2023 Northern Buckeye Conference

Who wins the 2023 Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Eastwood

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fostoria

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Genoa

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maumee

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Oak Harbor

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Otsego

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone said the same thing about him going to be a coordinator at Anthony Wayne. There seems to be a lot of turn over on that staff year to year as well. Maybe the grass wasn’t greener for Rutherford at AW.
I can't imagine he would go over there to join one of his very good friends, take a teaching job, have a pretty successful season and then turn around a bounce somewhere else. From interviews he's been apart of it seems like he enjoyed focusing on one side of the ball.

I can't imagine he would go over there to join one of his very good friends, take a teaching job, have a pretty successful season and then turn around a bounce somewhere else. From interviews he's been apart of it seems like he enjoyed focusing on one side of the ball.
I would imagine you’re right, but never say never. I thought it was crazy what went down at Eastwood. I mean, the stadium is named after his dad and the family was heavily involved with the district. I don’t have the inside scoop on either AW or EW so I’m just speculating, but never say never.

I would imagine you’re right, but never say never. I thought it was crazy what went down at Eastwood. I mean, the stadium is named after his dad and the family was heavily involved with the district. I don’t have the inside scoop on either AW or EW so I’m just speculating, but never say never.
I agree, always just an opinion

On my twitter account I saw Eastwood qb broke a school record, then saw that Lakes so. Qb broke a record for them this year and that he led the conference in passing and that maumee rb is all blade team so I looked at website and seen oak harbors qb completed 80% of passes this season and top of league in td passes. So I got to thinking who is the best player returning for the 24 season

Otsego job is open, any chance that Rossford or Fostoria come open as well? I don't believe in the "hot seat" for either of these teams, but both coaches are long tenured there and haven't had a ton of success. Any chance they're done? Also, with the Otsego job, is that as an attractive position as it may have been 2 years ago? Are the structures in place to build a successful program back up?

Otsego job is open, any chance that Rossford or Fostoria come open as well? I don't believe in the "hot seat" for either of these teams, but both coaches are long tenured there and haven't had a ton of success. Any chance they're done? Also, with the Otsego job, is that as an attractive position as it may have been 2 years ago? Are the structures in place to build a successful program back up?
I don’t think either of those jobs open.

Fostoria has shopped for new coaches the last few years and it’s hard to get anyone interested in that job right now. Kidwell has been willing to step down if the right guy is willing to take over. Drusback isn’t going anywhere, his son is the 8th grade quarterback at Rossford. They have a pretty decent 8th grade class.

Otsego job is a good teaching job not a great football job. They haven’t had a ton of success outside those two years. It’s typically a .500 or below program. Their stadium and facilities aren’t great. But I’m sure it will draw interest because it’s one of the few head coaching jobs open in the area. It’s prolly third behind St. Francis, Bowling Green and ahead of Bryan.

I don’t think either of those jobs open.

Fostoria has shopped for new coaches the last few years and it’s hard to get anyone interested in that job right now. Kidwell has been willing to step down if the right guy is willing to take over. Drusback isn’t going anywhere, his son is the 8th grade quarterback at Rossford. They have a pretty decent 8th grade class.

Otsego job is a good teaching job not a great football job. They haven’t had a ton of success outside those two years. It’s typically a .500 or below program. Their stadium and facilities aren’t great. But I’m sure it will draw interest because it’s one of the few head coaching jobs open in the area. It’s prolly third behind St. Francis, Bowling Green and ahead of Bryan.
I think BG is the wildcard for jobs. I am always amazed that they can't field a more competitive team. I imagine Perrysburg and Eastwood probably pluck some of their talent. I also imagine that Rutherford would be the head candidate for that job if he wants it. That might turn the tides in the battle for losing kids. However, that's all just speculation on my part.

I think BG is the wildcard for jobs. I am always amazed that they can't field a more competitive team. I imagine Perrysburg and Eastwood probably pluck some of their talent. I also imagine that Rutherford would be the head candidate for that job if he wants it. That might turn the tides in the battle for losing kids. However, that's all just speculation on my part.
Nope. Every once in a great while they'll lose a kid to St. Johns.

As part of their effort to build a new high school, they have said that people new to the area look at BG schools and then decide to live elsewhere. I know of more than one new hire at BGSU who decided to live in Perrysburg.

Last edited:
Otsego has potential. From what I gather they have a strong sophomore class, really talented 8th grade group, and above average 7th grade class.

The junior class too isn't bad and Lampe, Limes, Atkinson, Hutton are all back. I don't think Otsego is a bad job. Do they still have Liberty Center as a non-conference game next year? That's probably the worst part about the job. Having BG, Tinora, and LC to open is quite challenging.

Secondly, I have never heard of Bowling Green losing kids to Perrysburg or Eastwood.

Otsego has potential. From what I gather they have a strong sophomore class, really talented 8th grade group, and above average 7th grade class.

The junior class too isn't bad and Lampe, Limes, Atkinson, Hutton are all back. I don't think Otsego is a bad job. Do they still have Liberty Center as a non-conference game next year? That's probably the worst part about the job. Having BG, Tinora, and LC to open is quite challenging.

Secondly, I have never heard of Bowling Green losing kids to Perrysburg or Eastwood.
1701880524254.png
This makes me question your analysis.