2023 Stark County Area Teams OHSAA History Generator (CantonMcKinley.com)

DaveDawg

The Bulldog
Alliance - Week 11
Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 18.48.52.png

Last edited:

A lot of fun info there. Incidentally, which years are encompassed by Canton CC's history? Some of the St. John years must have been included to reach those numbers because I know Canton CC hasn't played, won, lost, or tied that many games under the Canton CC name (1945 season - present).

A lot of fun info there. Incidentally, which years are encompassed by Canton CC's history? Some of the St. John years must have been included to reach those numbers because I know Canton CC hasn't played, won, lost, or tied that many games under the Canton CC name (1945 season - present).
Canton St. John's began football in 1927 and those records through the name change in 1945 are included. Games with schools like Canton Lincoln, Hoover, Louisville and Canton South have Canton Central listed as their opponent between the mentioned years.

Canton St. John's began football in 1927 and those records through the name change in 1945 are included. Games with schools like Canton Lincoln, Hoover, Louisville and Canton South have Canton Central listed as their opponent between the mentioned years.
Shoot me a PM. I'd like to see what results you have on St. John from 1933 and prior.

St. John actually had a team its very first year in '26 (I saw a copy of their "yearbook" from that school year, and the football team was mentioned), but I never found any specific results. They only had 9th graders that year, so they likely played a bunch of jr. high teams, much like they did in '27. My data indicates SJ's 1st game against another varsity team was in '29 when they opened the season against Navarre at City Field.

Hey Dave...you have too much time on your hands...looks great! Just need to make a correction or an update for you....as of Friday night Lake's wins are 441....our losses are 248....and our ties are 8....for a total of 697 games played. If you would like to see the up to date info, check this link https://www.lakebluestreaksfootball.com/ and click on game results...you have our all-time ohsaa playoff record correct for the current after Friday...in the all time series we are now 15 wins against Perry to 22 losses..if you have any questions just let me know...thanks

Hey Dave...you have too much time on your hands...looks great! Just need to make a correction or an update for you....as of Friday night Lake's wins are 441....our losses are 248....and our ties are 8....for a total of 697 games played. If you would like to see the up to date info, check this link https://www.lakebluestreaksfootball.com/ and click on game results...you have our all-time ohsaa playoff record correct for the current after Friday...in the all time series we are now 15 wins against Perry to 22 losses..if you have any questions just let me know...thanks
I went looking and I have discovered the following within my data compared to the website above you have mentioned...
I missed game with Akron Coventry in 1957
I had a Lake score with Marlington as a 3-0 loss in 1959 when it was a 3-0 win for the Streaks
My record totals now match the web site but there is one thing wrong on the site...
-
What the website has wrong...
1962's 42-9 win over North Canton Hoover was not against the Viking varsity. It was against the Hoover reserves and it should be marked in the series records as such.
-
I have been plugging in the data into my database for about 30 years since working at The Repository Sports Department years ago as an editorial assistant...while transposing the data is not always perfect I do rely on people such as yourself to help point out my errors.
-
Thank you

Week 12 - Lake
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 23.59.14.png

Last edited:
I went looking and I have discovered the following within my data compared to the website above you have mentioned...
I missed game with Akron Coventry in 1957
I had a Lake score with Marlington as a 3-0 loss in 1959 when it was a 3-0 win for the Streaks
My record totals now match the web site but there is one thing wrong on the site...
-
What the website has wrong...
1962's 42-9 win over North Canton Hoover was not against the Viking varsity. It was against the Hoover reserves and it should be marked in the series records as such.
-
I have been plugging in the data into my database for about 30 years since working at The Repository Sports Department years ago as an editorial assistant...while transposing the data is not always perfect I do rely on people such as yourself to help point out my errors.
-
Thank you
I like that your records are really thorough...one correction is that this is our 22nd appearance in the playoffs not 23rd. Now a little bit of history..heck we may have even talked back in the day and not even know it...lol..

The website that I mentioned is the work of a couple people....but the bulk of the work is what I do. I have been around Lake since 1968. I am responsible with the updating and keeping it current. The game you are questioning was considered a varsity game for Lake. The coach was Robert, RC, Cochran...the first coach of Lake...he was also the AD in the mid 60's and 70's...I used to help him so I could get out of study hall..lol...when I was putting the stat history of Lake Football...I had the info from 1971...because I was the stats guy then and keep what data I had...I was also responsible for calling the newspapers with the game results...I was a junior in high school then...trying to put numbers before then was a work in a black hole...I went back to Ed Marshall and got all the info he had, went down to the library and looked at a lot of microfilm, and went back and talked with RC...I reviewed a lot of info with him and he mentioned that to get the varsity 9 games that year he scheduled Hoover knowing we would probably get just some of their varsity ...but he wanted to keep playing 9 games a year because 1957, 58, 59, 60..they had played 8..1961 had 9 games...with that info and discussions with John Demarco..he and I did all the first work of putting the records together and there were times we had to make a decision on some info we were considering... we went with it being a varsity game for Lake....the interesting thing I like is that your records match our records...there has been a lot of time involved to make sure the scores and dates are correct and yes I have seen a lot of games...a lot of games..lol

I like that your records are really thorough...one correction is that this is our 22nd appearance in the playoffs not 23rd. Now a little bit of history..heck we may have even talked back in the day and not even know it...lol..

The website that I mentioned is the work of a couple people....but the bulk of the work is what I do. I have been around Lake since 1968. I am responsible with the updating and keeping it current. The game you are questioning was considered a varsity game for Lake. The coach was Robert, RC, Cochran...the first coach of Lake...he was also the AD in the mid 60's and 70's...I used to help him so I could get out of study hall..lol...when I was putting the stat history of Lake Football...I had the info from 1971...because I was the stats guy then and keep what data I had...I was also responsible for calling the newspapers with the game results...I was a junior in high school then...trying to put numbers before then was a work in a black hole...I went back to Ed Marshall and got all the info he had, went down to the library and looked at a lot of microfilm, and went back and talked with RC...I reviewed a lot of info with him and he mentioned that to get the varsity 9 games that year he scheduled Hoover knowing we would probably get just some of their varsity ...but he wanted to keep playing 9 games a year because 1957, 58, 59, 60..they had played 8..1961 had 9 games...with that info and discussions with John Demarco..he and I did all the first work of putting the records together and there were times we had to make a decision on some info we were considering... we went with it being a varsity game for Lake....the interesting thing I like is that your records match our records...there has been a lot of time involved to make sure the scores and dates are correct and yes I have seen a lot of games...a lot of games..lol
I kept stats with Charlie Bowersox and Michael T George (Ohio Pup here in Yappi) for McKinley late 80's through early 2000's and also seen a lot of games. ...BY THE WAY - corrected appearances in my data. Thank you again

Also, McKinley and Massillon have varsity game results in each of their records against opponents team ‘reserves’ and junior varsity squads.
It is what it is then for getting games on the schedule.