2024 Massillon Tigers

Massillon is Divison II, what’s your point? Your head Varsity coach has ZERO problem continuing series to get guaranteed wins against DIII Warren Harding and DIII Mansfield Senior. And again, being D4 doesn’t stop college coaches from blowing up Ted’s phone.
In the last 20 years, Massillon is 14-4 against D3 public schools. 4 wins against Buchtel, 2 against Steubenville, 2 Mansfield, 2 Louisville, 1 Garfield, 1 Dover, 1 Mt. Healthy, 1 Beechcroft, and they lost 2x to Steubenville and 2x to Buchtel.
Last 20 years vs. D4 publics, they're 2-1 (all 3 games were vs. Steubenville).

Glen/GA football finished 29-14 in the four seasons preceding the Corona season. 28-0 in the Senate League; 1-14 outside of the Senate League.

Ok, enough with this goof. (So much for our "protected thread")

Was wondering if Cam Lynch is still on the team. Not sure how much (if any) action he saw last season but I don't remember seeing him out there. Injured?

Which brings me to LoQuan Young and Max Tanner. They're on a couple of rosters for next season but weren't on the team last year, anyone know if they're ACTUALLY on the team or is this just a carry over from last year's preseason roster?

And finally, which sophomore to be do you think will (possibly) start or at least see a lot of minutes.

Braylon Gamble S/WR 5'11" 170
Deontay Malone. CB/WR 5'11" 163
Gio Jackson FS/WR 6'3" 173
Marcus Garner DT/T 6'1" 263
Savior Owens LB/RB 5'10" 185
Other
Gamble and Malone for sure ...However, Jackson, Garner, Hillie Harper, Fowler, Blake and White all have a shot of playing time depending on physical growth.. I would have included Owens of course excpt for the fact, we have Gamble, Lenix and Mitchell in front of him.. maybe a two back set allows him some time?

To add to that, which Jr or Sr steps up that didnt play much last year.. I'll go with Brumfield T Williams and Chris Fair

Gamble and Malone for sure ...However, Jackson, Garner, Hillie Harper, Fowler, Blake and White all have a shot of playing time depending on physical growth.. I would have included Owens of course excpt for the fact, we have Gamble, Lenix and Mitchell in front of him.. maybe a two back set allows him some time?
It’s funny that Owens is probably the most physically ready of the group but is at a position where he enters as 4th on the depth chart l. Deontay Malone has IT as well and I think he will be taking reps from someone sooner rather than later

Reactions: Bud
I can see Owens hanging back a bit but getting more reps later on. Coach loves to play around with different RBs/RB sets, so I think we’ll see a good deal.
I love how much depth we have had at RB for years now. Always a man available to step in.

In the last 20 years, Massillon is 14-4 against D3 public schools. 4 wins against Buchtel, 2 against Steubenville, 2 Mansfield, 2 Louisville, 1 Garfield, 1 Dover, 1 Mt. Healthy, 1 Beechcroft, and they lost 2x to Steubenville and 2x to Buchtel.
Last 20 years vs. D4 publics, they're 2-1 (all 3 games were vs. Steubenville).

Glen/GA football finished 29-14 in the four seasons preceding the Corona season. 28-0 in the Senate League; 1-14 outside of the Senate League.
As said below Coach was dealing with some serious health issues during those seasons. Run the numbers pre and post health situation, I’ll wait… And as the beautiful and talented Ms. Jackson once so eloquently stated, what have you done for me lately…

As said below Coach was dealing with some serious health issues during those seasons. Run the numbers pre and post health situation, I’ll wait… And as the beautiful and talented Ms. Jackson once so eloquently stated, what have you done for me lately…
Pretty sure it had more to do with them getting caught cheating. He was ill in 2013 and they were 13-2 DII State runner-up.

Pretty sure it had more to do with them getting caught cheating. He was ill in 2013 and they were 13-2 DII State runner-up.
Playoff ban and 4 years of probation for:
Glenville is placed on probation through June 2021 and CMSD has been fined $5,000 and reprimanded for lack of administrative responsibility and institutional control in assigning students to the correct high school for athletic participation purposes. The violations are of OHSAA Bylaw 4-3-1, which addresses participation opportunities for students only at the school where they attend. While Exception 4 to that bylaw allows some participation opportunities for students who attend a non-traditional school, CMSD did not adhere to the business rules for how those students are assigned.”

Assigning students to Glenville for athletic purposes…hmmm that explains how a district that has shrunk A LOT still has more talent than almost any school in the state…

Chris Fair has center written all over him
you think? I was thinking he might slide into the open DE slot, I love DL's that wrestle I also thought when the second unit was out there it seemed like it was Brumfield out there.. could be wrong on that one though. The 2 new lineman that transfered in, I think both have some OL experience but sounds like more G and OT though and not sure of their skill level coming from smaller programs

Chris Fair has center written all over him
you think? I was thinking he might slide into the open DE slot, I love DL's that wrestle I also thought when the second unit was out there it seemed like it was Brumfield out there.. could be wrong on that one though. I do know that Fair did some of the long snapping...The 2 new lineman that transfered in, I think both have some OL experience but sounds like more G and OT though and not sure of their skill level coming from smaller programs

I agree that defense is crucial but I’m not sure it’s realistic to expect your defense to be pitching shutouts in the state championship and giving up one score in a semifinal game

Is what it is. Outscoring Hoban or LaSalle hasn't been realistic in any of the previous tries, and we've had some pretty outstanding offenses. Defense is what did it realistic or not.

you think? I was thinking he might slide into the open DE slot, I love DL's that wrestle I also thought when the second unit was out there it seemed like it was Brumfield out there.. could be wrong on that one though. The 2 new lineman that transfered in, I think both have some OL experience but sounds like more G and OT though and not sure of their skill level coming from smaller programs
I would like a little more size and strength in the interior of the O line because without the luxury of being able to snap the ball to your QB and let him run with extra numbers in the run game we will have to execute a traditional run game

Yep, a healthy Ted Ginn = an easy cruise through the Senate and D4. Congrats.
Cool. You’re the only one obsessed with divisions, and last time I checked Massillon isn’t D1. As we always say, D4 and we just sent two kids to OSU, a kid to Louisville and a few more kids to G5 programs. When you get some spare time look at out 2026, 2027, and 2028 classes. QQ, what happened last time D1 Glenville and D1 Massillon met in the playoffs?