2023 Northern Buckeye Conference

Who wins the 2023 Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Eastwood

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fostoria

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Genoa

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maumee

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Oak Harbor

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Otsego

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Being upset with the refs for poor calls is understandable - and yes, there were a lot of questionable calls for both teams. I don't think that warrants mother F'ing the refs for the entirety of a game, as well as after.
Denton Saunders would you get off Yappi and your burner please.

I feel like the bigger impact was the fact that Maumee refused to get out of man coverage. I streamed a bit of this game and it looked like a pretty simple game plan for Otsego against man coverage. My thought is that whoever calls the defense for Maumee should look into making it more difficult for offenses to scheme against them by mixing up coverages. I could be wrong. Only game I found on youtube was the Lake game and some other big board Friday stuff. Overall, they finished right about where most people thought they would in the league. 5-5 is a huge improvement over the 1-40 something they were over the last few years. Congrats on a good season, Maumee.
The head coach.

I said their pass defense was bad.

Anyways, back to the teams still playing. Looking at the brackets, do any of the NBC teams have a chance to get to a regional final? Oak Harbor won the region, but drew the short stick in getting placed with Liberty Center. Does OH get Ridener back this week? And if so, does that make a difference in the region with how much time he has missed? I could see Eastwood making a run and sneaking into the regional final. At the very least, I think they meet Coldwater in the regional semi.

Anyways, back to the teams still playing. Looking at the brackets, do any of the NBC teams have a chance to get to a regional final? Oak Harbor won the region, but drew the short stick in getting placed with Liberty Center. Does OH get Ridener back this week? And if so, does that make a difference in the region with how much time he has missed? I could see Eastwood making a run and sneaking into the regional final. At the very least, I think they meet Coldwater in the regional semi.

OH won the NBC but is 4th in the region. Setting up a likely regional semifinal with Liberty Center. I think that would be a good game but without Ridener LC is probably 14 point favorite. Ridener has 3 more weeks until that matchup, so who knows.

Eastwood would have a week 12 game with Edison. Edison is very physical and fast. I don't think Eastwood gets by them. Definitely would not beat Coldwater.

Regional semifinal games of Liberty Center/Oak Harbor and Coldwater/Edison would certainly be interesting.

OH won the NBC but is 4th in the region. Setting up a likely regional semifinal with Liberty Center. I think that would be a good game but without Ridener LC is probably 14 point favorite. Ridener has 3 more weeks until that matchup, so who knows.

Eastwood would have a week 12 game with Edison. Edison is very physical and fast. I don't think Eastwood gets by them. Definitely would not beat Coldwater.

Regional semifinal games of Liberty Center/Oak Harbor and Coldwater/Edison would certainly be interesting.
I tend to agree with you on that. What is Ridener's injury?

kinda crazy to me the BGHS head football coach Josh Wade gets suspended for a week for just cussing in the locker room, I heard from a good source that’s why he got suspended but Other schools allows coaches to lay hands on players not saying every school does this and they don’t but there are some who can’t control there anger and lash out on players, but if a player takes his anger out on a coach there is more consequences, I mean that’s just how I see things and witnessed things in the past, but other than that who else would LOVE to see LC vs OH both very good teams and would be a nail biter
Coaches cuss constantly its part of the game. There has to be more to it if he just cussed in a locker room there's no way he gets suspended.

I know many coaches who don't cuss, but that's not the issue. In context, he added a word to "let's kill those mfers" that was not acceptable. Maybe some kids/adults don't think its offensive, but it was. That's all I'm going to say here.

I know many coaches who don't cuss, but that's not the issue. In context, he added a word to "let's kill those mfers" that was not acceptable. Maybe some kids/adults don't think its offensive, but it was. That's all I'm going to say here.
Hmm, while playing Fremont Ross… It may have been more punishment to allow him to coach against Central Catholic this week for whatever he said.

kinda crazy to me the BGHS head football coach Josh Wade gets suspended for a week for just cussing in the locker room, I heard from a good source that’s why he got suspended but Other schools allows coaches to lay hands on players not saying every school does this and they don’t but there are some who can’t control there anger and lash out on players, but if a player takes his anger out on a coach there is more consequences, I mean that’s just how I see things and witnessed things in the past, but other than that who else would LOVE to see LC vs OH both very good teams and would be a nail biter
I'm just curious, did you report what the coach did to you to someone other than this message board? Someone obviously told an administrator about BG's coach, so that is why he got in trouble. If no one knows about it, no one will be able to do anything about it. I am not blaming anyone, I'm just saying that is the difference in why BG's coach got in trouble.

I'm just curious, did you report what the coach did to you to someone other than this message board? Someone obviously told an administrator about BG's coach, so that is why he got in trouble. If no one knows about it, no one will be able to do anything about it. I am not blaming anyone, I'm just saying that is the difference in why BG's coach got in trouble.
Things were also said in a public setting, more than once.

Yes I did my parent had a meeting with school superintendent and other administrators there to i had plenty of witnessss and my buddy told the athletic trainer and she told administrators too
I just can't think of what he said for a group of football players to collectively go and tell an administrator. Times have changed.

LC is likely a 28 point favorite, maybe with Ridener OH could keep it within 20. Guys, their toughest game was a 42-14 win at Archbold. Make no mistake, they should absolutely roll this region

LC is likely a 28 point favorite, maybe with Ridener OH could keep it within 20. Guys, their toughest game was a 42-14 win at Archbold. Make no mistake, they should absolutely roll this region

That game involved some big time special teams plays. Some huge kick and punt returns on both sides that led to scores. Both teams benefited. LC also had a pick 6 and essentially another pick 6. Is Liberty Center better than Archbold. Yes. Are they 28 points better? Not so sure about that.

Ridener is back this week for the Rockets btw.

Guys, their toughest game was a 42-14 win at Archbold. Make no mistake, they should absolutely roll this region
Ehhh, 35-14 to a 7-3 Tinora team but a seven point differential regardless.
lololol.jpg

I think OH should focus on the games in front of them before looking down the road at LC because Cal has Liberty Benton beating Oak Harbor 26 to 24.

Just 2 things:
Less random "NWOsomething" accounts. (Maybe a 24-48 hour waiting period before being able to post after registering an account).
Less coach ridicule and speculation. (There's a coaching shortage, please apply and they will gladly take your help).
I leave for 4 weeks and come back to renditions of NWO coach, fan, etc theyre making this quite dreadful.

does Otsego pull off the upset tonight>???
Doesn't seem likely. The first matchup was competitive for one half. First game with a different QB and the Farley kid at RB. Probably caught them off guard and I'm sure OH thought they would just walk on Otsego. I think they have opportunities to score but not enough to get past OH. If Ridener is actually back and at 100%, thats just one more weapon they add to their talented squad.

I think Otsego keeps it within 3 scores but it won't be closer than that at end

Reactions: AXE