2024 Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice win tonight. X has an improved team. Their basketball team has underachieved for probably a decade now. It's still always good to beat them.

Oak Hills got an upset win over Sycamore tonight. With RPI ratings now being used instead of coaches voting on seeds this should help Elder's ranking in that it gives the Aviators just their second loss of the season and slightly improves Elder's opponent winning percentage.

This video work is great, but does anyone else roll their eyes at the pregame spectacle high school teams put on these days with the lighting and everything? Or am I finally just getting old?
Elder can and should do better with the PA announcer at games. My kids school does a grade school basketball tournament and you would think it was the NBA Championship. Just play the game.

Elder can and should do better with the PA announcer at games. My kids school does a grade school basketball tournament and you would think it was the NBA Championship. Just play the game.
Haha. Some were/are okay. A few years ago, I was told by the director of one of those type tournaments that added player introductions/scoring announcements were done because so many kids would never get a chance to have that in HS.

Curious what Elder does on the road against Fairmont tonight. Elder is more athletic than Fairmont, but Fairmont is well-coached, moves the ball well, can shoot, and rotate well defensively. They just don't have athletes.

You should go directly to the Sports Book. It was 45-36
Good win for the Panthers, the officiating was awful again in GCL. We got the benefit of the calls, those offensive charge calls against ST. X and the one against us was horrid. Elder kids looked like NBA Floppers, great atmosphere. Elder can make a run in the tournament.

St X has a bright future in basketball with their current Junior and Sophomore classes. Only Elder’s toughness won this game.
I agree with this statement. Younger classes are really good and their Varsity looks a lot better. Teams seem tougher overall, however Elder toughness won the night on Varsity.

Good win for the Panthers, the officiating was awful again in GCL. We got the benefit of the calls, those offensive charge calls against ST. X and the one against us was horrid. Elder kids looked like NBA Floppers, great atmosphere. Elder can make a run in the tournament.
I've watched several of the GCL-S games on the video streams this year, and I have to agree that the officiating has been terrible. These refs have no idea how to referee such physical play with any consistently. It's actually shocking how bad they've been (they're literally 3 for 3 in awful games when Moeller is playing). I always had heard the GCL games get officiated better than the GMC games, but I don't believe that for a second this year. Just so the refs come tournament time are good, and they have been the past few years. Elder got a lot more fouls called against them against Fairmont on Saturday, but they adjusted to how the game was being called, stopped fouling in the 2nd half, and still put the clamps on them.

Elder loses to Moe. Cam Williams was the Panthers only consistent offense as the Moe length really bothered Elder.

The Crusaders look to be the best team in the region right now. The good news is, if Elder can finish strong against Wyoming and LaSalle, they should garner the overall #2 seed and avoid Moe for quite some time in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Elder picked up two losses last night in the MaxPrep's RPI rankings the OHSAA uses. As of now, Elder's loss in December to IMG Academy's Gold team now counts whereas it previously hadn't.

Elder picked up two losses last night in the MaxPrep's RPI rankings the OHSAA uses. As of now, Elder's loss in December to IMG Academy's Gold team now counts whereas it previously hadn't.
Somehow, Centerville's Moravian Prep game still doesn't count and I was told that their LaLu game on Friday won't count.

as ridiculous as Parent pre-game 'tunnels' for soccer players(n)
I had two daughters play high school and college soccer, I’ve never seen parents “tunnels”. Maybe when they were 4 or 5 years old but don’t recall that even then. Who does this? I hope at the very least it’s not boys HS matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.