2024 Massillon Tigers

Oh crap....you guys are pimping this Oregon trip and talking "National Titles" and you aren't even sure of the name of the team yet? Lol.
I’ve not once mentioned Oregon till now
You’ve been to busy speaking to everyone like they are dumb to remember who you’ve been arguing with
I have enough kids of my own to worry about playing with you

2 miles from Massillon comes up an awful lot here 😂
If we are talking from WHS then that leaves two elementary schools and maybe Perry that one may be a little farther
I say we schedule Whittier elementary and drop 300 points on them 🤷‍♂️
My dad was born in 1916. That year a college football game was played between Georgia TECH and Cumberland Valley. Georgia Tech squeezed past them 222 to 0. The score at halftime was 127 to 0. I would have loved to have been in the locker room to hear what that coach who team was getting crushed was telling his players. Well boys the bus leaves at 5pm. Make sure you are ready to leave and have all your suitcases packed up with your clothes and equipment.

My dad was born in 1916. That year a college football game was played between Georgia TECH and Cumberland Valley. Georgia Tech squeezed past them 222 to 0. The score at halftime was 127 to 0. I would have loved to have been in the locker room to hear what that coach who team was getting crushed was telling his players. Well boys the bus leaves at 5pm. Make sure you are ready to leave and have all your suitcases packed up with your clothes and equipment.
I read about that game after Massillon played sun valley
Absolutely crazy

Looking at the current roster and assuming for the sake of this conversation that no changes happen between now and the season….at least one of Lenix, Gamble, Mitchell, and Owens has to get a serious look on defense right?

Looking at the current roster and assuming for the sake of this conversation that no changes happen between now and the season….at least one of Lenix, Gamble, Mitchell, and Owens has to get a serious look on defense right?
I would hope that we play our best players both ways when necessary. These 4 are some of our best.

I’m in love with the giant black swarm flag
EDMF
They got some work going on inside the stadium on the sidelines
Can’t wait to see the new school behind it
Should make a nice backdrop poking up from behind the stands

Attachments

• IMG_9268.jpeg
    IMG_9268.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 44
You would think it's possible... other than Gamble I'm not sure what experience the other 3 have..It seems like I've seen clip of owens playing D but not sure...

Last edited:
You would think it's possible... other than Gamble I'm not sure what experience the other 3 have..It seems like I've een clip of owens playing D but not sure...
To add to that, I'm excited to see Owens, I know you guys keep throwing out a lot of compliments and I've seen some of his clips, and he looked good but I'm sure some have seen in person and really like what you saw...Should be fun to watch, It looks likes Gamble and Lenix have done a lot of off season work too, they're both doing well at coach Stu's thing last week.. I'm not sure if I saw Mitchell's name in the rankings, hopefully he's working too... Last year I didnt see his name either at Stu's thing... it seems like someone mentioned he had his own trainer? it was a long time ago so I may be wrong

You would think it's possible... other than Gamble I'm not sure what experience the other 3 have..It seems like I've een clip of owens playing D but not sure...
Lenix and Owens played some linebacker at the freshmen level but Gamble is the only one that’s played any real varsity minutes on offense defense

The D has been a hot topic since the season ended
Many fans and players parents I’ve seen in chats didn’t seem to worried about reloading the defense
Seems like we already have pieces in place
And for the sake of my sanity I hope they’re right
Speaking of right how bout Wright?
Big Mike coming back stronger faster and older next season
And He had centers nervous last season 😂

Many fans and players parents I’ve seen in chats didn’t seem to worried about reloading the defense
Love big Mike, his attitude and hustle will make him the leader on the team... you can see it on the field.. I think the D will be fine this year.. probably not as good as last year of course, we all know that.. but a lot of guys played in their back up roll, and that freshman team had some players... just have to see which kids grew physically but a couple like B Gamble and Malone I think make an impact and if Harper really is around 215 lbs, which I'm assuming he is since he competed at Stu's thing at that weight he could join the other two

Love big Mike, his attitude and hustle will make him the leader on the team... you can see it on the field.. I think the D will be fine this year.. probably not as good as last year of course, we all know that.. but a lot of guys played in their back up roll, and that freshman team had some players... just have to see which kids grew physically but a couple like B Gamble and Malone I think make an impact and if Harper really is around 215 lbs, which I'm assuming he is since he competed at Stu's thing at that weight he could join the other two

I think we match up very well everywhere against anyone - except Hoban's lines. Privates like them (and TCC, St. Ed) are able to get HUGE linemen after linemen. Like you said whatever we lose on scoring defense I hope we make up for on scoring offense.

Looking back I still can't wrap my head around shutting down both Hoban and Ed with all the power 5 D1 size/talent they had. Ed had 3 guys go to OSU and UM (unbelievable), with a future D1 back, and netted 59 yards rushing. What???

He’s going to be a beast this year… I think even better than last year. Can’t wait to see him staring down centers… a lot of high snaps!!

He’s going to be a beast this year… I think even better than last year. Can’t wait to see him staring down centers… a lot of high snaps!!

The guys on either side of him were great too. That helped alot. One will be Zimmerman. Haven't seen Garner. Not sure who else we got. Bond was a special talent, at least on par with Mike. Either way I know Big Mike is going to have a Big year.

Here’s a thought on the D line: what if they go “big” on the line with Mike, Garner, and maybe Carter? Let those biggums eat up the blocks so the linebackers can feast. Against pass heavy teams and such we an always bring in Zimmerman or Floyd as more of a pass rushing threat at end

The guys on either side of him were great too. That helped alot. One will be Zimmerman. Haven't seen Garner. Not sure who else we got. Bond was a special talent, at least on par with Mike. Either way I know Big Mike is going to have a Big year.
I think we’re going to need Zimmerman at TE more than we think so it’s going to be interesting to see where they focus his energy

I think we match up very well everywhere against anyone - except Hoban's lines. Privates like them (and TCC, St. Ed) are able to get HUGE linemen after linemen. Like you said whatever we lose on scoring defense I hope we make up for on scoring offense.

Looking back I still can't wrap my head around shutting down both Hoban and Ed with all the power 5 D1 size/talent they had. Ed had 3 guys go to OSU and UM (unbelievable), with a future D1 back, and netted 59 yards rushing. What???
Adding to this
I thought I had all the stat sheets saved
Can you or anyone remember how many yards Riggs got for St. John’s
he is headed to play for the ducks

Now back to 2024 what the Portland team?
I’ve still not heard the school name
I would like to do some research and watch some old film if there is a possibility of playing them
Never heard it was a team from Portland, just that the game was in Portland. I think Nike is headquartered in Portland. Maybe the are going to bring in DeLaSalle or another Cal team. Who knows?
Now back to 2024 what the Portland team?
I’ve still not heard the school name
I would like to do some research and watch some old film if there is a possibility of playing them

Adding to this
I thought I had all the stat sheets saved
Can you or anyone remember how many yards Riggs got for St. John’s
he is headed to play for the ducks
Never mind found part of it
They actually got some yards on us
Not sure Riggs stats yet
I have them somewhere though
Just have too much BS saved from last season

Attachments

• IMG_9269.jpeg
    IMG_9269.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 32
Here’s a thought on the D line: what if they go “big” on the line with Mike, Garner, and maybe Carter? Let those biggums eat up the blocks so the linebackers can feast. Against pass heavy teams and such we an always bring in Zimmerman or Floyd as more of a pass rushing threat at end

Carter? Floyd??? Who are they? Sorry I am not aware.

They could not block them. That's how strong they were. People were complaining all year about the pass defense. Hard to throw an accurate pass when you are running for your life.