2023 Northern Buckeye Conference

Who wins the 2023 Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Eastwood

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fostoria

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Genoa

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maumee

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Oak Harbor

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Otsego

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does Lindke get another year at Otsego ? Does he leave looking to move on or does Otsego move on from him ? Not hearing very many good vibes out of Otsego these days.
What kind of stupid question is this? It's his second year in high school and he went 6-4 in year 1. This is high school, not the NFL. No matter how good any coach thinks they are you win with athletes. Unless there's some serious off-field issues, anyone that thinks a high school coach with a winning record should be let go after 2 years is an idiot.

What kind of stupid question is this? It's his second year in high school and he went 6-4 in year 1. This is high school, not the NFL. No matter how good any coach thinks they are you win with athletes. Unless there's some serious off-field issues, anyone that thinks a high school coach with a winning record should be let go after 2 years is an idiot.
Well I don’t judge myself nor anyone else on here…I’ll leave judgements up to God. I asked a question which is different than suggesting anything more than that. I was inquiring if anyone had heard anything coming from the Otsego folks is all. Yes I’ve heard rumblings that just puts into the question if he views Otsego as a stepping stone & isn‘y fully committed to Otsego. Keep in mind he’s a very young man with career aspirations. At same time as a head coach in high school the young men under your leadership deserve your 100% commitment. Yes a lot more about being a leader of young men than wins & losses.

Not even the head coach's social media ??? Might be enlightening
Katmandu2, is that you? 🤣

I think their QB is good, but some things to consider.
-How man seniors have been in the program for 4-6 years?
-What does the Jr. and Soph support look like?
-What’s the weightroom/off-season attendance look like?
-What does the rest of the staff look like?
-What does community and admin support look like?
-How does the change of non conference from Wynford and Van Buren figure in?

There are so many variables that go into a success program year in and year out, especially in the small schools. Otherwise, you’re just waiting around for athletes.

Genoa is a great example. They were arguably the premier program in the league. They had a few shaky years. Now they look be moving back up in the league.

If I had to guess I'd say one of them is in your family....
No. I was just impressed by what I’ve seen from them & they handled themselves very well in the Black Swamp pre-season show. They were interviewed by Lynn Groll & two former high school head coaches for about 15 minutes. Very mature in how they responded to the questions and how bonded they were to each other.

Well I don’t judge myself nor anyone else on here…I’ll leave judgements up to God. I asked a question which is different than suggesting anything more than that. I was inquiring if anyone had heard anything coming from the Otsego folks is all. Yes I’ve heard rumblings that just puts into the question if he views Otsego as a stepping stone & isn‘y fully committed to Otsego. Keep in mind he’s a very young man with career aspirations. At same time as a head coach in high school the young men under your leadership deserve your 100% commitment. Yes a lot more about being a leader of young men than wins & losses.
No, you just go namelessly on a public forum to spread rumors and talk smack about a second year head coach? Grind your ax already. Either enlighten us with what you’ve heard or reel in that cast. 🎣

Very mature in how they responded to the questions and how bonded they were to each other.
That has absolutely nothing to do with how successful they are on the field.

You're either too young, which is very believable by your postings, or you weren't around when Lindke's predecessor Dzierwa took over. His first 2 seasons were an impressive 4-6 and 3-7. Good thing you and the people you talk to weren't around making decisions back then.

No, you just go namelessly on a public forum to spread rumors and talk smack about a second year head coach? Grind your ax already. Either enlighten us with what you’ve heard or reel in that cast. 🎣
Ok will do. Thank you for your honest reply. I have no axe to grind. BTW I hope Coach Lindke has a one prosperous career in coaching. Everyone’s career path takes different twists and turns & we all learn as we go. High school sports unlike college & pros still has the spirit of it being a sport not a business & we’re blessed with some great high school programs in our area.

Ok will do. Thank you for your honest reply. I have no axe to grind. BTW I hope Coach Lindke has a one prosperous career in coaching. Everyone’s career path takes different twists and turns & we all learn as we go. High school sports unlike college & pros still has the spirit of it being a sport not a business & we’re blessed with some great high school programs in our area.
99% chance this is the same dude that was talking about Lindke earlier this year under a different username

What do we have score wise from last night?
OH at Rossford 48-0
Otsego at Fostoria 35-22
Eastwood at Maumee 49-20
Genoa at Lake 60-32

All the teams that won should have.

Biggest takeaway or question... is Otsego not what we thought? Crushed Rossford the week before but struggled last night with Fostoria. Their next three weeks will be interesting.

Is Eastwood getting better as the year goes on? Will they be able to compete at least with Genoa?

OH is still the team to beat

OH at Rossford 48-0
Otsego at Fostoria 35-22
Eastwood at Maumee 49-20
Genoa at Lake 60-32

All the teams that won should have.

Biggest takeaway or question... is Otsego not what we thought? Crushed Rossford the week before but struggled last night with Fostoria. Their next three weeks will be interesting.

Is Eastwood getting better as the year goes on? Will they be able to compete at least with Genoa?

OH is still the team to beat
Right now I think it goes Oak Harbor with a gap between them and Eastwood and Genoa. There’s another gap and you have Otsego and Maumee. Then there’s another large gap and you have Fostoria and Lake. Then I think Rossford is at the bottom.

Right now I think it goes Oak Harbor with a gap between them and Eastwood and Genoa. There’s another gap and you have Otsego and Maumee. Then there’s another large gap and you have Fostoria and Lake. Then I think Rossford is at the bottom.
Why do you believe there is a large gap between Otsego/Maumee and Fostoria/Lake? Fostoria nearly knocked off Otsego last night and Maumee & Lake played Eastwood about the exact same…

Why do you believe there is a large gap between Otsego/Maumee and Fostoria/Lake? Fostoria nearly knocked off Otsego last night and Maumee & Lake played Eastwood about the exact same…
Maybe not a large gap, but I feel like there is a gap. I think Fostoria is more athletic than Maumee and Otsego. Unlike others on this forum, I actually don’t think Otsego is very athletic but tends to be well coached. Although they did make some undisciplined mistakes the one time I watched them play this year so maybe I’m wrong. Anyways, Fostoria doesn’t have much for line play on either side of the ball and they don’t play disciplined football. Lake, like Otsego, doesn’t seem to be very athletic. They’re in the first year of a new system and should continue to improve but I don’t think they close the gap. I think Maumee has the most depth of the 4 teams mentioned. Same as Lake, first year in a new system so they should continue to improve each week. Their first year head coach is in a really good spot to take this program up to the top tier in the league in coming years. Really, Fostoria’s gap I think is more underachieving and not knowing how to win and finish while Lake is more of a lack of talent mixed with a new system.
Then, there’s Rossford.
Just rambling thoughts of an old man who enjoys HS football. Truth be told, I haven’t got out to watch as much ball as I would like, so my opinions are based on limited evidence.