2024 D2 Early Outlook

Aren’t they do for a down year like St. X, Elder, Moeller or Mentor or are they just loaded for the foreseeable future and if so, how do you know that? Or is it simply implying that no public school can compete with a private school in D3?

We're just predicting here. If TCC stays in D3 I see #1 wire to wire. Feel free to make your own. I'll stick with Ed in D1. D2 more open between Avon, Massillon, Hoban. Add TCC if they squeak back in, followed by R8 winner. I consider Glenville a lock in D4 also if they stay there.

4-7. 4-6. 2-8. Two of those 10 wins over a D6 team. Only one of the other 8 over a team with a winning record.

I think he has
You can post the records from the last three years. But what you’re probably not aware of is most of those losses were in overtime. Seven games I believe and other games with the exception of about five were all winnable. So the records are a little bit deceiving.

You can post the records from the last three years. But what you’re probably not aware of is most of those losses were in overtime. Seven games I believe and other games with the exception of about five were all winnable.
7 of 21 (it's 6, but whatever) is most?

And of those 6 OT losses, only one was to a team that finished with a winning record.

I think Warren G. Harding is still DII? If so don't sleep on Matty Rich and company. Lets go RAIDERS!

There's still Warren connections on Hoban's roster (parents) & staff right now. If they were to come "home," that's one thing, but I'm not expecting a "mass exodus" from Hoban to Harding.

I think that was a big key that got Massillon to next level, and that is what I hope for Warren. Build it they will come. By they I mean Warren guys (players and coaches) with good coaching experience. That is what you see on Moores staff. It did not start out that way.

Kings return their entire offense and everyone on defense except 2 players. With the sophmore qb having a year under his belt, I look for the Knight's to contend in region 8.

I think that was a big key that got Massillon to next level, and that is what I hope for Warren. Build it they will come. By they I mean Warren guys (players and coaches) with good coaching experience. That is what you see on Moores staff. It did not start out that way.

It’s definitely a process that won’t happen overnight. Moore was a proven program builder before he got to Massillon. Matty Rich’s first run at Harding began in 2000 (same year that Thom McDaniels got here) so that he could help develop Maurice Clarett. After him, he went on to develop several other great backs here. Now, he’s an established coach who has proven that he knows what it takes to win at every level and in any capacity.

Leaving an established program like Hoban couldn’t have been easy and it will/would be an even harder decision for anybody else, so I won’t hold my breath on that. In any event, I do think that Harding is headed in the right direction.

I think I read somewhere Tcc lost a lot from last year. Hoban and Massillon lose some big time studs but also return a good amount of studs. Ever year it comes down to the same basic 5 or so teams in D2. Massillon, Hoban, Avon Tcc and one of Winton Woods, Lasalle, Anderson in region 8.This next year will most likely be the same teams in the hunt for the D2 state championship.
Isn't tcc d3

A great 2023 season in D2 ended with the Massillon Tigers topping the Hoban Knights for the championship.

2024 is here and D2 is likely to be another fun ride again, especially if Toledo Central Catholic returns to the division. For now the Irish are D3. Open for discussion in the thread, of course, but I’ll leave them out of the initial rankings for now.

Once again, I see a big three…a notch above the rest.

1. Massillon - defending champs until beaten

2. Hoban - will be formidable as always

3. Avon - loaded with returning talent

Who fills out the rest of the top ten? Will anyone break up the top three?
Avon is going to be a handful this year.