2024 Federal League

I get Lake not wanting to over schedule. With the whole levy situation you didn't know what was going to happen. Lake has to be careful in the future scheduling, that levy was only good for 5 years. So in 5 years they are right back in the same boat having to pass a levy or going to $1000 to play a sport

I know this is a football board but since yinz are talking about other sports....

Good Luck to Perry alum David Carr as he competes in the NCAA wrestling finals tonight.

Greater Cleveland Conference (7 teams)-54 Championships
All American Conference (5 teams)- 16 Championships
Suburban League American (8 teams)-28 Championships
Suburban League National (8 teams)-61 Championships. 25 were won by Brecksville Gymnastics.
Since certain people didn't know that the Suburban League was 2 separate conferences, I thought I'd list the teams in these conferences.
GCC: Brunswick, Euclid, Medina, Mentor, Strongsville, Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights.
AAC: Austintown Fitch, Boardman, Canfield, Howland, Warren Harding
SL National: Brecksville, Hudson, North Royalton, Nordonia, Solon, Stow, Twinsburg, Wadsworth
SL American: Aurora, Barberton, Copley, Cuyahoga Falls, Medina Highland, Kent Roosevelt, Revere, Tallmadge

I get Lake not wanting to over schedule. With the whole levy situation you didn't know what was going to happen. Lake has to be careful in the future scheduling, that levy was only good for 5 years. So in 5 years they are right back in the same boat having to pass a levy or going to $1000 to play a sport
I think it’s important for all Federal League schools to schedule with keeping finances in mind more than ever. I would think trying to limit travel and trying to schedule well attended games should be prioritized more than ever.

This is his 6th year. He's a 5-time All American with 1 redshirt year in 2019 and an extra year due to COVID
He was named All American in 2020 (COVID year) due to his seeding prior to the tournament.
2021 NCAA Champion
2022 NCAA 3rd
2023 NCAA Runner up
2024 NCAA Finalist
I hate all this covid year crap, but that is an impressive career.

This post does absolutely nothing to disprove the post that started this whole back and forth.

Striker said that. "The fed is respectable in many sports, but football has rarely been one of them."

Furthermore, those championships that McKinley won are impressive, what's even more impressive is your attempt to make it look like they happened during their federal league days.
They didn't win 2 state titles in Boys basketball as a Fed member? Girls basketball title? State runner up in football?

Before comparing to other conferences I'd adjust McKinley's actual numbers of titles won while in the fed
I'm not doing any adjusting, especially since more than half of the Suburban League joined in 2015, the GCC formed in 2015, and the AAC formed in 2008 with 19 former members already.

Your opinion would hold a lot more value if you were a fan of a team in a conference or if you knew anything about the local conferences.

Last edited:
I'm not doing any adjusting, especially since more than half of the Suburban League joined in 2015, the GCC formed in 2015, and the AAC formed in 2008 with 19 former members already.

Your opinion would hold a lot more value if your were a fan of a team in a conference or if you knew anything about the local conferences.
So the numbers you've posted for all of the leagues are inaccurate?

If the levy is in the same ball park, I think it’ll be fine. As long as things don’t continue to get worse in that 5 year span.

Striker said that. "The fed is respectable in many sports, but football has rarely been one of them."
Hoover was the undisputed king of the old Fed (pre-McKinley) in football. And they were a force in the playoffs too. Missed out on a D1 title because of a wide left field goal attempt. The population decline in North Canton has definitely taken away some of the luster.

The story of the Fed has been that they're an out, but not an easy out. I'd say that's respectable. Better than most NEOH D1/D2 teams. Perry remained attached to Wakefield way too long and Lake and GlenOak go through long down periods. Jackson just can't get out of their own way for whatever reason.

Hoover was the undisputed king of the old Fed (pre-McKinley) in football. And they were a force in the playoffs too. Missed out on a D1 title because of a wide left field goal attempt. The population decline in North Canton has definitely taken away some of the luster.

The story of the Fed has been that they're an out, but not an easy out. I'd say that's respectable. Better than most NEOH D1/D2 teams. Perry remained attached to Wakefield way too long and Lake and GlenOak go through long down periods. Jackson just can't get out of their own way for whatever reason.
You're one of the few fed fans posters I respect so I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

North Canton today isn't in the same conversation as 84 Hoover. Perry has declined at a fast pace (botched hire), Jackson never was, GlenOak had a short run but who knows if the can rebound, especially with McKinley continuing to snag their better players....and McKinley is a shadow of a shadow of their former selves. What, if anything do you see out of these schools makes you think they can reclaim former successes?

The consensus on Massillon pre '23 was that despite all of their accomplishments from 72 to 22, their lack of a title made it all moot. The fed league has had many members since 72 and still no titles to show. What's "respectable" to one may not necessarily be "respectful to another.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: y2h
Your one of the few fed fans posters I respect so I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

North Canton today isn't in the same conversation as 84 Hoover. Perry has declined at a fast pace (botched hire), Jackson never was, GlenOak had a short run but who knows if the can rebound, especially with McKinley continuing to snag their better players....and McKinley is a shadow of a shadow of their former selves. What, if anything do you see out of these schools makes you think they can reclaim former successes?

The consensus on Massillon pre '23 was that despite all of their accomplishments from 72 to 22, their lack of a title made it all moot. The fed league has had many members since 72 and still no titles to show. What's "respectable" to one may not necessarily be "respectful to another.
Well personally I've never believed Massillon's accomplishments didn't mean anything just in the same way Ohio State went 30 or 40 years without a championship until they got one in '02.

Far as the Fed teams... if Lake goes pay-to-play, that's devastating because they have big numbers and have recently reclaimed some of their 90s glory when they went to the semifinals three or four times. I do think out of everybody else someone will pop up. I do not believe it will be McKinley for a lot of reasons. Whomever it is, it'll be an all-sports school. Jackson, GlenOak, or Green. Green already has but we'll see if it's sustainable.

Well personally I've never believed Massillon's accomplishments didn't mean anything just in the same way Ohio State went 30 or 40 years without a championship until they got one in '02.

Far as the Fed teams... if Lake goes pay-to-play, that's devastating because they have big numbers and have recently reclaimed some of their 90s glory when they went to the semifinals three or four times. I do think out of everybody else someone will pop up. I do not believe it will be McKinley for a lot of reasons. Whomever it is, it'll be an all-sports school. Jackson, GlenOak, or Green. Green already has but we'll see if it's sustainable.
What do you mean by "someone will pop up?" Pop up to....what? Respectability? Dominance? And I agree that it won't be McKinley.

What do you mean by "someone will pop up?" Pop up to....what? Respectability? Dominance? And I agree that it won't be McKinley.
Someone who is a consistent threat. That's what the Fed has been lacking for 10-15 years in football. The type of team that doesn't have a losing season for a long stretch and can compete consistently in the playoffs.

No one expects a loon to understand what respectable means.

The league carries more respect from outside Stark Co than Massillon does. HA!!!!!
Exactly, I said in an earlier posts, what's respectable to one person may not be respectable to another. I'm sure I'll be banned from this thread soon but since we're being honest....your schedules play a big role in the questions surrounding this subject. No need to call names.

I absolutely do not agree with your last statement.

Last edited by a moderator: