2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

The young man who would've been the QB decided to focus on baseball from what I was told. French is a good athlete, but inexperience is putting it lightly. He's only played QB for a few years. I think Edgewood will be just fine, however, French absolutely does not have a big arm. I think Edgewood can still win the league, but it will be significantly harder now without the passing threat.
Uh QB threw for 178 yards. Edgewood lost because their o and d lines got their as#s handed to them.

Ross put it to Mt Healthy last year. 46-30. Think it might happen again. Ross played Wyoming really tough last week.
Uh, Ross lost an all-state linebacker and their home run hitter on offense. Caldwell is a good power back not a home run hitter.Think it will be a close game, turnovers probably the key.Ross runs a high risk high return offense, ball is on the ground a lot.

The SWBL website passer rating is horrendously broken (or using a non-traditional PR I guess). The maximum possible PR is 158.3, and the site shows multiple QB's over that for last week.

By my calculation Franklin's QB posted a 43.75 PR based on his stats shown on the SWBL website.

Edit: Correcting myself it looks like it uses the NCAA formula which is different and...stranger.
High schools and college use a different passer rating than the NFL (they use the 158.3 number)

Uh QB threw for 178 yards. Edgewood lost because their o and d lines got their as#s handed to them.
You are absolutely correct, that game was dictated by a serious lack of trench play. I just watched this game yesterday, and boy was I shocked. I thought the line play would be out of this world this year for Edgewood, but that's a serious question mark. Milford was NOT very impressive on film. As for the 178 yards, there was a lot of heave & hope going on there. It was his first game, so he'll get more comfortable.

Ross put it to Mt Healthy last year. 46-30. Think it might happen again. Ross played Wyoming really tough last week.
I know Mt. healthy got some transfers and I did hear that Wyoming lost their running back with a broken leg last week that required surgery. Not sure he is CJ Hester good, but that might be why the Wyoming game was closer than expected. We will see, but I think Mt. Healthy wins by multiple scores. They did donut Little Miami last week, not sure what they are supposed to be like this year either…

Uh pretty much spot on, except I think Oakwood will be better than people think, and hopefully Edgewood will be better against Massie. Ross and Mt Healthy will be a battle, dont bet against Healthy.
Agreed. This is a much more difficult week to pick in the SWBL. Great games in Miamisburg/Bellbrook, Miami East/Carlisle, Edgewood /Clinton Massie, Ross/Mt Healthy, and Northridge/Oakwood.

Week 2:
Richmond (IN) vs Eaton-Homer pick. I know ZERO about Richmond
Miamisburg @ Bellbrook-Taking the 'Burg in this one. I've heard this might be the year Schneider gets them back on track.
Anna @ Brookville-The Blue Devils by a couple of scores
Miami East @ Carlisle-I'll take the Indians in a close one, but I think it could go either way
Edgewood @ Clinton Massie-A bit of a homer pick, but I think Massie is a year away from getting back to a championship caliber team
Franklin @ Marion Local-ML by a lot
Gamble Mont @ Madison-Taking the Mohawks but I think Gamble will have the athletes to make it interesting
VV @ Milton Union-VV pretty easily
Ross @ Mt Healthy-Hearing good things about the Owls and I don't think Wyoming is as good as the last several years. Ross keeping it close might not be as much of indicator of how good they are.
Greenview @ Waynesville-I'll take Greenview
Monroe @ Wyoming-I think this will be closer than some think. Monroe will play solid D against the run, but with the injuries, can they score? They still have some playmakers, but you don't recover from losing your best guy and 2 other important starters in a week.
Northridge @ Oakwood-I'll take the Jacks in a close one

Week 2:

Richmond (IN) vs Eaton
Miamisburg @ Bellbrook
Anna @ Brookville
Miami East @ Carlisle
Edgewood @ Clinton Massie
Franklin @ Marion Local
Gamble Mont @ Madison
VV
@ Milton Union
Ross @ Mt Healthy
Greenview @ Waynesville
Monroe @ Wyoming
Northridge @ Oakwood

Give thehawg...

Eaton
Bellbrook
Brookville
Carlisle
Edgewood
ML
Madison
Ross
Waynesville
Wyoming
Oakwood

Madison and Shawnee should play every year. It's always been a competitive rivalry between neighboring districts with similar size and student body. No reason for it not to be one of their OOC games.
While I believe they should play every year, I think PS has 5 wins in the 2000s over Madison not a competitive rivalry in my eyes. Outside of a decent two years PS is not a competitive football team.

Richmond (IN) vs Eaton - Eaton
Miamisburg @ Bellbrook - Burg
Anna @ Brookville - Brookville
Miami East @ Carlisle - Carlisle
Edgewood @ Clinton Massie - CM
Franklin @ Marion Local -ML
Gamble Mont @ Madison - Madison
VV @ Milton Union - VV
Ross @ Mt Healthy - Mt. Healthy
Greenview @ Waynesville - Greeneview
Monroe @ Wyoming - Wyoming
Northridge @ Oakwood - Oakwood

While I believe they should play every year, I think PS has 5 wins in the 2000s over Madison not a competitive rivalry in my eyes. Outside of a decent two years PS is not a competitive football team.
Totally disagree. These two neighboring schools have been playing each other for decades. Even if Madison has more wins, the games are almost always competitive.

Totally disagree. These two neighboring schools have been playing each other for decades. Even if Madison has more wins, the games are almost always competitive.
I agree they should play I just don't agree with the word competitive, especially if you have to put almost always:
PS - (4-16) against Madison in the 2000s
2023 - PS (*-1) lost to Madison 33-13
2022 - PS (8-3) didn’t play Madison (1-9)
2021 - PS (13-1) didn’t play Madison (0-10)
2020 - PS (3-4) win over Madison 19-12
2019 - PS (5-5) lost to Madison 41-14
2018 - PS (3-7) lost to Madison 48-14
2017 - PS (7-3) lost to Madison 47-0
2016 - PS (6-4) lost to Madison 38-18
2015 - PS (3-7) lost to Madison 28-21
2014 - PS (5-5) win over Madison 43-33
2013 - PS (3-7) lost to Madison 62-30
2012 - PS (0-10) lost to Madison 49-20
2011 - PS (2-8) lost to Madison 46-23
2010 - PS (3-7) lost to Madison 23-21
2009 - PS (3-7) lost to Madison 45-14
2008 - PS (1-8) lost to Madison 35-27
2007 - PS (1-9) lost to Madison 49-13
2006 - PS (5-5) win over Madison 31-22
2005 - PS (1-9) lost to Madison 41-0
2004 - PS no team
2003 - PS (1-9) didn’t play Madison
2002 - PS (2-8) lost to Madison 33-32
2001 - PS (6-4) win over Madison 21-7
2000 - PS (3-7) lost to Madison 34-7

I assume this is a result of feeding off a bottom feeder but still Eaton must have some talent. How did the scores come?
Oh absolutely. Richmond is a 4A school with an enrollment of close to 1300 students 9-12, so they have a large pool of student athletes to pull from, but they have struggled on the gridiron for quite sometime for some reason.

Eaton struck through the air and on the ground, mostly in big chunks. I've been really impressed with their QB Atkins. Backing up Ebright, they ran the RPO with him quite a bit over the last couple of seasons, leaning more on his running ability, but his passing has improved tremendously. I don't know what he had yards wise last night, but he threw for 3 TD's and ran for another. Last week vs Greenville he went 12 for 13 for 203 yards and a passing TD.

It will be hard to gauge how good they really are until that week 5 matchup with your Spartans.