2024 Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goaltending was overturned because when the elder player went up with it, the guy guarding him tipped it and the second guy blocked it after it hit the backboard. Legal block.
That’s interesting, I just saw the ball hit the backboard, didn’t see the top. Kudos to the refs for consulting and getting it right.

The crew from last night was taking some heat but they ultimately got both controversial calls correct.

Elder will face the winner of Huber Heights Wayne vs. Lebanon in the District finals. The Warriors face the Warriors on 4/4 at Centerville.

The District finals will be played on March 10 at XU.
I saw this article today about Lebanon who could be Elder's opponent in the district finals.

This season, Lebanon (13-10), the No. 10 seed, plays No. 4 Huber Heights Wayne (16-8) in a Division I district semifinal at 7:45 p.m. March 4 at Centerville. Lebanon upset Clayton Northmont 59-53 Feb. 28.

Lebanon features sophomore 6-foot-7 forward Anthony Thompson, who averages 15.2 points and 8.2 rebounds this season.

He has several scholarship offers including the University of Texas, University of Cincinnati, Ohio State, Indiana, Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Kent State and Ohio.

I saw this article today about Lebanon who could be Elder's opponent in the district finals.

Totally forgot Elder played Lebanon at the beginning of the year. So Elder has wins over either of their potential next opponents. That has to be a good place to be.

Really shows Schoenfeld knows what he’s doing, huh?

Coach Joe is a great coach with a great staff. I thought he was deserving of GCL Coach of the Year. I don't know why coach of the year always has to go to the coach of the GCL champion team.

Also, Elder will be rematched with Wayne who beat Lebanon in OT with a 3 at the buzzer.

I’ll be there but I’ve had other people ask me if there’s an audio broadcast for today’s game?

Wayne is a really good team, a lot better than the Fairmount team they beat last yr up in Dayton. Impressive win for Elder to pretty much dominate this game from the tip.

Elder needs to push their offense out into the fast break. They cannot fall into the trap of the last 2 games where they try to grind it out in the HC. Moe’s length will shut them down.

The officiating will be big too. If Crybaby Carl gets his way and the officials let Moe do whatever they want, like today vs Springboro, then Elder has no chance.

For context, Moe shot 27 FTs to Springboro’s 0. And with how Moe plays D, if they get those calls, they can’t be beat.

JS can’t let Crybaby Carl control the refs.

For context, Moe shot 27 FTs to Springboro’s 0. And with how Moe plays D, if they get those calls, they can’t be beat.

JS can’t let Crybaby Carl control the refs.
I actually saw a post that Springboro shot 4 FT's (but made 0)

Moe is certainly the better basketball team, but Elder can win this game. Going to take a good game from every player. Elder was winning 31-20 AT Moeller in the third quarter the first time they played. Let's Go Panthers!

I actually saw a post that Springboro shot 4 FT's (but made 0)

Moe is certainly the better basketball team, but Elder can win this game. Going to take a good game from every player. Elder was winning 31-20 AT Moeller in the third quarter the first time they played. Let's Go Panthers!
Correct. Springboro went 0-4 from the FT line. Moe went 13-21 from the FT line. This was because Springboro had nobody inside to match up with the size/length Moe has, and fouled them constantly.

And then on offense, Springboro chucked up 24 three pointers. Springboro made a bunch of those 3s early on to stay in it, but that ended at halftime. Springboro scored 7 points in the second half.

Wayne is a really good team, a lot better than the Fairmount team they beat last yr up in Dayton. Impressive win for Elder to pretty much dominate this game from the tip.
I believe Elder was 1 for 1 (Johnson) from 3’s today. A complete dominance inside. Johnson and Brass had field days. This won’t work against Moeller. I believe Johnson was scoreless in the last matchup. But great game plan today by JS.

I believe Elder was 1 for 1 (Johnson) from 3’s today. A complete dominance inside. Johnson and Brass had field days. This won’t work against Moeller. I believe Johnson was scoreless in the last matchup. But great game plan today by JS.
I think Elder was 1 of 4. I remember they were at 0% into the 3rd quarter and then Johnson hit one. I then saw 25% on the scoreboard in the arena.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.