2024 Massillon Tigers

Without the feedback all AM stations have?
They need to scrap the AM station and just broadcast online

I do to but after about a quarter of WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in the background my head hurts
Yes it is a great feed. They even stop talking and you can listen to the band at halftime. It's as clear as a glass of AquaOhio water.

Idk why they don’t make them available until after the season
I don't know the reason. What I think is it's an effort to stop opposing teams from seeing everything Massillon has in the playbook. In other words opponents only get to see what Massillon wants them to see. Seems to have worked out IMO.

I don't know the reason. What I think is it's an effort to stop opposing teams from seeing everything Massillon has in the playbook. In other words opponents only get to see what Massillon wants them to see. Seems to have worked out IMO.
I really hope that’s not the reason cause it’s a bad one lol

Aside from maybe out of state teams everyone we play is getting a lot more film than just what we send them. Also, using the stream as a way to breakdown game tape would be a massive waste of time and largely useless

But that makes no sense. Do you really think that Hoban, Avon, etc. don't have access to video capture technology to archive the stream for future viewing? Do ya really think those schools can't afford or won't pay $10/$12/$16 to get those games on tape?

But that makes no sense. Do you really think that Hoban, Avon, etc. don't have access to video capture technology to archive the stream for future viewing? Do ya really think those schools can't afford or won't pay $10/$12/$16 to get those games on tape?
I have been out of the game so long, (I played in the days of swapping tapes), but i thought Hudl handles all that now?

I have been out of the game so long, (I played in the days of swapping tapes), but i thought Hudl handles all that now?
IIRC, Hudl distributes only what the school has uploaded and what they're permitted to share. Which may not be the commercial stream, for starters.

IIRC, Hudl distributes only what the school has uploaded and what they're petermitted to share. Which may not be the commercial stream, for starters.
Yes but someone suggested the commercial could be used by opponents to scout your team. I do not see why they would when Hudl would be better since it has features that allows scouting a team a commercial broadcast wouldn't.

Yes but someone suggested the commercial could be used by opponents to scout your team. I do not see why they would when Hudl would be better since it has features that allows scouting a team a commercial broadcast wouldn't.
They wouldn’t unless they’re dumb or have no options. The coaches “trade” film through Hudl which obviously has tools to categorize and break down the film play by play.

They wouldn’t unless they’re dumb or have no options. The coaches “trade” film through Hudl which obviously has tools to categorize and break down the film play by play.
I think the point is that Hudl only shares what you want to be shared. Capturing the commercial stream may provide additional video above and beyond that. Is it as useful? Maybe not, but it would be more useful than not having it at all.

I think the point is that Hudl only shares what you want to be shared. Capturing the commercial stream may provide additional video above and beyond that. Is it as useful? Maybe not, but it would be more useful than not having it at all.
You can probably see some sideline stuff in the commercial streams and obviously more of the before and after the play stuff. It just wouldn’t be overly useful for breaking down plays.

You can probably see some sideline stuff in the commercial streams and obviously more of the before and after the play stuff. It just wouldn’t be overly useful for breaking down plays.
Why not? If someone has the capability to do an illicit video capture of the hi-def stream, they almost certainly have the capability to start, stop, rewind, do slo-mo, etc.

Last edited:
Why not? If someone has the capability to do an illicit video capture of the hi-def stream, they almost certainly have the capability to start, stop, rewind, do slo-mo, etc.
The only reason you would even spend the time to attempt that would be if you had absolutely nothing else to go on. Also, the camera angles are not conducive to actually breaking down film. You almost never see all 22 at the same time.

The only reason you would even spend the time to attempt that would be if you had absolutely nothing else to go on. Also, the camera angles are not conducive to actually breaking down film. You almost never see all 22 at the same time.
You don't need to see all 22 to recognize a different play or new blitz.

It’s very easy to capture/copy video online. Many schools use multiple camera angles, which I highly doubt that they’d share (them all) when trading film.

Obtaining additional film/angles is beneficial with/without already having film.

The next time someone sees Nate they should ask him if he has staff members scanning YouTube for opponents live streams to use that to scout? I would bet a fair amount that the answer is “NO”.

The next time someone sees Nate they should ask him if he has staff members scanning YouTube for opponents live streams to use that to scout? I would bet a fair amount that the answer is “NO”.
What the Massillon staff is doing isn't the issue here.

OTOH, do you really think that the only video the staff will see of, say, Bergen Catholic is whatever is shared on Hudl?

What the Massillon staff is doing isn't the issue here.

OTOH, do you really think that the only video the staff will see of, say, Bergen Catholic is whatever is shared on Hudl?
So you’re saying that in an era where almost everyone is doing live streams of games only our opponents are using ours for extra scouting? If that’s something that’s truly happening then it’s pretty lazy by our coaches to not do it as well.

Yeah, I think 99% of what our coaches do to prepare for Bergen will be based on what they see on the Hudl tape.

IMO, if film obtained from opponents live streams was being used to gain any meaningful amount of scouting edge 1. Every coach would know about it and be doing it. 2. Coaches would have put an end to live streams as soon as they thought it was having a negative affect on their teams chances to be successful.

I have several friends on Harding's staff and I've sent film to them numerous times. Players to for that matter. It may not be what they watch in meetings, but trust and believe that they appreciate it. In fact, as somebody who records my own footage for my media work, my angles from the stands are often more clear than what they have, so I've shared some of that to. That isn't even considering if a play or two is missed while filming OR if weather conditions limit visibility. Every little bit helps.

Most coaches willingly trade film, but they don't send every single piece of footage that they have. Coaches use every way possible to get as much as they can.

I have several friends on Harding's staff and I've sent film to them numerous times. Players to for that matter. It may not be what they watch in meetings, but trust and believe that they appreciate it. In fact, as somebody who records my own footage for my media work, my angles from the stands are often more clear than what they have, so I've shared some of that to. That isn't even considering if a play or two is missed while filming OR if weather conditions limit visibility. Every little bit helps.

Most coaches willingly trade film, but they don't send every single piece of footage that they have. Coaches use every way possible to get as much as they can.
Coaches obviously trade film with their buddies who are playing a team that they faced earlier in the season etc. you can bet the farm that Green had tape on every game Massillon played last year via what we sent voluntarily and what they got from the other Fed teams that wanted to help them out and I’m sure we got some additional on them as well via the relationships coaches have with each other.

The one thing that would be very valuable which isn’t normally sent via Hudl is the endzone view.

Coaches are pretty open about sharing their expertise in the offseason. Coach Elder at Avon routinely meets with other coaches to pick their brains, and vice versa. The good coaches get tons of requests from other coaches. I’m sure Coach Moore does, and I’m sure he freely shares his knowledge with other coaches.

As for Hudl of Bergen Catholic, for example, you don’t just need to rely on their Hudl footage. You can always watch footage of them from some of their opponents Hudl for a possible different perspective.