2024 HS Season

I believe the all-region and all-state teams are not affiliated with the OHSAA. They are part of the coaches association.

After the OHSBVA website went offline, there's no where to post them.

It is a shame.

IMG_2789.jpeg

Anyone know if there's any livestream of any of the regional finals? Seems like such a miss for the OHSAA to not offer something if there's none at all

In region 8, McNick takes down Fenwick in 3-2. As good of a match as expected
20-25, 25-20, 25-15, 24-26, 15-9

In region 7, Independence takes down Chardon 3-0; 25-22, 25-14, 25-20. They get a date next weekend with McNick which I’d expect McNick to win in an easy 3. The challenge for McNick is gonna be not looking towards the state championship too much.

I know region 7 is chock full of newer teams and programs, but the difference between region 7 and the other 3 D2 regions is a big, big difference right now

X sweeps Moeller, 25-21, 25-23, 25-19. Assuming they’ll play Liberty next Saturday, the D1 semis might be the de facto state championship

X sweeps Moeller, 25-21, 25-23, 25-19. Assuming they’ll play Liberty next Saturday, the D1 semis might be the de facto state championship
I did win a prop bet on FanDuel for St X coach getting a yellow card. 🤣

X had the better team this year, but damn he tried hard to give Moe an opening.

I did win a prop bet on FanDuel for St X coach getting a yellow card. 🤣

X had the better team this year, but damn he tried hard to give Moe an opening.
the refs weren't terrible but there was a stretch where they missed a few and that's what he went off about. what's weird is these are the refs for the regional finals but i didn't recognize any of them.

St X was the better team even when their serving wasn't "on point/consistent". Moeller blocked them well at times (or X just didn't see blocks well at times?) Geselbrecht just wore out in the end and had to be taken out of the backrow. Moeller battled but they were just undersized especially at the pins. Moe libero can only dig so many balls - there was a rally late when he took like 4 straight bombs before X finally won the point.

Fenwick McNick match - saw the 5th set. weirdest play i've ever seen was when McNick dude ran a slide, hit the ball, went under the net outside the antenna, like literally couldn't stop himself and ran under the net but outside the antenna and ended up right next to Fenwick outside hitter on their side. refs took like 2 minutes to confer and finally gave point to Fenwick. I know you can be under the net with your foot if you're outside the antenna but i didn't think your whole body could go to the other side but the ref let it go at first. just a weird play.

the refs weren't terrible but there was a stretch where they missed a few and that's what he went off about. what's weird is these are the refs for the regional finals but i didn't recognize any of them.

St X was the better team even when their serving wasn't "on point/consistent". Moeller blocked them well at times (or X just didn't see blocks well at times?) Geselbrecht just wore out in the end and had to be taken out of the backrow. Moeller battled but they were just undersized especially at the pins. Moe libero can only dig so many balls - there was a rally late when he took like 4 straight bombs before X finally won the point.
Been watching GCL-S volleyball for years, St X coach is a piece of work—that’s the reason for my dig at him. And I stand by it, no need to even account for refs on this one.

St X had the better players/team this year in the league.

Fenwick McNick match - saw the 5th set. weirdest play i've ever seen was when McNick dude ran a slide, hit the ball, went under the net outside the antenna, like literally couldn't stop himself and ran under the net but outside the antenna and ended up right next to Fenwick outside hitter on their side. refs took like 2 minutes to confer and finally gave point to Fenwick. I know you can be under the net with your foot if you're outside the antenna but i didn't think your whole body could go to the other side but the ref let it go at first. just a weird play.
On the Fenwick McNick point, in club volleyball (I think), college and higher, you can go completely under as long as it’s outside the antenna, but inside the pole. Like, at those levels, if your teammate shanks a ball over the net and it’s going outside the sideline, you can run under and bring it back to your side. Have seen some pretty cool points won that way, but it’s not allowed under OHSAA (might even just be NFHS) so not sure why they had such a long discussion about it

Been watching GCL-S volleyball for years, St X coach is a piece of work—that’s the reason for my dig at him. And I stand by it, no need to even account for refs on this one.

St X had the better players/team this year in the league.
Curious why you say he’s “a piece of work”? I know plenty here have questioned his coaching decisions and ability, but that seems more

Alright the semi finals / finals are just a few days away. My unsolicited predictions.

Division 1
St Xavier over Olentangy Liberty in 4
St Ignatius over Darby in 5

St Xavier over St Ignatius in 3

Division 2
St Charles over SVSM in 3
McNick over Independence in 3

McNick over St Charles in 4

Alright the semi finals / finals are just a few days away. My unsolicited predictions.

Division 1
St Xavier over Olentangy Liberty in 4
St Ignatius over Darby in 5

St Xavier over St Ignatius in 3

Division 2
St Charles over SVSM in 3
McNick over Independence in 3

McNick over St Charles in 4
Give me:
Division 1
X over Liberty in 5 - when Liberty beat X, I believe X was missing Taggart; having him back is the difference this time
Darby over St. I's in 4 - Darby with a bit more firepower and is very hot right now, but if Ragon gets hot, it could easily go 4 or 5 in I's favor

X over Darby in 4
- think I said it earlier, but the X-Liberty matchup is, IMO, the de facto state championship game. If X falls to Liberty, I see Liberty taking care of business against either St. I's or Darby

Division 2
St. Charles over SVSM in 3 - could be a close 3, but St. Charles has guys at every position that can put a ball away
McNick over Independence in 3 - McNick should win easily; it's a win for Indy if they can keep scores within 10 points

St. Charles over McNick in 5
- tough to beat the same team 3 times in one season, but St. Charles has just a bit more firepower from all spots and, from when I've seen these 2 go at it, they tend to remain calm and play their game; McNick seems like they can get in their own heads too much

St. Charles currently up 2-0 on SVSM. Definitely a little rusty in the 1st set and SVSM had good energy, but won 25-23. 2nd set they woke up and SVSM fell back, 25-16.

Most highly anticipated D1 semi since maybe 2016? Can't think of another season that had the two heavy favorites set to meet in Semi since then. We saw how that played out for that winner...

Lib takes set 1 25-19
X takes set 2 25-16
X takes set 3 25-13
I’m off to a grad party. Out for updates.

Last edited:
X started about as slow as they could, but they’ve been imposing their will since a little run at the end of the 1st set
OH#2 for X rolled his ankle on the third point of the natch which forced them to call a timeout. He missed several points and I think that caused them to have a little chaos which led to dropping the first set. They were CLEARLY the better / deeper team and to be honest don’t think it was very close.

OH#2 for X rolled his ankle on the third point of the natch which forced them to call a timeout. He missed several points and I think that caused them to have a little chaos which led to dropping the first set. They were CLEARLY the better / deeper team and to be honest don’t think it was very close.
Even before he did that they were just a little off and slow. At that point, I think they were looking ahead to the next 3 sets. And I agree; it was nowhere near close after that. The fact that X was able to get some backups in is insane

Even before he did that they were just a little off and slow. At that point, I think they were looking ahead to the next 3 sets. And I agree; it was nowhere near close after that. The fact that X was able to get some backups in is insane
He rolled his ankle on the third point of the game….? How could anyone possibly say they looked off in 3 points lol that clearly threw them off their game and they struggled over the next 10-15 points before settling in a bit.