2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

Trying to recall where the Eaton/ McNick game was 2 years ago. Monroe maybe? Not sure the trip would be an issue for McNicholas they went to Wheelersburg and Columbus this season and of course usually 2-3 GCL games in or near Dayton yearly.
Yes, It was Monroe. Eaton was up 14 - 7 at the half, and then McNick came out in the second half, punched us in the mouth, took our lunch money, and then went home..

The weather was nasty too. I blame McNick for that as well..

Pretty straight forward this week.

Eaton at Carlisle
Monroe at Edgewood
Brookville
at Franklin
Middletown Madison at Oakwood
Bellbrook
at Ross
Valley View at Waynesville

There’s a decent chance VV and Waynesville meet in the regional final. Don’t want to give waynesville anymore reason to feel disrespected or slighted. VV will come full force for the league title Friday night.

Regular season finale! Week 10.

Monroe @ Edgewood- I’ll take the Cougars in this one. Edgewood gets into the playoffs and finishes the season better than it started. Don’t think Monroe will make it but stranger things have happened.

Brookville @ Franklin- Brookville wins but Franklin puts up a fight for a little bit. Franklin fans finally get their wish and good ole Rodney Roberts will be back at the helm next year. Think Brookville will be #3 seed in Region 20.

Madison @ Oakwood- wonder how this one will go? Have to take the Jacks but hearing Mohawks will have their RB 1 back. Both teams in playoffs lowers seeds in respective regions.

Bellbrook @ Ross- this game will be a battle for a Half I think. Bellbrook will stop the run second half and win by a score or two.

VV @ Waynesville- Waynesville will be amped up for this one. Senior night and a chance to split the title. VV is the 1 seed and Waynesville should be the 2 seed regardless the outcome. I'll take VV as I Think they want it outright and keep rolling into the playoffs. Henson Obviously a difference maker.

Eaton @ Carlisle- Eaton is locked into playoffs and kind of curious how they play this. If Eaton wins don't think they will go any higher than an 8 seed. which will probably be a Mcnick game 1 and a Massie game 2. Loss will give them probably give them a 10 seed vs S.Shawnee 1st round and Unioto round 2. just like to throw something crazy out lol. Eaton will want a home game but it will be a much more difficult path for them IMO. Carlisle needs this one to better themselves for playoffs but can they hang with the Eagles?

Monroe @ Edgewood- I’ll take the Cougars in this one. Edgewood gets into the playoffs and finishes the season better than it started. Don’t think Monroe will make it but stranger things have happened.

Brookville @ Franklin- Brookville wins but Franklin puts up a fight for a little bit. Franklin fans finally get their wish and good ole Rodney Roberts will be back at the helm next year. Think Brookville will be #3 seed in Region 20.

Madison @ Oakwood- wonder how this one will go? Have to take the Jacks but hearing Mohawks will have their RB 1 back. Both teams in playoffs lowers seeds in respective regions.

Bellbrook @ Ross- this game will be a battle for a Half I think. Bellbrook will stop the run second half and win by a score or two.

VV @ Waynesville- Waynesville will be amped up for this one. Senior night and a chance to split the title. VV is the 1 seed and Waynesville should be the 2 seed regardless the outcome. I'll take VV as I Think they want it outright and keep rolling into the playoffs. Henson Obviously a difference maker.

Eaton @ Carlisle- Eaton is locked into playoffs and kind of curious how they play this. If Eaton wins don't think they will go any higher than an 8 seed. which will probably be a Mcnick game 1 and a Massie game 2. Loss will give them probably give them a 10 seed vs S.Shawnee 1st round and Unioto round 2. just like to throw something crazy out lol. Eaton will want a home game but it will be a much more difficult path for them IMO. Carlisle needs this one to better themselves for playoffs but can they hang with the Eagles?
Shawnee probably gets Waverly Round 1 or McNick. It's odd on Drew with Eaton taking a loss this week that they would get Shawnee but Shawnee with a win or loss looks to have Waverly. Then looking at McNick, win or loss for them they have Eaton. Not so crazy, lol.

Shawnee should win their game mid way through the 2nd quarter. Waverly will probably lose to Mt. Healthy.

I see Eaton winning, McNick losing. Looking good for a Eagles home game? Hopefully.

Now Eaton and Waverly, would be a ridiculous bus ride. They are probably the most geographically separated schools in the region...just spit balling.

Last edited:
Shawnee probably gets Waverly Round 1 or McNick. It's odd on Drew with Eaton taking a loss this week that they would get Shawnee but Shawnee with a win or loss looks to have Waverly. Then looking at McNick, win or loss for them they have Eaton. Not so crazy, lol.

Shawnee should win their game mid way through the 2nd quarter. Waverly will probably lose to Mt. Healthy.

I see Eaton winning, McNick losing. Looking good for a Eagles home game? Hopefully.

Now Eaton and Waverly, would be a ridiculous bus ride. They are probably the most geographically separated schools in the region...just spit balling.
Good insight

VV does not sit anyone in my opinion they want the league title outright. My Spartans roll

Rodney Roberts back at the helm in Franklin? I thought Hurst knew what he was getting into and that the Cats have some good classes coming. Shoudn't Hurst be able to have a chance with some better talent. Does not seem quite fair to me but Im not the AD

If McNick wins, unlikely v Badin top 3 D3 in the state, they will jump to perhaps as high as a 6 seed. McNick at Eaton is the most likely result after Friday night. I see that game as a toss up.

VV does not sit anyone in my opinion they want the league title outright. My Spartans roll

Rodney Roberts back at the helm in Franklin? I thought Hurst knew what he was getting into and that the Cats have some good classes coming. Shoudn't Hurst be able to have a chance with some better talent. Does not seem quite fair to me but Im not the AD
Just heard that if Hurst didn't make playoffs this year his tenure was over. Now that's talk and rumors as well. I personally think Hurst hasn't been given enough time but Franklin faithful are wanting results now. Heard from a good source if they can get Rodney back that's its a done deal. only time will tell. Franklin has a good Freshman class that I know of. Don't know what is left after the seniors leave this season.

Just heard that if Hurst didn't make playoffs this year his tenure was over. Now that's talk and rumors as well. I personally think Hurst hasn't been given enough time but Franklin faithful are wanting results now. Heard from a good source if they can get Rodney back that's its a done deal. only time will tell. Franklin has a good Freshman class that I know of. Don't know what is left after the seniors leave this season.
I know their 10th grade group is really good as well, we have battled with them the past few years. I would say better years are ahead in Wildcat Country. Will be interesting to see if Hurst gets a chance with more talent

If McNick wins, unlikely v Badin top 3 D3 in the state, they will jump to perhaps as high as a 6 seed. McNick at Eaton is the most likely result after Friday night. I see that game as a toss up.
I would not want McNick as a first round game. That 35-0 scoreline vs. CJ is a real head-scratcher. McNick started weak but are finishing strong. I think they make a statement and lose to Badin but it is closer than many think. First round game with Eaton with nothing to lose is a bad recipe IMHO.

Couple thoughts

Valley View is playing for a perfect 10-0 season They will play starters and they will have a comfortable lead vs Waynesville by halftime. Running clock second half and they will be able to get their starters out early.

Eaton will play starters, they want a home game. A lot can happen, let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully a comfortable lead second half.

Rodney don't have the support on school board to come back. Hurst will remain as he should. This guy has earned more time.

My thoughts more came from VV having to play without an effective Clark last year in the playoffs. To be fair, VV will be able to rest guys in the 4th in the first 2-3 weeks of playoffs so they should be fine. Curious to see how VV treats this game schematically.

My thoughts more came from VV having to play without an effective Clark last year in the playoffs. To be fair, VV will be able to rest guys in the 4th in the first 2-3 weeks of playoffs so they should be fine. Curious to see how VV treats this game schematically.
As odd as that sounds, you may be correct. Dont hear about the potential of resting guys in the playoffs. Interesting the region could come down to three SWBL teams....kind of MACish, if you ask me, lol.

Rodney don't have the support on school board to come back. Hurst will remain as he should. This guy has earned more time.
I am not sure about the school board I am not from that community , but do have a sophmore and we played Franklin the past few years. It does seem like Hurst knew what he had coming, and has coming. Brighter days are ahead like I said before be interesting to see if they stick with the coach or have their 4 coach in 5 years

Curious to hear what the school board would have against the hiring of Roberts? Is Roberts still an employee of Franklin Schools?

Curious to hear what the school board would have against the hiring of Roberts? Is Roberts still an employee of Franklin Schools?
Currently Roberts is with Kettering school district. There a slight possibility of Roberts coming back but I don't really see it happening. I do know his grandson is going to be in jr high next year. I would want to see this coach get one more year haven't won't a home game in 2 years now and his record 5-14 about to be 5-15. Originally they blew it with Murphy. If they do go get another head coach I could see Frankie Russell having a better shot then Roberts.