2024 Massillon Tigers

Playing nfl academy may be a record breaking blow out
i had higher hopes for them till i watched their last game

I swear some of y'all will argue of its nite or day. That's a heck of a schedual. I see 3 maybe 4 losses.
Bergan and St Eds for sure Ls. Dematha ??? . mck or Warren could surprise. So I'm think at best 8 n 2 , worst 6 and 4. We certainly are going to get everybody's A game.
Warren? Did they get their kids from Hoban back?

Maybe Worm could fill us in but I think Mat Richardson is Warren's first African American HEAD coach. That could make a difference. They always have talent and I'm sure he will maximize that and keep their boys at home. They may attract from the whole Mahoning Valley/Trumble county area. With their new indoor and nice facilities, Warren could come back in a big way quick.

Maybe Worm could fill us in but I think Mat Richardson is Warren's first African American HEAD coach. That could make a difference. They always have talent and I'm sure he will maximize that and keep their boys at home. They may attract from the whole Mahoning Valley/Trumble county area. With their new indoor and nice facilities, Warren could come back in a big way quick.
He’s taking over for Steve Arnold who I’m quite certain is also African American

You are correct. I didn't know that.
Irregardless, Richardson has got an impressive resume and could be Warren's "coach Moore" type of difference maker. I'd love to see Warren rise to prominence again. I hate to see these once proud cities continue to Spiral downwards

Irregardless, Richardson has got an impressive resume and could be Warren's "coach Moore" type of difference maker. I'd love to see Warren rise to prominence again. I hate to see these once proud cities continue to Spiral downwards
I was hoping that he would start with some aggressiveness and get those Warren kids/coaches currently at Hoban to come back to Warren but Worm said he doesn’t expect that to happen

yeah i always pull for warren except for 1 week... its the worm effect... i'm pulling for them and hope for a reset of that program.. coaching makes a difference, i just hope they give him time its not going to happen overnight... we need those classic battles back

If Massillon does do that week 1 tailgate, I will come to that, no cap. I am not from Massillon, I have no ties to Massillon personally. I never even been to a Massillon football game, in PBTS. I've been to a Massillon game at infocision, before, because I was and still am a student at the University of Akron. But I feel like if I ever want to get the Massillon experience, this is gonna be the way to do it. I'd like to experience your community at its best.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Coach Moore + Massillon = the perfect marriage. Moore is a program builder, so combining his experience with a program/community that just needed to get over the hump was a match made in heaven.

As for Harding, Matty Rich brings a mentality that's desparately needed and from the looks of it, our youth is buying in. The issue is the "community" aspect of it. As a 2002 alum, I can tell you that my generation was raised in a completely different atmosphere and as a realistic fan who never left the area, I understand why the community encouraged more growth back then vs. now. We have to get back our "iron sharpens iron" mentality. I never got into the "public vs. private" thing because when "iron is sharpening iron," you'll take your chances vs. anybody, anytime, anywhere. It's deeper than sports because around here, the streets shatter more dreams than anything else. If you only knew just how much talent that Warren has. In fact, look back at the recent Massillon-Harding matchups that were competitive vs. the ones that weren't. Even in that regard, Richardson is a much better fit moving forward as he brings a fresh, positive vibe with him.

I was hoping that he would start with some aggressiveness and get those Warren kids/coaches currently at Hoban to come back to Warren but Worm said he doesn’t expect that to happen

It' be hard to leave an established place like Hoban for anywhere. Talk about "positive energy." Everything that I'm hearing out of "Knight Country" is good energy. Transfers are great you when you know that you have a program that people (parents and athletes) want to be a part of, which is why you never see me hating on Massillon, Glenville, private schools, etc. Who wouldn't want to play for Coach Moore? Who wouldn't want to play in the GCL? Why go to Cleveland Lincoln West when St. Ignatius is down the street?

As a Harding fan, I've yet to see us face a Maurice Clarett/Lynn Bowden-type of player who transfered into a program on our schedule, but there's reasons why those guys came.

yeah i always pull for warren except for 1 week... its the worm effect... i'm pulling for them and hope for a reset of that program.. coaching makes a difference, i just hope they give him time its not going to happen overnight... we need those classic battles back

I appreciate the compliment!

Last edited:

They finished w/ a 1 pt loss to Fitch, blew out St. V round 1, then a 3 pt loss to a 9-3 Hudson team. That is respectable. Their records are sometimes deceiving due to schedule. Like Worm said you add a D1 stud here or there this team is dangerous, sooner than later.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Coach Moore + Massillon = the perfect marriage. Moore is a program builder, so combining his experience with a program/community that just needed to get over the hump was a match made in heaven.

As for Harding, Matty Rich brings a mentality that's desparately needed and from the looks of it, our youth is buying in. The issue is the "community" aspect of it. As a 2002 alum, I can tell you that my generation was raised in a completely different atmosphere and as a realistic fan who never left the area, I understand why the community encouraged more growth back then vs. now. We have to get back our "iron sharpens iron" mentality. I never got into the "public vs. private" thing because when "iron is sharpening iron," you'll take your chances vs. anybody, anytime, anywhere. It's deeper than sports because around here, the streets shatter more dreams than anything else. If you only knew just how much talent that Warren has. In fact, look back at the recent Massillon-Harding matchups that were competitive vs. the ones that weren't. Even in that regard, Richardson is a much better fit moving forward as he brings a fresh, positive vibe with him.

It' be hard to leave an established place like Hoban for anywhere. Talk about "positive energy." Everything that I'm hearing out of "Knight Country" is good energy. Transfers are great you when you know that you have a program that people (parents and athletes) want to be a part of, which is why you never see me hating on Massillon, Glenville, private schools, etc. Who wouldn't want to play for Coach Moore? Who wouldn't want to play in the GCL? Why go to Cleveland Lincoln West when St. Ignatius is down the street?

As a Harding fan, I've yet to see us face a Maurice Clarett/Lynn Bowden-type of player who transfered into a program on our schedule, but there's reasons why those guys came.

I appreciate the compliment!
Of course.. Respect

If Massillon does do that week 1 tailgate, I will come to that, no cap. I am not from Massillon, I have no ties to Massillon personally. I never even been to a Massillon football game, in PBTS. I've been to a Massillon game at infocision, before, because I was and still am a student at the University of Akron. But I feel like if I ever want to get the Massillon experience, this is gonna be the way to do it. I'd like to experience your community at its best.
Buddy, make your first experience a Massillon McK game in Massillon. It’s a ton of fun.

Elkhart (IN) plays Mishawaka Marion on Oct. 11th - Mishawaka Marion is a Northern Indian Conference game for Elkhart that is still scheduled on the IHSAA web site, and I ask why would they change a conference game to book Massillon?

Elkhart (IN) plays Mishawaka Marion on Oct. 11th - Mishawaka Marion is a Northern Indian Conference game for Elkhart that is still scheduled on the IHSAA web site, and I ask why would they change a conference game to book Massillon?
i doubt they would after last years beat down

48-7 since 2020. Quick, without looking it up who were the losses?

Attachments

• 20240413_033016.jpg
    20240413_033016.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 35
And 28-2 the previous two years (2018-
, 2019). Have only lost two games to public schools the last six years (Pick Central, Green).

Last edited: