2023 SWBL BASKETBALL

Tough district this year, with Preble Shawnee, Miami East and Indian Lake. Should be a fun one when tourney time comes.
Agree those are good teams and favorites to get out. There is four brackets so expect those three to get to districts then you have a group of Tri-Village, Versailles, Anna, Brookville, Dixie, Carlisle that will be 4-9. Based on history expect Versailles to rise to the top of that group.

Agree those are good teams and favorites to get out. There is four brackets so expect those three to get to districts then you have a group of Tri-Village, Versailles, Anna, Brookville, Dixie, Carlisle that will be 4-9. Based on history expect Versailles to rise to the top of that group.
Yeah I would assume the 4th bracket would be a war as most teams will stay away from top 3. Agreed on the history of Versailles but loosing Stonebraker will hurt some. Think come tourney time it will be some good games hopefully.

Monroe preseason looked strong 6-2. Losing to Stebbins by 2 and Northridge by 1, both strong teams losing by scrimmage foul shots. Every other win has been by 20+ most recently beating Piqua by 40. Scoring led by a Senior and having the Junior, Saunders, back at Monroe strengthens the team as well as having one of their strongest players out injured all of November hoping to return next week. New coach is whipping them into shape with expectations on and off the court also doing a great job preparing younger players to play on the varsity stage.

Monroe preseason looked strong 6-2. Losing to Stebbins by 2 and Northridge by 1, both strong teams losing by scrimmage foul shots. Every other win has been by 20+ most recently beating Piqua by 40. Scoring led by a Senior and having the Junior, Saunders, back at Monroe strengthens the team as well as having one of their strongest players out injured all of November hoping to return next week. New coach is whipping them into shape with expectations on and off the court also doing a great job preparing younger players to play on the varsity stage.
Sounds like pee wee Herman might have a better team than I thought.

Carlisle was at Anna Friday. Won the overall scrimmage. Most quarters were close. Overall the scrimmages shown the Indians what they need to work on . The competition will help them and prepare them for up coming season I believe. Will be a tough test right out of the gate this Friday night at Brookville. Winner will have a leg up on league early on.

Carlisle was at Anna Friday. Won the overall scrimmage. Most quarters were close. Overall the scrimmages shown the Indians what they need to work on . The competition will help them and prepare them for up coming season I believe. Will be a tough test right out of the gate this Friday night at Brookville. Winner will have a leg up on league early on.
Brookville a little deeper than Carlisle and being at home. I guess I would say Brookville has the edge.

But I can confirm VV did bring in a transfer from Tri-Village

Ty Fritz - 6’5” Freshman who played with Brody Denny on the AAU circuit

Big question for VV is if Dickson’s knee will be healed in time for him to play basketball. He battled a knee injury all football season and got knocked out for good during the Reg Final game vs Waynesville. If he’s good to go the starting 5 most nights will look like this

Brody Denny - 5’11” (Frosh)
Adam Dickson - 6’0” (Soph)
Micha Valenti - 6’1” (Senior)
Caden Henson - 6’3” (Senior)
Ty Fritz - 6’5” (Frosh)

Don't sleep on Brookville - they are much better than they have been in previous years with a very good sophomore leading them with 2 seniors that are solid players

Don't sleep on Brookville - they are much better than they have been in previous years with a very good sophomore leading them with 2 seniors that are solid players
I agree with Brookville being one of the best in the Buckeye side. I truly think it will. be a battle for Carlisle, Brookville, and Eaton. Posters on here say Waynesville is much improved as well. Should be a fun competitive year.

Brookville a little deeper than Carlisle and being at home. I guess I would say Brookville has the edge.
Carlisle pretty solid with what they have but foul trouble could definitely make it very hard for them. I would say most teams are deeper. Carlisle has consistently 8 guys on Varsity. Tough way to start @ Brookville for the Indians.

But I can confirm VV did bring in a transfer from Tri-Village

Ty Fritz - 6’5” Freshman who played with Brody Denny on the AAU circuit

Big question for VV is if Dickson’s knee will be healed in time for him to play basketball. He battled a knee injury all football season and got knocked out for good during the Reg Final game vs Waynesville. If he’s good to go the starting 5 most nights will look like this

Brody Denny - 5’11” (Frosh)
Adam Dickson - 6’0” (Soph)
Micha Valenti - 6’1” (Senior)
Caden Henson - 6’3” (Senior)
Ty Fritz - 6’5” (Frosh)
Surprised Henson is playing thought he would be committed by now for Football? Also heard Peyton Flannery might be in the mix for a post position?

This weekends games-

Friday

Madison @ Dayton Christian- Madison should win heard D.C is young and inexperienced.

Eaton @ National Trail- Eaton wins

Carlisle @ Brookville- should be a good one, Ill take Carlisle in a battle

Middletown @ Edgewood- Middes should handle the cougars.

Franklin @ Miamisburg- Franklin has no answer for Hoerner and the Vikings.

Ross @ Talawanda- don't know a whole lot about either team. Go with the SWBL Ross.

Oakwood @ Tecumseh- Oakwood turns to a new coach and the loss of Maxwell. don't know much about Tecumseh.

Saturday

Fenwick @ Carlisle- Can Fenwick get revenge from last year? I'll take the Indians at home.

Clinton Massie @ Waynesville- Give me the Spartans.

This weekends games-

Friday

Madison @ Dayton Christian- Madison should win heard D.C is young and inexperienced.

Eaton @ National Trail- Eaton wins

Carlisle @ Brookville- should be a good one, Ill take Carlisle in a battle

Middletown @ Edgewood- Middes should handle the cougars.

Franklin @ Miamisburg- Franklin has no answer for Hoerner and the Vikings.

Ross @ Talawanda- don't know a whole lot about either team. Go with the SWBL Ross.

Oakwood @ Tecumseh- Oakwood turns to a new coach and the loss of Maxwell. don't know much about Tecumseh.

Saturday

Fenwick @ Carlisle- Can Fenwick get revenge from last year? I'll take the Indians at home.

Clinton Massie @ Waynesville- Give me the Spartans.
Franklin gave The Burg all they could handle Fri. final 68-59 . Cat's D and 3 pointers will give a lot of teams trouble. Franklin will host Waynesville Tuesday night.

Franklin gave The Burg all they could handle Fri. final 68-59 . Cat's D and 3 pointers will give a lot of teams trouble. Franklin will host Waynesville Tuesday night.
They gave up 68 points to a down Miamisburg team that made three 3 pointers. Not sure their D is very good.

Brookville 64
Carlisle 54

Game was closer than final. Was a 1 point game entering 4th quarter. Thought both teams were sloppy at times and had a lot of turnovers. Both teams executed some plays and did some stuff well. Was your typical first game of season. I expect both teams to be at the top of the Buckeye division at the end of the year. Both will get better.

Wood 20 (Brookville)
Crabtree 18 (Brookville)

Taylor 16 (Carlisle)
Rowe 14 (Carlisle)

Waynesville looses to Massie 60-69. Seniors Nick Warren had 31 and Connor Berrey had 12. Waynesville had two starters get injured and not play in the 2nd half. Massie shot the lights out but waynesville still should have won.

Brookville 64
Carlisle 54

Game was closer than final. Was a 1 point game entering 4th quarter. Thought both teams were sloppy at times and had a lot of turnovers. Both teams executed some plays and did some stuff well. Was your typical first game of season. I expect both teams to be at the top of the Buckeye division at the end of the year. Both will get better.

Wood 20 (Brookville)
Crabtree 18 (Brookville)

Taylor 16 (Carlisle)
Rowe 14 (Carlisle)
Brookville has almost everyone back, they have had some big years over the past 5 - 8 years. Could be another nice year.

Brookville has almost everyone back, they have had some big years over the past 5 - 8 years. Could be another nice year.
They are my pick to win the league and Wood is the POY. He/They took a big step towards that by outshining Carlisle and another possible POY candidate on Fri.

Waynesville looses to Massie 60-69. Seniors Nick Warren had 31 and Connor Berrey had 12. Waynesville had two starters get injured and not play in the 2nd half. Massie shot the lights out but waynesville still should have won.
Nick Warren is that dude! Did whatever he wanted! Will be a fun year to watch him!