2023 TRC football

Never thought Milton would pull that one out. Super job by the team of never giving up and continuing to play until the very end. Northridge is going to be up all night wondering what happened.

Looks like Milton vs Riverside for the title. I’m picking Riverside by 14. Milton seems weak on the pass defense.

Milton seems to be struggling when they give up the type of numbers they did vs Northridge. Good thing for MU that Northrudge doesn’t have any stamina or discipline. Riverside might blow Milton out of the water. The passing game they Riverside has is much like Valley View only not quite as potent.
I’ve been saying Riverside all season. Looks like the Pirates will bring home the TRC trophy.
i don’t see how the Dawgs can keep up. Good luck to everyone.

Milton seems to be struggling when they give up the type of numbers they did vs Northridge. Good thing for MU that Northrudge doesn’t have any stamina or discipline. Riverside might blow Milton out of the water. The passing game they Riverside has is much like Valley View only not quite as potent.
I’ve been saying Riverside all season. Looks like the Pirates will bring home the TRC trophy.
i don’t see how the Dawgs can keep up. Good luck to everyone.
Milton should be doing rain dances all week and hope for a sloppy game, turnovers can be a great equilizer

My gut tells me that Pearce has a trick up his sleeve this week. He’s pretty good in these games.
If Milton can get ahold of a pass defense then they will win. If not, it’s going to be hard to win vs a very good Pirates team.
Milton-Union 19
Riverside 17

Milton gets its 3rd championship in a row and 20th league title overall that dates to the first in 1948 as undefeated SWBL Champs.

My gut tells me that Pearce has a trick up his sleeve this week. He’s pretty good in these games.
If Milton can get ahold of a pass defense then they will win. If not, it’s going to be hard to win vs a very good Pirates team.
Milton-Union 19
Riverside 17

Milton gets its 3rd championship in a row and 20th league title overall that dates to the first in 1948 as undefeated SWBL Champs.
I agree with what you're saying but I don't think Milton will be able to keep up with Riversides offense. Milton will have to force Riverside into a couple of turnovers to win the game.

Milton-Union 19
Riverside 17

I like the optimism. Milton will need their best game of the year Friday night. This game was a blow out last year. Riverside will be looking for revenge.

Playoffs standings for TRC teams:
Region 16; Division 4: both are eliminated.
Region 20; Division 5: Milton-Union 5th place. Clinched spot
Miami East 14th place.
Region 24; Division 6: Troy Christian 19th
Region 28; Division 7: Riverside 3rd. Clinched spot
Lehman 10th
Covington eliminated.

Likely first round opponents:
(7-2) Milton-Union- Middletown Madison (4-5) @Milton
(5-4) Miami East- Brookville (8-1) @Brookville
(8-1) Riverside-St.Henry (2-7) @Riverside
(6-3) Lehman-Cedarville (7-2) @ Cedarville

Playoffs standings for TRC teams:
Region 16; Division 4: both are eliminated.
Region 20; Division 5: Milton-Union 5th place. Clinched spot
Miami East 14th place.
Region 24; Division 6: Troy Christian 19th
Region 28; Division 7: Riverside 3rd. Clinched spot
Lehman 10th
Covington eliminated.
Riverside and Lehman have a tough region with both Ansonia and Marion Local. Should see both get a round 1 win but after that its up in the air. Milton should win the first round but after that could run into issues. Good for Miami East making the playoffs, hopefully they can play Brookville close but the top 3 teams in region 20 seem to have separated themselves from the pack.

League Championship on the line this week with Milton Union taking on Riverside. I think Riverside has a great chance of winning this year. If MU is to keep the game close, they'll need to control the line of scrimmage, get their running game going, and slow the game down. If MU can do that, it'll be a good game throughout. I'll say:

Riverside 28
Milton Union 21

Excited to catch this game tomorrow night in DeGraff. Pirates continue to get better each week. They have so many ways to score, I’m not sure if MU can keep up offensively. My guess:
Riverside 34
MU- 21

Having seen one Riverside game (against Ansonia) they really struggled against the run then got tore apart by the play action game. Ansonia is a physical team like MU which makes me think Milton will win the game.
MU- 27
Riverside- 22

Milton-Union 19
Riverside 17

Far cry from your posts 7-8 weeks ago. Prime example of why you shouldn't come on a message board and publicly blast a group of teenage HS boys and their coaches, I'm sure everyone in West Milton looks forward to your posts and is glad you're back on the bandwagon.

Best of luck to the Pirates tonight!

Riverside 17
Milton 10

Low scoring physical game tonight. Weather could have some say in the outcome. Cold wet football makes for an interesting game.