2023 Stark County Area Teams OHSAA History Generator (CantonMcKinley.com)

Fairless - Season Complete
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 13.09.41.png

When was CCHS D7? Maybe I'm missing something.
Not ever. It is likely a misclassification of the results from either '01 or '05. Both teams went 2-1 in the playoffs competing in DIV.

Through last weekend, I have CCHS' playoff records by division/class as:

AA: 0-1
II: 1-1
III: 5-1
IV: 10-6
V: 13-2
VI: 4-3

Central Catholic - Week 12 has been corrected, thank you.

I have a request...

I'm looking for the locations of where the following playoffs involving Stark teams games were held, I appreciate the information if anyone has any.

View attachment 49197
85 - Steubenville - Paul Brown Tiger Stadium
88 - Aquinas - Fawcett
88 - JFK - YSU
94- Clyde - Elyria
97 - Wickliffe - Solon
97 - Manchester - Rubber Bowl

Whitehall… I was there but I don't remember where there was. 😀

85 - Steubenville - Paul Brown Tiger Stadium
88 - Aquinas - Fawcett
88 - JFK - YSU
94- Clyde - Elyria
97 - Wickliffe - Solon
97 - Manchester - Rubber Bowl

Whitehall… I was there but I don't remember where there was. 😀
Whitehall was at PBTS. Clyde game was at George Daniel Field in Lorain.

DaveDawg

Do you still have records on the Canton McKinley Football Team ??

Last edited:
I don't see 16 regional championships that were won on the field, I do see 14 (listed below). The win total has been updated.

View attachment 50069
Prior to 1980, (1972-1979), only 1 team per region made the playoffs. Technically, those teams automatically were regional champions. The Tigers qualified in 1972 and 1979. Review the OHSAA Football State Tournaments All-Time Team Participants List. It lists the State Semifinalists (Final 4 Teams) 2023 would be the Tigers’ 16th regional championship.

Last edited:
Prior to 1980, (1972-1979), only 1 team per region made the playoffs. The Tigers qualified in 1972 and 1979. Review the OHSAA Football State Tournaments All-Time Team Participants List. It lists the State Semifinalists (Final 4 Teams) 2023 would be the Tigers’ 16th regional championship.
I am not disputing that. I am disputing that Massillon's record in region championships is 14-5 and and the implication that that is not correct per the info I provided above. That's all. I agree 16, 14 won on the field.

I am not disputing that. I am disputing that Massillon's record in region championships is 14-5 and and the implication that that is not correct per the info I provided above. That's all. I agree 16, 14 won on the field.
I edited my post #66. During the years, 1972-1979, there weren’t regional championship games. All teams automatically were regional champions.🤷🏻‍♂️ That was my point.

Last edited:
Regional champs in 1972 and 1979 weren't decided by games played on the field?

Regional champs in 1972 and 1979 weren't decided by games played on the field?
Correct.
Massillon finished #1 both years (1972, 1979)
1972, Massillon #1 region 3 vs #1 region 4 Cincinnati Princeton in state semifinal at Ohio Stadium was the first playoff game.
In 1979 the Tigers were #1 in region 3 and lost to #1 region 1 Parma Padua in the state semifinal.

Correct.
Massillon finished #1 both years (1972, 1979)
1972, Massillon #1 region 3 vs #1 region 4 Cincinnati Princeton in state semifinal at Ohio Stadium was the first playoff game.
In 1979 the Tigers were #1 in region 3 and lost to #1 region 1 Parma Padua in the state semifinal.
That was a rhetorical question. They finished first in the region based on games that were played on the field.

After their week 10 games, did they celebrate 'winning' their regional titles, or was it just a 'meh, computer says we're #1 in the region and let's play the state semi next week'?
It was "We're playing in the state semi".

Tell us how you play in that game without being the regional champ.