2023 NWO Football

What conference title race will you be looking forward to the most this season?

• NLL Buckeye

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • NLL Cardinal

• NBC

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • WBL

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • BVC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • CHSL Central (MI)

• NWOAL

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • TAAC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toledo City League

• Total voters
No, St Francis is probably as bad as people thought.
Seeing them play in person I have no clue how they beat Brother Rice by darn near two scores (while only letting up 19 points!). They do have a good running back in Horton but what the hey even happened?

Week Three NWO Games to Watch
Gotta love Labor Day weekend. Took break from the yap-site, but kept my eye out for a couple games.

Toledo Central Catholic (3-0) - 42, Detroit Catholic Central (1-1) - 21
The Fighting Irish broke it open 20-0 to start off the game before the Shamrocks began to crawl back, but a crucial fumble after a TCC punt stopped DCC's hopes of a full comeback. The three-pronged ground attack of Collins, Braswell, and Morgan combined for 282 rushing yards and 5 scores on the ground (Jaylen Watson had a 1 yard Wildcat-formation score following a 53-yard pass to Tre Vaughn).

Altogether, the Toledo parch's went 2-1 against MI CHSL teams, with SJJ's loss coming at the hands of OLSM, 28-7.

"Battle for the Little Brown Jug" - Clay (2-1) - 21, Whitmer (1-2) - 49
The first of many NLL crossover games this week, the Whitmer Panthers moved things in the right direction against Clay. In lieu of a running game, Whitmer put Jasen Kelly at running back leading to two scores that put them up 35-8 at the half. Mason Heintschel threw for 230 yards and 2TDs for the Eagles, who took their first loss of the season.

Southview (2-1) - 14, Findlay (2-1) - 49
Not even close. Southview's previous weak opponents showed drastically, as they were lit up by Ryan Montgomery. Speaking of, Montgomery went 32 of 37 passing and threw for 491 yards and 6TDs, breaking Ben Roethlisberger's former record for passing yards in a game. Javonte Hill also hauled in four of those touchdowns and nabbed 200 receiving yards on the day for the Trojans as well. A big momentum swing for Findlay, and one they needed as they face Clay next week.

Anthony Wayne (2-1) - 35, Bowling Green (2-1) - 6
AW stifles BG as Grant Kinnee puts on another show, running for an 87-yard touchdown and throwing for two. Cadence Carswell added two rushing TDs on the ground for the Generals.

Oak Harbor (3-0) - 42, Port Clinton (2-0) - 0
At least one Rocket football team was victorious this weekend... Oak Harbor completely overpowered Port Clinton, as Jaqui Hayward ran wild over the 'Skins both on offense and special teams. Michael Lalonde threw for 250 passing yards and two TDs as well.

"For Love of the Game of the Week," Sponsored by Sickos - Springfield (2-1) - 33, Start (0-3) - 28
Man. Eli Beal put the Blue Devils on his back, giving them their second victory of the season. Nate James' Spartans came up just short, but I'll look for them to compete very nicely once City League play opens up.

Last edited:
Week Three NWO Games to Watch
Gotta love Memorial Day weekend. Took break from the yap-site, but kept my eye out for a couple games.

Toledo Central Catholic (3-0) - 42, Detroit Catholic Central (1-1) - 21
The Fighting Irish broke it open 20-0 to start off the game before the Shamrocks began to crawl back, but a crucial fumble after a TCC punt stopped DCC's hopes of a full comeback. The three-pronged ground attack of Collins, Braswell, and Morgan combined for 282 rushing yards and 5 scores on the ground (Jaylen Watson had a 1 yard Wildcat-formation score following a 53-yard pass to Tre Vaughn).

Altogether, the Toledo parch's went 2-1 against MI CHSL teams, with SJJ's loss coming at the hands of OLSM, 28-7.

"Battle for the Little Brown Jug" - Clay (2-1) - 21, Whitmer (1-2) - 49
The first of many NLL crossover games this week, the Whitmer Panthers moved things in the right direction against Clay. In lieu of a running game, Whitmer put Jasen Kelly at running back leading to two scores that put them up 35-8 at the half. Mason Heintschel threw for 230 yards and 2TDs for the Eagles, who took their first loss of the season.

Southview (2-1) - 14, Findlay (2-1) - 49
Not even close. Southview's previous weak opponents showed drastically, as they were lit up by Ryan Montgomery. Speaking of, Montgomery went 32 of 37 passing and threw for 491 yards and 6TDs, breaking Ben Roethlisberger's former record for passing yards in a game. Javonte Hill also hauled in four of those touchdowns and nabbed 200 receiving yards on the day for the Trojans as well. A big momentum swing for Findlay, and one they needed as they face Perrysburg next week.

Anthony Wayne (2-1) - 35, Bowling Green (2-1) - 6
AW stifles BG as Grant Kinnee puts on another show, running for an 87-yard touchdown and throwing for two. Cadence Carswell added two rushing TDs on the ground for the Generals.

Oak Harbor (3-0) - 42, Port Clinton (2-0) - 0
At least one Rocket football team was victorious this weekend... Oak Harbor completely overpowered Port Clinton, as Jaqui Hayward ran wild over the 'Skins both on offense and special teams. Michael Lalonde threw for 250 passing yards and two TDs as well.

"For Love of the Game of the Week," Sponsored by Sickos - Springfield (2-1) - 33, Start (0-3) - 28
Man. Eli Beal put the Blue Devils on his back, giving them their second victory of the season. Nate James' Spartans came up just short, but I'll look for them to compete very nicely once City League play opens up.
You did mean Labor Day weekend, right? ;)

Week Four NWO Games to Watch
This is where the fun begins! Conference play begins in many area conferences, though we still have some nice crossover/OOC games this week as well.

Findlay (2-1) vs. Clay (2-1)
Clay held strong-ish against Whitmer, and even put up 21 on them in the process. Findlay came off of a blowout of Southview where Ryan Montgomery broke Big Ben's record for passing yards in a game. If Clay wants to have a hair of a chance at keeping this close, their offense will have to keep the same frenetic pace that the Trojans had last week. My prediction: Findlay by 21

Ottawa Hills (3-0) vs. Whiteford (MI) (2-0)

What if I told you the best OH/MI game this week is one between two small public schools? Under first year HC Brandon Carter, the Green Bears have popped out to an undefeated start, with RB Rocco Pillarelli leading the way for OH's offense. Up north (but not too far north), the defending Division 8 state champions are looking to keep their 17 game win streak alive, led by All-Michigan back Jake Iott and the Masserant brothers. My prediction: Ottawa Hills by 3

Archbold (3-0) vs. Liberty Center (3-0)

A big NWOAL matchup between two juggernauts trending upward. The Blue Streaks defeated a solid Genoa team in Week 1, and handled St. Henry and Tinora, behind QB Cade Brenner and and RB Lucas Dominique. Liberty Center has absolutely torn through their opponents, outscoring them 127-20 through three weeks of play. Two-way lineman Landon Bockelman and RB/LB Landon Kruse help the Tigers roll through another week. My prediction: LC by 14

Defiance (3-0) vs. Van Wert (2-1)

Two WBL favorites go head to head. Defiance has jumped out to an unbeaten start, having eke'd out a close win against Wapakoneta in week 2, and beating St. Mary's by 15 last week. Brogan Castillo has been a huge force for the Bulldog offense thus far. Van Wert looks to salvage their hopes for a WBL title after dropping last week's matchup to Celina. The Cougars must rely on QB Brylen Parker to continue being the offensive machine he's been so far if they want to keep their six-game win streak against Defiance. My prediction: Defiance by 13

"For Love of the Game of the Week," - Start (0-3) vs. Scott (1-2)

Start dropped a close one in the final minutes to Springfield last week, delaying the Spartans chance to grab their first win of the season to this week. RB Jeremie Jones had a monster run last week to head the offensive momentum for Start, and will look to have a big week come Friday. Scott is currently trying to prevent their season from spiraling out of control, last week losing to Columbus East 32-8 after a fight allegedly broke out and the rest of the game was cancelled. Daryl Barnett Jr. has been a shining light for the Bulldogs both offensively and defensively with the loss of Amon Haynes and Carnel Smith. My prediction: Start by 10

Week Four NWO Games to Watch
This is where the fun begins! Conference play begins in many area conferences, though we still have some nice crossover/OOC games this week as well.

Findlay (2-1) vs. Clay (2-1)
Clay held strong-ish against Whitmer, and even put up 21 on them in the process. Findlay came off of a blowout of Southview where Ryan Montgomery broke Big Ben's record for passing yards in a game. If Clay wants to have a hair of a chance at keeping this close, their offense will have to keep the same frenetic pace that the Trojans had last week. My prediction: Findlay by 21

Ottawa Hills (3-0) vs. Whiteford (MI) (2-0)

What if I told you the best OH/MI game this week is one between two small public schools? Under first year HC Brandon Carter, the Green Bears have popped out to an undefeated start, with RB Rocco Pillarelli leading the way for OH's offense. Up north (but not too far north), the defending Division 8 state champions are looking to keep their 17 game win streak alive, led by All-Michigan back Jake Iott and the Masserant brothers. My prediction: Ottawa Hills by 3

Archbold (3-0) vs. Liberty Center (3-0)

A big NWOAL matchup between two juggernauts trending upward. The Blue Streaks defeated a solid Genoa team in Week 1, and handled St. Henry and Tinora, behind QB Cade Brenner and and RB Lucas Dominique. Liberty Center has absolutely torn through their opponents, outscoring them 127-20 through three weeks of play. Two-way lineman Landon Bockelman and RB/LB Landon Kruse help the Tigers roll through another week. My prediction: LC by 14

Defiance (3-0) vs. Van Wert (2-1)

Two WBL favorites go head to head. Defiance has jumped out to an unbeaten start, having eke'd out a close win against Wapakoneta in week 2, and beating St. Mary's by 15 last week. Brogan Castillo has been a huge force for the Bulldog offense thus far. Van Wert looks to salvage their hopes for a WBL title after dropping last week's matchup to Celina. The Cougars must rely on QB Brylen Parker to continue being the offensive machine he's been so far if they want to keep their six-game win streak against Defiance. My prediction: Defiance by 13

"For Love of the Game of the Week," - Start (0-3) vs. Scott (1-2)

Start dropped a close one in the final minutes to Springfield last week, delaying the Spartans chance to grab their first win of the season to this week. RB Jeremie Jones had a monster run last week to head the offensive momentum for Start, and will look to have a big week come Friday. Scott is currently trying to prevent their season from spiraling out of control, last week losing to Columbus East 32-8 after a fight allegedly broke out and the rest of the game was cancelled. Daryl Barnett Jr. has been a shining light for the Bulldogs both offensively and defensively with the loss of Amon Haynes and Carnel Smith. My prediction: Start by 10

Hopefully Brogan is healthy.