2023 TRC football

The biggest news from the Riverside Lehman game, was Riverside’s All State QB, 2 times1st tan TRC QB, 4 year starter Myles Platfoot injured his ankle badly Friday early in the 2nd quarter. Had to be carted off, it was rough hearing him scream in pain from the stands. He went up to break up a pass on defense, came down awkwardly on the turf. It was a rough scene. The Pirates backup QB looked more than prepared. He’s a junior. Threw for 3 TDs and had a 40+ yard TD run to ice the game late. Bummed for Platfoot.

The biggest news from the Riverside Lehman game, was Riverside’s All State QB, 2 times1st tan TRC QB, 4 year starter Myles Platfoot injured his ankle badly Friday early in the 2nd quarter. Had to be carted off, it was rough hearing him scream in pain from the stands. He went up to break up a pass on defense, came down awkwardly on the turf. It was a rough scene. The Pirates backup QB looked more than prepared. He’s a junior. Threw for 3 TDs and had a 40+ yard TD run to ice the game late. Bummed for Platfoot.
Platfoot is a quality athlete. Hope he heals quickly.

Week 8:

Miami East @ Riverside
Milton-Union
@ Bethel
Lehman @ Covington
Troy Christian @ Northridge

Troy Christian vs. Northridge seems like the closest game of the week. Although Northridge appears to be tailing off as the season goes on. I'm wondering if Miami East can give Riverside a quality game. Otherwise, the games seem pretty clear this week overall.

Interesting match-ups this week with East vs Riverside and Milton vs. Bethel. Bethel played Lehman and Riverside close, but they also played Ridge close. Either Ridge is pulling it together or Bethel has a tendency to play down to their competition. Should get that answered this week against Milton. East could easily have been 5-2 if not for a trick play by Milton. Competition in this league in a lot closer than it has been in years past.

Week 8:

Miami East @ Riverside
Milton-Union
@ Bethel
Lehman @ Covington
Troy Christian @ Northridge

Troy Christian vs. Northridge seems like the closest game of the week. Although Northridge appears to be tailing off as the season goes on. I'm wondering if Miami East can give Riverside a quality game. Otherwise, the games seem pretty clear this week overall.
Bethel is a head scratcher after losing to Lehman and Riverside by 4, but playing Northridge close. I can see that being close, but can also see it being a blow out in Miltons favor. Either way, a team that plays down to their competition probably won't pull out a close one against a well coached Milton team, have to agree with your picks overall.

I think Miami East could be hard to handle for Riverside. The QB being hurt can make a big difference too. Riverside will most likely pull out the win but don't count out the Vikings. Same deal with Milton and Bethel. Bethel seems to play to their opponents level so they could surprise the bulldogs. Lehman rolls over Covington and TC will win by 2 scores.

I think Miami East could be hard to handle for Riverside. The QB being hurt can make a big difference too. Riverside will most likely pull out the win but don't count out the Vikings. Same deal with Milton and Bethel. Bethel seems to play to their opponents level so they could surprise the bulldogs. Lehman rolls over Covington and TC will win by 2 scores.
How are things going at Miami East? This appears to be a step in the right direction this season. I know many remember Covington and their dominant teams, but Miami East was often their biggest game of the season in the CCC. The Vikings had many playoff caliber teams, teams that competed well with Milton Union.

Covington is suffering from the same thing a lot of schools are suffering from, lazy kids and scared parents. It just shows up at smaller schools faster.
I wouldn't say it's entirely that, demographics of Covington are simply changing. The town is now 40% rental homes (which tend to not produce athletes overall) and all of the good athletes are doing golf and track/XC. They've mostly dominated the TRC in those sports since it's been formed.

Last edited:
I don't think its lazy kids that is the issue at Covington. They have been historically a very decent program for many years, and they just totally fell off the map. I think they need to get back to the drawing board. Get a new coach in there someone that will get buy in from the kids and get Covington back to where they once were. I am not saying that the coach who is there now is not a good coach or couldn't be successful elsewhere, but it just didn't work out at Covington.

I don't think its lazy kids that is the issue at Covington. They have been historically a very decent program for many years, and they just totally fell off the map. I think they need to get back to the drawing board. Get a new coach in there someone that will get buy in from the kids and get Covington back to where they once were. I am not saying that the coach who is there now is not a good coach or couldn't be successful elsewhere, but it just didn't work out at Covington.
The problem isn't the coach with what I hear.

Just saying!!

Which plays right into comments I heard from parents saying their kids were not going to play in the tough new conference.
I didn't hear anything about new conference about parents. Just parents want an easy coach and doesn't make them work hard.

How are things going at Miami East? This appears to be a step in the right direction this season. I know many remember Covington and their dominant teams, but Miami East was often their biggest game of the season in the CCC. The Vikings had many playoff caliber teams, teams that competed well with Milton Union.
They are definitely moving in the right direction. They are a very young team so it looks promising for the future. Players seem to be bought into the new coaching staff and play hard as a result.

They are definitely moving in the right direction. They are a very young team so it looks promising for the future. Players seem to be bought into the new coaching staff and play hard as a result.
This really does no good to even bring up in the first place, but I feel like I want to anyways, lol. You can't help but wonder how good ME could be if they had Enis running the football the last 4 years. I feel like he could have been a difference maker.

Milton, East and Riverside are the 3 top teams. I do not see Riverside losing to anyone this year. Bethel will play Milton tough and the Dogs will have to learn to play tough and mistake free football.
I think this MU-Bethel game will come down to Milton’s secondary vs bethel’s passing game. The Dogs need to pass well and run well vs Bethel on offense.
this won’t be a blow out. Not this years team. Last year, Milton beats everyone including an Enis-led Miami East.
Riverside will handle East easily.

Milton’s unis for tonight. Breast cancer awareness. Great job, Dogs!
IMG_0523.jpeg