2023 OHSWCA State Dual Districts D2 Saturday Feb 4th

Come out and support the OHSCWA State Duals. Champion of each bracket will advance to the D 2 State Championships @ New Lexington High School
Saturday, 02-11-2023, 10:00 AM
OHSWCA District Duals: Division II - Norwalk District
Upper Bracket @ Buckeye...10:00 AM
Lower Bracket @ Wauseon... 2:00 PM
OHSWCA District Duals: Division II - Perry District
Upper Bracket @ St. Vincent-St. Mary...10:00 AM
Lower Bracket @ Louisville 10:00 AM...10:00 AM
OHSWCA District Duals: Division II - Steubenville District
Upper Bracket @ West Holmes...10:00 AM
Lower Bracket @ Indian Valley...12:00 Noon
OHSWCA District Duals: Division II - Wilmington District
Upper Bracket @ Graham Local...10:00 AM
Lower Bracket @ Butler...11:00 AM
Link to Baums Page. The wrestling page will give all district site brackets and info about the State Tournament

This should be some great wrestling!

Buckeye, Louisville, SVSM, Graham, Vandalia Butler (39-37 over Col. DeSales, who was down 30-0 after the first five weights), and West Holmes have all advanced.
Carrollton vs. Indian Valley was a final.
Wauseon's site started at 2PM

Buckeye, Graham, WH, and SVSM out of top
Wauseon, Louisville, Butler, IV out of bottom

Graham and Buckeye probably top 2? After that I have no clue how seeds may go.

Not sure why teams can use girls to accept FFs in a boys meet. I'm pretty sure the OHSWCA sponsors a girls dual meet. Can boys compete in girls events?
No idea what the rules are. If you are referring to WH, they have 1 female wrestler, not enough for a girls team. She had no way to compete in the girls state duals. They also have another ranked 106, but chose to send the senior out for the FF. Seems like an honorable way to reward her for competing on the boys team for 4 years.

Not sure why teams can use girls to accept FFs in a boys meet. I'm pretty sure the OHSWCA sponsors a girls dual meet. Can boys compete in girls events?
Sounds like you have nothing better to do than complain, something as non significant as that you need to get a life.

He made an observation, nothing else, manipulating the team scores by using a female wrestler in a male event and wondering if its legal is not complaining.
After looking through division 1, Teays Valley had a female at 106 that had a FF and lost by fall. TV did not participate in the girls state dual. The OHSAA rules say that a female can participate against boys or girls as long as they don't go over the point total. They can then choose to participate in the boys or girls individual tournament, but not both. So unless I'm missing something, this is 100% legal. No manipulation. The 2 girls that I found just wrestled for their team.

After looking through division 1, Teays Valley had a female at 106 that had a FF and lost by fall. TV did not participate in the girls state dual. The OHSAA rules say that a female can participate against boys or girls as long as they don't go over the point total. They can then choose to participate in the boys or girls individual tournament, but not both. So unless I'm missing something, this is 100% legal. No manipulation. The 2 girls that I found just wrestled for their team.
Serious question, and for the record, I am a proponent of girls wrestling, girls' sports and equity of opportunities in general. But I'm curious, how does this rule make sense? It seems that it would not hold up to a legal challenge. For example, could this precedent be applied say to a boy choosing to compete on the girls gymnastics team, what about volleyball, softball, field hockey, etc. ? I would expect as girls wrestling grows this will evolve into a non issue. Help me understand.