2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

9th & JV teams were loaded. Add to The mix the up and coming freshman phenom Baron Phipps! Should be at the top of the league next season. Dustin Eads will have this program turned around in no time. The old gang is coming back to Lebanon road. Richardson,McGraw, Brady, McConnaughey let’s go! As you can tell I’m excited about this hire. #golow
I can't tell if this is real or a kid making me look stupid for interacting with them! Either way, best of luck to CM

I’m pretty sure no one here knows what they are talking about. Connelly is no longer w the program so I would not think he is a candidate since he has not been retained…
All of the assistants are still listed on the website while the head coach is vacant. I know that doesn't mean anything, but if they're all gone, then remove them all.

Someone still has to run the basketball program even in the off-season, especially with June scrimmages and camps coming up in 3 weeks. My guess is that some of these coaches are still putting in work. Someone has to plan for June.

Higgins will be taking a serious Pay Cut going to LaSalle! Be strange, an X guy at LaSalle and a LaSalle guy at X! I’m assuming Higgins will send his son to LaSalle if he is the Coach there.
LaSalle reached out through back channels to a couple bigger coaching names in Cincinnati, a couple of GMC and CHL dudes. However their inability to pay top dollar makes it tough for them, especially when there are guys out there making six figures. If Higgins takes the job, it will be strictly about basketball and not monetary.

All of the assistants are still listed on the website while the head coach is vacant. I know that doesn't mean anything, but if they're all gone, then remove them all.

Someone still has to run the basketball program even in the off-season, especially with June scrimmages and camps coming up in 3 weeks. My guess is that some of these coaches are still putting in work. Someone has to plan for June.
They kept 3 assistants 2 who work at the school in another capacity and 1 from outside the school. I believe the JV head coach was retained, not sure about the Freshman.

LaSalle reached out through back channels to a couple bigger coaching names in Cincinnati, a couple of GMC and CHL dudes. However their inability to pay top dollar makes it tough for them, especially when there are guys out there making six figures. If Higgins takes the job, it will be strictly about basketball and not monetary.
Guessing one of those GMC calls was to Tim Austing (and Rooks and Hill from the CHL). Can't blame them for trying.

Are Rooks and Hill near the 100k mark?

Last edited:
They kept 3 assistants 2 who work at the school in another capacity and 1 from outside the school. I believe the JV head coach was retained, not sure about the Freshman.
In situations like that, will the new head coach have the power to bring in his own JV coach? Or will LaSalle make it known "this is your JV coach"? Might make it even tougher to land an experienced coach because they are going to want to make their own coaching decisions.

In situations like that, will the new head coach have the power to bring in his own JV coach? Or will LaSalle make it known "this is your JV coach"? Might make it even tougher to land an experienced coach because they are going to want to make their own coaching decisions.
No clue. Wondering if the JV coach is a possible candidate and the other 2 are already in the building so keep them around to run “open gyms” or whatever.

Can't see any of the mentioned people move. Higgins keeps getting mentioned. He is on staff at HHS. Give up 25 years of STRS to go to LaSalle? Hill has a great position at IHill. Will finish top two in CHL every year and the potential of tournament success.

As an Alum I regretfully agree, Brian is a great guy, not a good AD. I think it’s time for some new leadership in the Athletic Department.

I also thought for sure they’d give Pat one more, just to give CJ another season to prove himself. I believe CJ is going to be a great Head Coach. I whole heartedly believe CJ is their #1 choice, but I like to play this game too. What if he says no? Where would I like to see them go from there?

Not Happening:
Ryan Fleming, St. X
Matt Rooks, Wyoming
Mike Price, Oak Hills

Long Shot:
Kevin Higgins, Hamilton
Tim Austing, Sycamore

Realistic Shot:
Brian Neal, Ex-Roger Bacon
Tim Monahan, McNicholas
Scott Kerr, Little Miami
Long shot, becomes home run hire.

Also, having Monahan listed as realistic was laughable.

Last edited:
9th & JV teams were loaded. Add to The mix the up and coming freshman phenom Baron Phipps! Should be at the top of the league next season. Dustin Eads will have this program turned around in no time. The old gang is coming back to Lebanon road. Richardson,McGraw, Brady, McConnaughey let’s go! As you can tell I’m excited about this hire. #golow
1631Caddie, I appreciate your excitement but I think you could have made your point without including the name of an 8th grader. I don't know if Yappi allows you to edit comments but I would appreciate it if you would remove the name from your post and replace it with something about the success of the 8th grade team.