2024 Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Estep hit a 3 late in the game. He did dress.
Delusional- yes, I said that because Omar thinks Elder has limitations.
This team is 18-4, two of the losses coming to Moeller (#1 team in the state).
2 of the top 3 scorers in the GCL wear purple. Top 10 team in the state.
Reading his posts it makes it sound like they are 4-18.

JV team was 10-2 before top 2 players went down for the season with injury. Tough to over come with a class that does not have a ton of depth.
They will be just fine the next couple of years with a combination of current Frosh, Sophs and JRs.

Yes, Estep hit a 3 late in the game. He did dress.
Delusional- yes, I said that because Omar thinks Elder has limitations.
This team is 18-4, two of the losses coming to Moeller (#1 team in the state).
2 of the top 3 scorers in the GCL wear purple. Top 10 team in the state.
Reading his posts it makes it sound like they are 4-18.

JV team was 10-2 before top 2 players went down for the season with injury. Tough to over come with a class that does not have a ton of depth.
They will be just fine the next couple of years with a combination of current Frosh, Sophs and JRs.

How many of those 10 wins were vs good teams? Im guessing none bc outside of the GCL, most schools are playing the best Sophs on Varsity.

I’m guessing you have a kid on the team, which is why you’re so defensive. I have no personal attachment, I’m giving my opinion without any bias. Estep was the best player on JV, he’ll be Elder’s 2nd best player next yr.

Also, the leading scorer metric is flawed. Those averages were inflated early in the yr. Lately, Elder has struggled on Offense. Defense has been outstanding but that only gets you so far.

No kid on the team. My kids have been gone for a decade. I dont like to write kids off as early as you seem to, or build kids up as early as you do.
Elder coaches to the strengths of their team. You act like they have D1 athletes running up and down the floor. They have 1-2 kids on current varsity roster that will play college ball at any level, and they consistently compete against the top teams in the state. Do they have flaws, yes, but they will get kids on those lower levels to play. If Estep is the best kid at that age then he is. I am not the one to judge that. Elder will figure it out. They always do- I am sure if they go on a run and things fall their way,and make it to state you will find something wrong with how they got there!

No kid on the team. My kids have been gone for a decade. I dont like to write kids off as early as you seem to, or build kids up as early as you do.
Elder coaches to the strengths of their team. You act like they have D1 athletes running up and down the floor. They have 1-2 kids on current varsity roster that will play college ball at any level, and they consistently compete against the top teams in the state. Do they have flaws, yes, but they will get kids on those lower levels to play. If Estep is the best kid at that age then he is. I am not the one to judge that. Elder will figure it out. They always do- I am sure if they go on a run and things fall their way,and make it to state you will find something wrong with how they got there!
I understand they’re not uber talented. However, unlike Football, you can win without having tons of talent. You just have to shoot the ball well, but this Elder team is way too streaky.

Elder team this season shows good results, despite some instability in the game.
Of course, there are questions about the offensive play and accuracy of shots from long range. But on the other hand, the high level of play on defense compensates for these shortcomings. I think the team has the potential to improve results.

Elder team this season shows good results, despite some instability in the game.
Of course, there are questions about the offensive play and accuracy of shots from long range. But on the other hand, the high level of play on defense compensates for these shortcomings. I think the team has the potential to improve results.
At the HS level, being skilled offensively is at more of a premium than Defense. Not that Defense isn’t important, bc it’s clear you can win games by playing strong D when the gap in talent is fairly large.

Assuming Elder wins tonight and if West beats Princeton, does that mean Saturday’s game will be at West? That really doesn’t seem fair with Elder being the higher seed.

Assuming Elder wins tonight and if West beats Princeton, does that mean Saturday’s game will be at West? That really doesn’t seem fair with Elder being the higher seed.
No. The game will be moved. Likely to Fairfield.

Other parts of the state allow higher seeded schools to host the first two rounds but the SWDAB has a rule against games on a team’s home court.

Last edited:
No. The game will be moved. Likely to Fairfield.

Other parts of the state allow higher seeded schools to host the first two rounds but the SWDAB has a rule against games on a team’s home court.
If you click on the Lakota West vs Princeton game site/Contact Info it says Fairfield

If you click on the click on the Anderson vs Little Miami game site/Contact Info it says Lakota West.

Lakota West beat Princeton 69-57 tonight meaning Elder's game vs. the Firebirds will need to find a new location. Since there's also a sectional final scheduled for the same date and time (Friday, 3/1 at 7:00 PM) at Fairfield it'll be easiest to swap the locations with Elder vs. Lakota West at Fairfield and Moeller vs. Little Miami at Lakota West.

Lakota West beat Princeton 69-57 tonight meaning Elder's game vs. the Firebirds will need to find a new location. Since there's also a sectional final scheduled for the same date and time (Friday, 3/1 at 7:00 PM) at Fairfield it'll be easiest to swap the locations with Elder vs. Lakota West at Fairfield and Moeller vs. Little Miami at Lakota West.
West is a very young team (start 3 Sophs) that’s starting to get hot. This will be a very tough game for Elder.

West also has one of the most dynamic Frosh (2027) in the state/country in Bryce Curry. Already has offers from big time schools and is a 6'3 guard. Will be interesting to see who Elder puts on him defensively.

West also has one of the most dynamic Frosh (2027) in the state/country in Bryce Curry. Already has offers from big time schools and is a 6'3 guard. Will be interesting to see who Elder puts on him defensively.
I'd guess the GCL co-defensive player of the year (Murphy).

You’re right, it’s 2 Sophs and a Frosh that start.

This is a very good basketball team that plays excellent team basketball - I just hope their inability to consistently hit free throws doesn't cost them in the end.

Elder should be fine. Their half court D will frustrate the young West players. If Elder goes 3-13 from the line that will kill them.

You’re right, it’s 2 Sophs and a Frosh that start.
Lakota West’s starting lineup is 1 senior, 2 juniors, and 2 freshmen. In the stretch run, they’ve tightened their rotation from 10 to 7, and the 2 guys off the bench are a senior and a sophomore. Both freshmen (Tyson and Curry) are future D1 players, with Bryce Curry likely a top 50 recruit. The coach’s son, Meade-Moss is an elite outside shooter and their center LJ Green is a 6’6” guy that can finish with both hands. The older brother and older cousin of the two freshmen are the two primary ball handlers and are both good at getting to the rim. West rarely takes any shot other than a layup/dunk or a 3 and are very efficient offensively, mainly by getting out in transition. Elder just has to get back on defense, keep them in front, and know where Meade-Moss is outside the arc. Lakota West is not great defensively and will over-extend on pressure. Elder can’t be afraid to rip it and go and play fast. I think it will be close, but Elder wins a game in the 50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.