2024 Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have any inside knowledge but if he could possibly be Elder’s starting QB the next 3 yrs, he might not be playing bball after this yr. Why not use him while you know for certain you have him?
He is the second best basketball player in the school. He has to play.

They are not going to play a kid meaningful minutes as a FROSH who hasn’t played in a varsity game all year in the tournament. It’s just insane to think otherwise. He will get his time next year.

Elder brings guys up every year from JV and some Frosh to mainly practice with the team during the playoff run. Does not mean they will get quality minutes in a game. You can only roster so many guys in OHSAA. There are a few current Sophs and Frosh that will play alot of minutes next season. Some out of default, a few because they belong. You only have 6 JRs coming back which only 2-3 of them played quality minutes this season. Team will be very young next year and have to rely on Cam a bunch.

I don’t recall it being meaningful minutes, but here’s a freshman who made his varsity debut in the tournament.

1708363659648.jpeg

(No, I’m not comparing Estep to Rudolph.)

Just my opinion. I’ve saw many games. There are only two kids that can/will create their own shot. Williams and Estep. We could use him in spots.

They are not going to play a kid meaningful minutes as a FROSH who hasn’t played in a varsity game all year in the tournament. It’s just insane to think otherwise. He will get his time next year.
They should. The bench isn’t getting it done.

Elder brings guys up every year from JV and some Frosh to mainly practice with the team during the playoff run. Does not mean they will get quality minutes in a game. You can only roster so many guys in OHSAA. There are a few current Sophs and Frosh that will play alot of minutes next season. Some out of default, a few because they belong. You only have 6 JRs coming back which only 2-3 of them played quality minutes this season. Team will be very young next year and have to rely on Cam a bunch.
I’m not sure more than 2 Sophs/rising Jrs should even make Varsity next yr. More sophs should be on the roster than juniors.

It is a big offseason for both groups to see who develops, grows and gets stronger. I am sure the coaching staff will reach out to you when it is time for evaluations next year.

It is a big offseason for both groups to see who develops, grows and gets stronger. I am sure the coaching staff will reach out to you when it is time for evaluations next year.
I’m just being honest, there’s not much to work with in the Soph/Rising Jr Class. It’s evident by them not winning a single GCL game on the Frosh & JV level.

It’s best to play the Sophs, take your lumps in ‘24-‘25 and build on things going into ‘25-‘26.

Exactly. Realistically, this is a move they would have needed to make a few weeks ago for meaningful minutes.

Then they’ll lose early in the tournament. They are not a good Offensive team.
Nobody in the city is a good offensive team. I think they make District with a shot to make regional. After that they would run into Moe and it’s probably over. They aren’t going to take minutes away from somebody for a kid that’s a FROSH. He’s not ready for varsity at this level anyway.

Nobody in the city is a good offensive team. I think they make District with a shot to make regional. After that they would run into Moe and it’s probably over. They aren’t going to take minutes away from somebody for a kid that’s a FROSH. He’s not ready for varsity at this level anyway.
He’s the best player on JV, who cares if he’s a Frosh?

Audio only ENN stream for tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.