2024 Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakota West’s starting lineup is 1 senior, 2 juniors, and 2 freshmen. In the stretch run, they’ve tightened their rotation from 10 to 7, and the 2 guys off the bench are a senior and a sophomore. Both freshmen (Tyson and Curry) are future D1 players, with Bryce Curry likely a top 50 recruit. The coach’s son, Meade-Moss is an elite outside shooter and their center LJ Green is a 6’6” guy that can finish with both hands. The older brother and older cousin of the two freshmen are the two primary ball handlers and are both good at getting to the rim. West rarely takes any shot other than a layup/dunk or a 3 and are very efficient offensively, mainly by getting out in transition. Elder just has to get back on defense, keep them in front, and know where Meade-Moss is outside the arc. Lakota West is not great defensively and will over-extend on pressure. Elder can’t be afraid to rip it and go and play fast. I think it will be close, but Elder wins a game in the 50s.
Well, hopefully he moves on to some kind of bball academy in the future.

Is there anyway to stream the game tonight?
ENN will have an audio stream on EHSports.com.

I don't know if there will be a video stream or not. NFHSNetwork.com shows there will be video "published by Fairfield" which means their Hudl cam will likely stream the game without audio or an on screen scoreboard.
Stand by on video stream info...

There will be a live video stream from the ENN team on EHSports.com and the EHS Mobile sports app: https://www.ehsports.com/News/2bd3c5a5-55b9-4920-b9ae-01f34569acbb/

Last edited:
Watching warm ups, the both baskets seem really loose. You can hear the clank in the stands. Still a nice gym

Last edited:
Lakota West is having to extend pressure now that they're down and they simply can't guard Williams or Johnson one-on-one without the help there. Elder can put this game away for good early in the 4th.

This officiating crew is so bad. That technical on Elder was completely un-necessary. Zero attempt to separate players and they go straight to a technical.

This officiating crew is so bad. That technical on Elder was completely un-necessary. Zero attempt to separate players and they go straight to a technical.
I think it was justified, I could see him jawing at a LW player after the foul. I get emotions are high but you can’t do that, especially in front of the refs

Agree. Disappointed that JS did not yank him for the yapping T; small student section surprised me too. VG job shredding LW's 'catch up' Def.

I think it was justified, I could see him jawing at a LW player after the foul. I get emotions are high but you can’t do that, especially in front of the refs
I agree that it was a justified T. McDonald got his money's worth in whatever he said.

Elder will face the winner of Huber Heights Wayne vs. Lebanon in the District finals. The Warriors face the Warriors on 4/4 at Centerville.

The District finals will be played on March 10 at XU.

Elder will face the winner of Huber Heights Wayne vs. Lebanon in the District finals. The Warriors face the Warriors on 4/4 at Centerville.

The District finals will be played on March 10 at XU.
Elder should win against whoever they get at districts. I know their game with Wayne was close earlier in the year, but Elder was on the verge of running them out of the gym and then fell asleep. Wayne isn't better than Lakota West, and they just smoked Lakota West. Elder should be able to get their 3rd crack at Moeller in the regional.

It was a strange game. The first 2.5 qtrs were tight, then all of the sudden Elder got a few stops and blew the game open.

Elder seemed bothered by West’s D early in the game but when they got some breathing room, they settled down on Offense and got into a good rhythm.

Of course, the Defense was lights out. Curry clearly has the talent to be an elite college level recruit, but Elder had him wrapped up pretty well. They also did a very good job communicating on switches and rarely giving West an open shot.

Need an explanation for why the goal tend was overturned.
The goaltending was overturned because when the elder player went up with it, the guy guarding him tipped it and the second guy blocked it after it hit the backboard. Legal block.

Status
Not open for further replies.