2023 NWO Football

What conference title race will you be looking forward to the most this season?

• NLL Buckeye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • NLL Cardinal

• NBC

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • BVC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • CHSL Central (MI)

• NWOAL

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • TAAC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toledo City League

• Total voters
I think this is also why there’s a big push to get a 12th team in the NLL. These late in the season home games against TCL teams that bring less fans than coaches won’t fly for long.
Big push? Who might the 12th be, and what is being done to bring them in?

Just for the "hell of it" I looked at Calprep website division wide rankings in D7 on the remaining 8 region 26 teams:

Team Calprep D7 ranking
Pandora-Gilboa 4
Hopewell-Loudon 5
Lima Central Catholic 6
McComb 7
Patrick Henry 8
Convoy-Crestview 18
Arlington 28
Edon 40

Just for the "hell of it" I looked at Calprep website division wide rankings in D7 on the remaining 8 region 26 teams:

Team Calprep D7 ranking
Pandora-Gilboa 4
Hopewell-Loudon 5
Lima Central Catholic 6
McComb 7
Patrick Henry 8
Convoy-Crestview 18
Arlington 28
Edon 40
5 of the top 10 teams in the division are still alive in this region (I didn't look but betting Leipsic was on there as well), but on another thread I got roasted for saying this was the deepest region in D7 lol

5 of the top 10 teams in the division are still alive in this region (I didn't look but betting Leipsic was on there as well), but on another thread I got roasted for saying this was the deepest region in D7 lol
What??? Are you saying that some people might not necessarily know what they're talking about? On a message board? What are the chances?

What??? Are you saying that some people might not necessarily know what they're talking about? On a message board? What are the chances?
I think it was on the R26 thread.. of course every reply was “it can’t be the deepest, it doesn’t have a MAC team!” By a bunch of non-MAC posters

I think it was on the R26 thread.. of course every reply was “it can’t be the deepest, it doesn’t have a MAC team!” By a bunch of non-MAC posters
Grove proved last year that you don't need a MAC team in order to be a good region. They played ML as tough as anybody aside from Versailles and Wapak, that's pretty good company.

NWO Round 2 Playoff Predictions
Division 1, Region 2

■ 10 Perrysburg at 2 Olentangy Berlin [x]

Division 2, Region 6

■ 7 Avon Lake at 2 Anthony Wayne [x]
■ 5 Olmsted Falls at 4 Southview [x]

Division 2, Region 8

■ 7 Lima Senior [x] at 2 Troy

Division 3, Region 10
■ 6 Ontario at 3 Tiffin Columbian [x]
■ 9 Defiance at No. 1 Central Catholic [x]

Division 3, Region 12

■ 4 Vandalia Butler at 5 Wapakoneta [x]
■ 6 Celina at 3 Trotwood-Madison [x]

Division 4, Region 14

■ 10 Napoleon at 2 Glenville [x]
■ 8 St. Marys Memorial at 1 Sandusky Perkins [x]

Division 5, Region 18

■ 8 Huron at 1 Liberty Center [x]
■ 7 Eastwood at 2 Edison [x]
■ 6 Coldwater [x] at 3 Archbold
■ 12 Marengo Highland at 4 Oak Harbor [x]

Division 6, Region 22

■ 6 Ottawa Hills [x] at 2 Colonel Crawford

Division 7, Region 26
■ 13 Arlington at 5 Patrick Henry [x]
■ 8 Pandora-Gilboa at 1 Hopewell-Loudon [x]
■ 14 Edon at 6 McComb [x]

Last edited:
AyCC's Playoff Elaborations (D1-D3)
Division 1, Region 2
■ 10 Perrysburg at 2 Olentangy Berlin [x]
Region 2 has a large amount of parity between schools (hence why Findlay fell to 4-7 Berlin). Conference SOS be darned, injuries be darned, all of it be darned, I think the Jackets can hold on to dear life because why the heck not.
Division 2, Region 6
■ 7 Avon Lake at 2 Anthony Wayne [x]
■ 5 Olmsted Falls at 4 Southview [x]
Anthony Wayne with their grass field and home crowd will give the Generals as solid as a home field advantage as you can get. By no means does it give them a guaranteed win, but it gives them a shot. Pasteur has them winning by 11.

If Clay was able to hang around with Olmsted Falls for the first half despite having not the strongest defense, I think Southview is more than capable of finishing the job. Triple option is always going to be tricky to defend, but I think Sexton and Mayzes (if he is able to play) will keep the Cougars in it.
Division 2, Region 8
■ 7 Lima Senior [x] at 2 Troy
Lima Senior, Toledo City League representative, is having a phenomenal year this year. Pasteur has them losing by 25 to Troy, but looking at common opponents (Piqua and Xenia) Lima actually outscored Troy's number in one game and came up a point short in the other (points allowed be darned). Let Lima get to 10 wins. Let them get to the third round.
i.jpg

(This pick has been fact-checked by real Corso-affliated patriots)
Division 3, Region 10
■ 6 Ontario at 3 Tiffin Columbian [x]
■ 9 Defiance at No. 1 Central Catholic [x]

Division 3, Region 12

■ 4 Vandalia Butler at 5 Wapakoneta [x]
■ 6 Celina at 3 Trotwood-Madison [x]
Two Bulldog teams get knocked out, the Columbian Tornado Warning gets extended to another week, and Wapakoneta puts a halt to the Aviator flight plan.

Leipsic was rated as the 14th best team in D7, per calprep ratings, plus Tiffin Calvert @ 26 and Ayersville @ 29

Somewhat relevant.

The Toledo City League is inducting their latest HOF class.

One could make an argument for Cunningham, Thompson, and Cullars for sure. However...

Charlie Contrada was not a good football player or athlete. He is a local attorney who in the past has moonlighted as a local sports analyst and advertises on BCSN more than anyone else. There are thousands of more deserving woman athletes and coaches.

Knabbs-Andrews excelled in competitive cheering and was the school's first black homecoming queen? At DeVilbiss in 1974? Competitive cheerleading was not a thing in 1975 and it certainly was not a sport. And what does being homecoming queen have to do with anything? Cullars plays the piccolo but you don't see him bragging about it. ;) There are thousands of more deserving athletes and coaches.

Nye? Eh, ok.

Boyle I get from the community aspect.

This exemplifies the TCL's demise by highlighting the laziness and lack of pride in actually doing some homework and honoring those that deserve.

I found it very odd that Findlay agreed to play TCC I can guess that maybe Findlay didn't have any other options? Plus TCC hasn't taken any of Findlay's athletes so animosity isn't has great as it is toward St. John's and St. Francis which has taken a number of non-football athletes.
There is busing that goes to Findlay to bring students to Toledo...

Somewhat relevant.

The Toledo City League is inducting their latest HOF class.

One could make an argument for Cunningham, Thompson, and Cullars for sure. However...

Charlie Contrada was not a good football player or athlete. He is a local attorney who in the past has moonlighted as a local sports analyst and advertises on BCSN more than anyone else. There are thousands of more deserving woman athletes and coaches.

Knabbs-Andrews excelled in competitive cheering and was the school's first black homecoming queen? At DeVilbiss in 1974? Competitive cheerleading was not a thing in 1975 and it certainly was not a sport. And what does being homecoming queen have to do with anything? Cullars plays the piccolo but you don't see him bragging about it. ;) There are thousands of more deserving athletes and coaches.

Nye? Eh, ok.

Boyle I get from the community aspect.

This exemplifies the TCL's demise by highlighting the laziness and lack of pride in actually doing some homework and honoring those that deserve.
Makes me kind of sad that I wonder how the HOF will even be able to continue in the coming decades with the state of the TCL. Central Catholic has essentially become the de facto TPS All-Star team while the rest of the City League is after school extracurriculars that keep kids out of gangs. I'd argue at the moment the City League is only above the TAAC and SBC River in NW Ohio at the moment as far as league strength goes