts and take a bye in week eight so be it .. i’m sure coach knows all this and is working to make sure we have enough games that count
When do we have to have a schedule turned in by.

The OSHAA site says there must be a minimum of 8 varsity games played. It previously says that ": Only contests played
against NFHS Member State Association schools or OHSAA approved Affiliate Association schools will count towards
the Harbin Ratings"
. Does this not mean that of our nine games, only seven will count in the Harbin, but we still have nine
varsity games scheduled??

Last edited:
Steubenville ha! I always enjoyed playing them, loved their stadium. I wish we could get them for a home and home but I doubt it. With almost everyone making the playoff, we could probably make it in with 3 wins. This year will tell us alot about the state of Massillon football. Everybody will be gunning for us and we have finally reached the promised land. Can we keep it going???

The OSHAA site says there must be a minimum of 8 varsity games played. It previously says that ": Only contests played
against NFHS Member State Association schools or OHSAA approved Affiliate Association schools will count towards
the Harbin Ratings"
. Does this not mean that of our ten games, only eight will count in the Harbin, but we still have ten
varsity games scheduled??
Yes, that's the way I understand it.... That's why I mentioned if something opens up in week 7 or 8 I hope they can get it done even if they had to cancel the canadian team in week 7...Right now we have 7 qualifying games,, Week 1 is usually not hard to fill as teams arent in league play. Pittsburgh Central Catholic canceling week 1 really sucked as there were probably a bunch of Ohio teams available at that time

At one time not that long ago, both Glenville (D4 state champ) and Upper Arlington (D1 regional finalist) were available week 1. A suggestion that either could be a possibility was mocked. And now they're playing each other. And we're playing who knows who, who knows where.

And yeah, UA probably would have wanted a home game (they only have 5 with Glenville), but Columbus is a lot closer than Oregon. And with all the chest-thumping the Glenville honks are doing ya gotta think they would have come here -- unless said thumpers are FOS.

At one time not that long ago, both Glenville (D4 state champ) and Upper Arlington (D1 regional finalist) were available week 1. A suggestion that either could be a possibility was mocked. And now they're playing each other. And we're playing who knows who, who knows where.

And yeah, UA probably would have wanted a home game (they only have 5 with Glenville), but Columbus is a lot closer than Oregon. And with all the chest-thumping the Glenville honks are doing ya gotta think they would have come here -- unless said thumpers are FOS.
I would literally start working on both of these teams for 2025.

The week 1 games are tricky because all these states have different starting times. I know a lot of people disagree with me but I wish there were only 4 weeks of playoffs instead of 6. You could start the season late August, early September, the regular season each game would mean more, teams would have to earn their way into the playoffs, less blow outs. To me it rings hollow that a team can win 1, 2, or 3 games, have a losing record and make the playoffs. I know this will never happen because it's money driven.

The week 1 games are tricky because all these states have different starting times. I know a lot of people disagree with me but I wish there were only 4 weeks of playoffs instead of 6. You could start the season late August, early September, the regular season each game would mean more, teams would have to earn their way into the playoffs, less blow outs. To me it rings hollow that a team can win 1, 2, or 3 games, have a losing record and make the playoffs. I know this will never happen because it's money driven.

This. And to ring even hollower(?), initially one of the main arguments to expand playoffs were to ease scheduling. Stronger programs were having difficulty back then, when a loss significantly reduced your chances of qualifying. From 4 teams, to 8, to 16, to 32, it hasn't happened yet. We have MORE oos and Canadian opponents (or byes & non-sanctioned) in Ohio than ever. I don't see any solution to it.

Who mocked or why, opening with Glenville or UA? I missed that. I think fans in general are pretty much open to any 10 game schedule - just get it done.

This. And to ring even hollower(?), initially one of the main arguments to expand playoffs were to ease scheduling. Stronger programs were having difficulty back then, when a loss significantly reduced your chances of qualifying. From 4 teams, to 8, to 16, to 32, it hasn't happened yet. We have MORE oos and Canadian opponents (or byes & non-sanctioned) in Ohio than ever. I don't see any solution to it.
I agree, and probably there is only 1 solution and this has been talked about and voted it on in the past always the vote failing and that is put all the Private schools in their own leagues, have separate public/ private playoffs and have every school in a league. The chances of all of this happening is probably less than you or I hitting the mega lottery.

I am getting to the age that if I go to all 7 championship games, a week later i can't remember
Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF
which game was which and what happened.

I agree, and probably there is only 1 solution and this has been talked about and voted it on in the past always the vote failing and that is put all the Private schools in their own leagues, have separate public/ private playoffs and have every school in a league. The chances of all of this happening is probably less than you or I hitting the mega lottery.

Probably right. Interesting concept though - OHSAA setting up some type of larger regional "leagues", that would in effect force teams to fill a schedule from among them, or at least 7-8 of them and still keep a couple "opens." You would also probably have to have some type of boilerplate contract to abide by in regards to home & home, how to split ticket revenue, etc.

Here or neutral, unless you're into 4 o clock kickoffs on Friday nights, er, I mean afternoons.

The local Nancy's started the "avoidance"....what trendsetters.

I am not sure but I think this is a school for juvenile delinquents and if I remember at least in the past I think they were really good. I could be wrong though.
15-0 ...5A state champs... scoring 43.7 giving up 7.3.. Hard to tell who they played during regular season .. it looks like they coasted .. first game they won 87-0 .. But even if it was a weak schedule looks like they coasted through 4 out 5 of their playoff games... hard to tell as I'm not familiar with those schools of course being from Philly area.. It is 5A which I think puts them somewhere around the size of Massillon

Anybody know anything about this team. Looking for week 1 game.

When I used to make highlight films for Scouting Ohio, a PA site under the same umbrella was created. I made films for a few Imhotep players back then. Ironically, I got to see them live that year (2013) when they played Cardinal Mooney at YSU. One of them was current Chicago Bears WR D.J. Moore, but they also had another super talented athlete in DeAndre Scott. That's really who I went to see. Him & Moore both scored two TDs apiece on Mooney.

Here's a photo gallery from the game. FWIW, Moore was #23.

Last edited: