2023 TRC football

Well, this thread is very weak again this year.
Week 6:
Covington @ MU
Riverside @ Lehman
TC @ ME
Bethel @ Northridge

Milton over Covington 42-7
Riverside over Lehman 49-14
Miami East over TC 21-14
Bethel over Northridge 28-17

Standings: week 6:
Riverside 5-1; 3-0
Milton-Union 4-2; 3-0
Lehman Catholic 4-2; 2-1
Miami East 3-3; 1-2
Northridge 2-4; 1-2
Troy Christian 2-4; 1-2
Bethel 1-5; 1-2
Covington 0-6; 0-3

Riverside and MU remain tied for 1st. Riverside has a tough game this week VS Lehman.

Well, this thread is very weak again this year.
Week 6:
Covington @ MU
Riverside @ Lehman
TC @ ME
Bethel @ Northridge

Milton over Covington 42-7
Riverside over Lehman 49-14
Miami East over TC 21-14
Bethel over Northridge 28-17
I like the picks. I do think Lehman will keep it closer to Riverside then most will think. They have size and athleticism that can produce on any night. I also think East will win by 2 or more scores. They played Milton tough and will be looking for a nice bounce back game. Bethel will have a good battle with Northridge while Milton has a recovery game against Covington.

Week 7 Picks:

Covington @ MU
Riverside
@ Lehman
TC @ ME
Bethel @ Northridge

I think Milton Union and Miami East both win pretty easily. Northridge should take care of Bethel. I am interested to see if Lehman can put up a fight against Riverside. I wouldn't be surprised to see that be a higher scoring game.

Northridge had a couple of good seasons but they are back to their old ways. Bethel is starting to gel and that was expected. Lehman stands very little chance against this Riverside team. The Pirates are very good and very talented. I don’t see anyone posing much of a threat to them. Milton will end up 7-3 if they play up to par. I think Bethel will be a tough game for them. Covington, Ridge will be “W’s”. Riverside will be a big “L”. It’s the Pirates year. Next year might see Bethel or Miami East win the title. Next year, Milton will be down even more than this year. They open with Versailles and Valley View. 😳. I love the scheduling but the kids aren’t participating like they should. 30 kids on a Milton football team is unheard of.

Lehman has shown the ability to score some points this season. I question whether they can get the stops they need against Riverside, but perhaps they hang around with their offense.

Northridge had a couple of good seasons but they are back to their old ways. Bethel is starting to gel and that was expected. Lehman stands very little chance against this Riverside team. The Pirates are very good and very talented. I don’t see anyone posing much of a threat to them. Milton will end up 7-3 if they play up to par. I think Bethel will be a tough game for them. Covington, Ridge will be “W’s”. Riverside will be a big “L”. It’s the Pirates year. Next year might see Bethel or Miami East win the title. Next year, Milton will be down even more than this year. They open with Versailles and Valley View. 😳. I love the scheduling but the kids aren’t participating like they should. 30 kids on a Milton football team is unheard of.

Why so negative? Milton is doing great for a team that just lost that Senior class. We're ahead of schedule, and if our young roster returns next year I am not sure how they can get worse with our coaching staff. Ye have little faith...

Just because I’m me, and I can’t help but be a pain…. I looked at MU’s roster, 15 of 33 players are upperclassmen, that doesn’t really seem that young.

Just because I’m me, and I can’t help but be a pain…. I looked at MU’s roster, 15 of 33 players are upperclassmen, that doesn’t really seem that young.
I would assume they mean young as in, inexperienced. Last year MU had a large, experienced, very talented, senior class.

Last edited:
Why so negative? Milton is doing great for a team that just lost that Senior class. We're ahead of schedule, and if our young roster returns next year I am not sure how they can get worse with our coaching staff. Ye have little faith...
Why does it matter? It’s one opinion. Negative? I think the kids are losing interest in all extra curricular activities. Just two years ago, Tipp had a band of over 250 kids. I saw less than 30 the other night at Butler.
I have full faith in this coaching staff but they aren’t getting the athletes that they once got. Pearce can only work with what he’s given. Versailles and Valley View will be a very hard beginning to the 24 season. Didn’t Milton have a kid that was a great athlete that quit to Golf? What? Good coach but why couldn’t he do both? Golf….🙄
Both have great participation numbers. I’m hoping the kids rise to the occasion and whip both. You lose some key players from this season. Last years Senior class comes along once every 10-15 years. I think Bret Pearce has done a remarkable job. The kids have to start participating. 30 kids this year in the top 4 grades is telling. It’s the students not wanting to sacrifice. Even Covington is seeing it with their program, which was top-notch just a few years back. Lack of participation is a program killer. You’ll see Bethel surge along with Riverside. Riverside has a very similar community to West Milton yet the kids are participating. Not talking bad about the kids or coaches, please don’t put words into my post that aren’t there. In the end, my opinion means squat.

I think it speaks volumes on Pearce and MU that this is what many will consider a "down" year for the Dogs. They'll finish 7-3 or 8-2 at the very worst, finish first or second in the league, and make the playoffs. Right now, the only disappointing outcome this season could be the loss to Oakwood. And even that loss, maybe it was more of a disappointment how much they lost by verses actually losing.

I have to agree with BEA in his opinion. You think of a school like Milton, that prides itself on its football history, and then only 30 students come out and 15 are Seniors? Something is wrong in our country.
that coach has had some really good teams in his years. My Alma mater is much bigger and we would lose to the Dawgs most years. Not this year, though. 👍. It’s the COVID-effect. 😂😂😂

Bless, since Golf for Milton just finished up. I wonder if that athlete would have any interest in playing Football the last 4-6 games of the season? Or if he would even be allowed ?

Bless, since Golf for Milton just finished up. I wonder if that athlete would have any interest in playing Football the last 4-6 games of the season? Or if he would even be allowed ?
Per state regulations I'm pretty sure it is allowed. Coaches and school rules may vary. I believe it requires a week or two acclimation period for football due to the physical nature of it. I recall a Bethel athlete in 2002 joining the track team following the elimination of the baseball team. His first meet was sectionals. He advanced and ended up placing 6th in state in his primary event of high jump.

Why does it matter? It’s one opinion. Negative? I think the kids are losing interest in all extra curricular activities. Just two years ago, Tipp had a band of over 250 kids. I saw less than 30 the other night at Butler.
I have full faith in this coaching staff but they aren’t getting the athletes that they once got. Pearce can only work with what he’s given. Versailles and Valley View will be a very hard beginning to the 24 season. Didn’t Milton have a kid that was a great athlete that quit to Golf? What? Good coach but why couldn’t he do both? Golf….🙄
Both have great participation numbers. I’m hoping the kids rise to the occasion and whip both. You lose some key players from this season. Last years Senior class comes along once every 10-15 years. I think Bret Pearce has done a remarkable job. The kids have to start participating. 30 kids this year in the top 4 grades is telling. It’s the students not wanting to sacrifice. Even Covington is seeing it with their program, which was top-notch just a few years back. Lack of participation is a program killer. You’ll see Bethel surge along with Riverside. Riverside has a very similar community to West Milton yet the kids are participating. Not talking bad about the kids or coaches, please don’t put words into my post that aren’t there. In the end, my opinion means squat.
Golf really is a great game

I have heard some of the low turn out for the younger class had to do with the middle school coach and a turning a lot of kids away. Not sure how true but it’s something I heard. On another note I do think getting kids to join the team is one of coach Pearce’s biggest problems. A lot of kids slip through the cracks that I think would or could have made great football players. Some of these high school coaches need to convince the kids to play. Isn’t that part of coaching?

I have heard some of the low turn out for the younger class had to do with the middle school coach and a turning a lot of kids away. Not sure how true but it’s something I heard. On another note I do think getting kids to join the team is one of coach Pearce’s biggest problems. A lot of kids slip through the cracks that I think would or could have made great football players. Some of these high school coaches need to convince the kids to play. Isn’t that part of coaching?
It's hard to argue with what Pearce has done at MU. He's consistently produced winning records and league championships. He competed well in a regional title game last year. Personally I'd leave the man alone and let him run his program.

Prior to Pearce, Milton was in the midst of a 15+ year run of futility, and 6 coaches from 84-2000. Pearce has done what none of those guys could do. Outside of Magoteaux, not one had a winning record. Imagine that Milton-Tipp rivalry with Maggie vs Burgbacher. Never happened after the’83 season.
I love this staff and they get 110% out of these kids.

If Lehman had issues with personal fouls last night then they have a leadership problem. Against Milton they were dirty in my opinion
1000% agree. I never thought Lehman acted like a Christian organization. Troy Christian does act like a Christian organization.
Milton had a great opponent for homecoming. It’s sad where Covington has fallen to. Let’s hope they get a new coach and get back to the real Covington.
Riverside keeps rolling along. Pirates are very impressive vs. a strong ooc schedule. The TRC is really weak overall. Just bad. Outside of Riverside and MU, this league is in need of an infusion of competitiveness.
Standings:
Riverside 6-1/4-0
Milton-Union 5-2/4-0
Lehman 4-3/2-2
Miami East 4-3/2-2
Bethel 2-5/2-2
Northridge 2-5/1-3
Troy Christian 2-5/1-3
Covington 0-7/0-4

Week 8:
Miami East @ Riverside
Milton-Union @ Bethel
Lehman @ Covington
Troy Christian @ Northridge

Picks:
Riverside 35-7
Milton-Union 28-20
Lehman 49-0
Troy Christian 22-21

Last edited:
1000% agree. I never thought Lehman acted like a Christian organization. Troy Christian does act like a Christian organization.
Milton had a great opponent for homecoming. It’s sad where Covington has fallen to. Let’s hope they get a new coach and get back to the real Covington.
Riverside keeps rolling along. Pirates are very impressive vs. a strong ooc schedule. The TRC is really weak overall. Just bad. Outside of Riverside and MU, this league is in need of an infusion of competitiveness.
Standings:
Riverside 6-1/4-0
Milton-Union 5-2/4-0
Lehman 4-3/2-2
Miami East 4-3/2-2
Bethel 2-5/2-2
Northridge 2-5/1-3
Troy Christian 2-5/1-3
Covington 0-7/0-4

Week 8:
Miami East @ Riverside
Milton-Union @ Bethel
Lehman @ Covington
Troy Christian @ Northridge

Picks:
Riverside 35-7
Milton-Union 28-20
Lehman 49-0
Troy Christian 22-21
quite the difference between those Christian schools and Catholic schools :)

i mean that in good fun.